HELP!!! device.exe keeps crashing

Guest Tikky7

Guest Tikky7

device.exe crashes on Samsung Blackjack II after it comes out of sleep mode and tries to get GPS sync on Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard, CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1).

This is apparent if you use applications such as Google Latitude to update your location to a web server. The crash causes the phone to not establish a Internet connection nor get a GPS sync. The Internet connection error however seems to get resolved on its own after some time.

A Soft Reset must be executed to get the GPS chip to start running again, have not tried a Hard Reset as I don't want to spend the time to restore the phone, my contacts and the apps even though I have backups of all. (Also does anyone know if I have to restore the settings for the ATT Internet Connections after a hard reset or should they be there by default)

Guest Tikky7

Ok so I did a hard reset on the phone the other day and installed Google Maps, starting GPS did not crash the device.exe however I could not get any sync even after waiting 15min under a clear sky. So I installed the 6.1 ROM image again and did the same procedure again no sync was possible.

Then I installed GPSID and GPSTest this seemed to work for a while I was able to get GPS sync in both GPSTest and Google but the device.exe crashed again after the phone went to sleep mode and I went into Google Maps to revive it. Similar situation occurs if you go into GPSTest after reviving the phone.

There seems to be a similar thread for the Sprint Mogul but it does not seem to be resolved there either. It seems that this is a bug in the OS however I have another friend with the same phone and OS and Apps and the problem does not occur on his phone. He is able to get a GPS Sync directly from the Windows Intermediate Driver (Managed By Windows in Google Maps) without the need for GPSID and his device.exe does not crash like mine.

I will try out this new 6.5 ROM from princedwi soon to see if that resolves the issues I see with the GPS and will post my results here.