SUCCESFULLY FLASH my phone part on i8000l Bell canada

Guest xfallen

Guest jebise
So I can basically flash any custom Roms? ;) Thanks man for the quick info. I am not new to Octans flashing so it's all good I know how to do that. I was just asking if there's any extra steps/precautions about Bell Omnia II's compatibility to all the custom Roms out there. So I can flash the New JD1 Rom too if I understand you correctly ;)

yeah no sweat just flash away. You may want to backup the bell ROM just in case you need to send for servicing or something similar. There are floating around on this site but why not just dump your own to know you have the right one. Search for 2 exe dsk_dump 2.0 (sorg) run it from your storage you will see it creates a bin file on your storage. Then search for o2util on your PC just drag the bin file on top of o2util.exe and wait. You should see a nb0 file which is the flashable whenever you wanna go stock.

Guest xfallen
I got my csc with the csc dump tool in http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/ ...

thx a lot i just flashed every part PHONE , PDA , LUGIJ6 CSC and EBOOT of JD1 and phone is working good and internet to so far and its not bricked so up to now with this combination its working but maybe im one of those lucky just do it right and you might not have any problem !!! thx willis for the CSC i recovered the instant internet config i have the bell WHITE screen but im gonna install an other loading screen anyway thx again to those that helped me with this !!!

Guest redzone321
thx a lot i just flashed every part PHONE , PDA , LUGIJ6 CSC and EBOOT of JD1 and phone is working good and internet to so far and its not bricked so up to now with this combination its working but maybe im one of those lucky just do it right and you might not have any problem !!! thx willis for the CSC i recovered the instant internet config i have the bell WHITE screen but im gonna install an other loading screen anyway thx again to those that helped me with this !!!

are you on bell? i might try this as well

Guest willis111
notice any diff? i wanna try this too lol

It's hard to tell, the gps locks seem to be a lot quicker after upgrading the radio. I basically upgraded every part like that and was getting 2+ minute cold start locks when firing up igo/garmin. Now with the new radio I haven't had a lot in more than 30 seconds.

Guest nuelo

I have successfully flashed my Bell Canada Omnia II. I only found the need to flash the PHONE portion. No need to unlock. Just read the instructions on the sticky threads. Of course, WM 6.5.x is much better than what Bell ships. Grabbed a backup Bell original NB0 file from someone (just in case) and flashed away. Made some reg mods for Tomtom to pick up a sat faster. Otherwise, everything is sweet.

Guest Mikroft

JD1 has updated GPS drivers which makes GPS fixes faster. I just installed the JD1 GPS driver from another thread and my GPS is way better now.

Guest redzone321

thsi has nothgin to do with the phone part though. i also get a faster lock with JD1 but only ebo and nbo flashed

JD1 has updated GPS drivers which makes GPS fixes faster. I just installed the JD1 GPS driver from another thread and my GPS is way better now.

Guest Uss_Defiant

I have also flashed with phone and seem to get far better reception on bell (phone occasionally cut out in basement... now sound is quite strong and no cut out's so far)

Guest nipip

I failed to download an I8000L IJ3 rom using the quattro samsung downloader tool (just don't work).

This one has the last known phone part for backup.

If I could get this I would try with new I8000 parts with confidence.

I failed to download an I8000L IJ3 rom using the quattro samsung downloader tool (just don't work).

This one has the last known phone part for backup.

If I could get this I would try with new I8000 parts with confidence.

De donde la quisiste bajar? Está en algún lado disponible para tener de backup el Phone y CSC del I8000L que tenemos en Argentina?

Where did you download it? Are the Phone and CSC parts available for argentinian (or generic I8000L) phones?

Guest nipip
De donde la quisiste bajar? Está en algún lado disponible para tener de backup el Phone y CSC del I8000L que tenemos en Argentina?

Where did you download it? Are the Phone and CSC parts available for argentinian (or generic I8000L) phones?

Hola, con el downloader posteado aca al lado. No hay para Argentina pero si figuran varias para i8000L, incluso indica algunas JA1 marcadas como i8000 por lo que da para pensar que las phones si son compatibles.

Lamentablemente me echa flit para intentar bajar cualquier cosa.

----

Hi, I tried samsung rom downloader posted here. There's nothing for Argentina but there are several generic i8000L, even JA1 versions noted for i8000. I guess phone parts are compatibles after all.

Sadly app gives nothing but flit for me. :huh:

Guest Mikroft

Just flashed everything from JD1 onto my phone. So far so good. Using twu2's JD3 Lite ROM. Everything is so fast. Have yet to try GPS.

Edited by Mikroft

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eric2k

If I am on bell,

PDA =(BELL original can be backed up)

PHONE =NO BACKUP

CSC =(BELL original can be backed up)

EBOOT =NO BACKUP

Why would you flash your Phone/CSC portion if your on Bell, what type of benefit is there if any?

Also same thing for Eboot why bother?

Edited by eric2k

Guest jebise
If I am on bell,

PHONE =NO BACKUP

EBOOT =NO BACKUP

Why would you flash your Phone/CSC portion if your on Bell, what type of benefit is there if any?

people say it gives better performance i have yet to flash anything except PDA and have had no issues with anything.The recommended time to flash eboot is going from winmo 6.1 to 6.5 and that's the only time, the newer eboots have a lower pagepool limit of 15MB while the old had 20MB but that can be forced from winmo and most lite ROM have 8MB anyways. I guess the main reason why i would ever flash all parts on my phone is to get official updates from samsung using pc studio since it will make the i8000L into a i8000 and that is what gets all the updates we see here. CSC i really don't see a point in flashing that since it only language stuff and if you use english/french you don't need anything else.

People also say flashing the PHONE part helps with GPS i rarely have a issue unless i'm in Toronto oddly enough i can't get a satellite fix there maybe coz of all the buildings, but works fine in other cities.

Edited by jebise

Guest eric2k
people say it gives better performance i have yet to flash anything except PDA and have had no issues with anything.The recommended time to flash eboot is going from winmo 6.1 to 6.5 and that's the only time, the newer eboots have a lower pagepool limit of 15MB while the old had 20MB but that can be forced from winmo and most lite ROM have 8MB anyways. I guess the main reason why i would ever flash all parts on my phone is to get official updates from samsung using pc studio since it will make the i8000L into a i8000 and that is what gets all the updates we see here. CSC i really don't see a point in flashing that since it only language stuff and if you use english/french you don't need anything else.

People also say flashing the PHONE part helps with GPS i rarely have a issue unless i'm in Toronto oddly enough i can't get a satellite fix there maybe coz of all the buildings, but works fine in other cities.

Exactly... i get no GPS issues for phone part. bell is already 6.5 for eboot and CSC makes no sence.

Guest jebise
Exactly... i get no GPS issues for phone part. bell is already 6.5 for eboot and CSC makes no sence.

that's why i'm still stock bell.

Guest willis111

Erase csc makes sense. Some people can write down the settings for the inet and save a few megs but yeah, pretty much pointless.

• 1 month later...
Guest prcme
If I am on bell,

PHONE =NO BACKUP

EBOOT =NO BACKUP

I am on Bell Mobility in Canada, and I just lost my 16GB internal "My Storage". I have tried all the possible fixes (including nueRom`s Storage Manager), yet it will not appear even as an unmounted drive or anything. I bought the phone used, so warranty does not apply in my case.

I have re-loaded the PDA and CSC portion, with no success.

When the PHONE and or EBOOT section become available for this phone I will put them in. I cannot see this as being a totally hardware issue, and would like to try all possible avenues befor paying to get this fixed by Bell or Samsung.

I REALLY APPRECIATE all the hard work and great effort from this community that has gone into improving the software on this phone.

I have since upgraded to a Sense PDA, and noticed such an improvement in Main Storage free ram, I am now able to have all the programs in that space without the need for `My Storage` any more (but it would really be nice, since that was a selling feature on this phone)

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I am pleased to report that I've successfully flashed the phone part to JF1 on a Bell O2.

GPS lockup is definately faster, and 3G also seems faster, but it might be due to the fact that I've switched from Opera 10 to Opera Mini 5.

Didn't change anything on the quality of the reception though, still losing the signal in my basement... :(

Quick note : Also flashed to JF5 EBoot & PDA, but I've left the CSC to stock Bell (I8000LBMIJ6). Everything seems good so far.

Edited by PoFF