27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest carlito88
How do we revert back to stock camera?

if the only .zip you have istalled after the Rom is the Camera Application , you can reinstall the Rom..

Guest mudrock1000

So...maybe this is just me but SDrescan doesn't seem to fix the fact that 100 media is sorted by reverse date taken. Like the first picture I took on the desire Rom is in that folder. Well I recently went back to cyanogenmod due to the fact no one can gimme a reason to my APN problem.

On the desire ROM, it sorted them just fine even though there were two separate folders for the pictures and merged them correctly and the sorting showed the last picture I took at the start and the last one at the end. I'd really like to fix that because when showing people my pictures it's pretty irritating XP

And since I haven't been on stock in a while, where are the pictures taken with the STOCK app located? I can only find the ones in DCIM ;)

Guest mnnmnn

Paul, please, update Desire Camera for CM 5.0.8. CM 5.0.8 requred new radio for working, and if I try use old Camera (for 5.0.7.1 ) it kills WiFi for my Nexus. ;)

Thank you.

Guest bedwa

I would say at this pt, the new radio issue probably affects both cm roms and froyo. I'm sure Paul knows that beer than I but I at least wanted to put that out there for others who may not have thought of it.

Guest Zen Kun Kun
Paul, please, update Desire Camera for CM 5.0.8. CM 5.0.8 requred new radio for working, and if I try use old Camera (for 5.0.7.1 ) it kills WiFi for my Nexus. ;)

Thank you.

+1 i want see this on cm 5.0.8 perhaps seems its going out cm 6.0.1 with froyo not sure how its froyo cam :C

Guest ksc6000

Does this work with MCR r19 based on FRF83?

Edit: Just tried it. It does not :lol: the phone got stuck on the boot "X"

Edited by ksc6000

Guest BRijpstra

So ehh 1st of all congrats with the good work, I read everywhere about your mod!

So I was wondering, since at least a few of the kernels ave the same foundation; could a basis of your mod(s) be usable for modding the camera of the HTC (gsm) Hero (because it sucks really really bad, especially on my Vanilla(Eclair 4.0) rom)? Or is it technically so different that it is simply not an option?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rino808

Does anyone have any info or word on if and when it will be compatible with CM6.0? I just miss this camera, i hate the stock froyo cam...thanks in advance

Guest wdfowty
Does anyone have any info or word on if and when it will be compatible with CM6.0? I just miss this camera, i hate the stock froyo cam...thanks in advance

+1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Popple3

Any chance of doing a patch for OpenDesire?

I know these are for the Nexus One, but I'd love to replace the camera app on my stock FroYo Desire

Guest katiepea

i'll pay someone to do this at this point. I HATE HATE HATE the stock camera on froyo, it's not even usable compared to what i had with the desire cam on 2.1. and now that the desire has 720p video in 2.2...well, i'm basically foaming at the mouth, please paul, i'll pay you, just name the price to make this happen.

Guest ksc6000
i'll pay someone to do this at this point. I HATE HATE HATE the stock camera on froyo, it's not even usable compared to what i had with the desire cam on 2.1. and now that the desire has 720p video in 2.2...well, i'm basically foaming at the mouth, please paul, i'll pay you, just name the price to make this happen.

Seriously I'll pay as well for this.

Guest weehooherod

I really badly want this on CM6 for my Evo. Paul if you make the Froyo Desire camera port for the Nexus One could you please make a Sense Froyo Evo cam port for CM6 Evo?

Guest Mux_Mux

cyanogen

720p for N1 (better quality than Evo!) is now in CM6 thanks to the help from @charansingh and @enomther

via Touiteur

so, we have only to wait for the next release of CM6...

GREAT!!! :)

Guest kwoodall
Works great on my N1 (CM 5.0.5.3).

No FCs or problems with Wifi.

Would be cool if the app names the photos like the original app (date and time instead of "IMAGxxxx") and saves them to "camera"-folder.

And i think the geotagging doesnt work (shows "unknown location").

Does this work with the latest Nexus One CM6 RC2 roms?

Kermit Woodall

• 1 month later...
Guest Shmoopty
Does this work with the latest Nexus One CM6 RC2 roms?

I second that. The Desire camera has macro focus that is worlds better than the stock camera.

Would it be possible to make a CM6 version?

Has anyone verified that the CM5 version does not work on CM6?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest jigimiki2594

@paulobrien.. nice work...

i'm using htc desire z with cyanogenmod....nd i'm missing htc camera application...can you help me please..!

or post a htc camera app.!! even i had tried to install from htc desire gingerbread Rom but not possible could u help me...please please