[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5

Guest enrico988

Guest stylus1828

Hi enrico988.

I've tested your rom and i get this error after every boot: "Voice Command has quit due to low memory. Close running programs and try again". Is this related to the page pool? Sense 2.5 is not started when i get this msg and I have 76 mb of free ram.

In com manager wifi button does not work and at sense, settings tab there is a small lag when i try to select something.

Thanks for this rom, it's grate.

Guest midimal
bah

might be slow but looks alot better then Tityanium

and second its WM lol its ALWAYS slow

hosntly the onlyadvantige to WM over droid Iphone or webos is that u can put on Cocked ROms and Emulators for the other OS

im runign Webos and android on my WM phone LOL..

For me its ok :P All skins below are Titanium - Skins

post-608080-1265498048_thumb.png

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=49472

post-592751-1267886470_thumb.png

Guest JezzyJeff

Hi enrico,

tested ur rom tonight. Very good looking but i've encountered multiple bugs, listed below

- GPS doesn't seem to work (tested with iGO8, Google Maps and Next2Me)

- XT9 doesn't work (tested on German keyboard layout, no word suggestion and completion working)

- Colours seem kinda like 256 bit. I installed an earlier mentioned theme from xda-dev with white background and the background just looks so crappy because of light changes of colour inside the background .png and it just looks crappy!!! ^^ as well as the clock on the home tab, colours just don't seem enough

- overall the whole o2 doesn't seem as fast, though most parts of sense are working faster than any other sense (cab or rom) i've tried so far but the biggest lag, as sombeody else already told, is inside the settings tab, lag between tap and response is about 3 seconds

The rest is just finde, keep it going and thanks for the hard work

Guest iksunny

Thank you very much for your great rom enrico988. :P

Does anyone konw how can I get back to HTC dialer? I would like to reserve more ram as I never use video call......

Thanks

Guest Laruku Jr.

Hey enrico988, thank you for your great ROM. I have a little problem with HTC Calendar. I cannot see my appointments because it is replace by Weather data. Do you have any ideas?

Guest jeffrey2000

In 2 simple words: "Great rom!". This was just the rom I was waiting for since a long time!

I've been testing ur rom for 1 day and can say that sense 2.5 is indeed fast, even with the "auto" performance it still fast. With or without weather and flipping animation also. Battery life is great aswell. Just had some problems after changing the upper taskbar icons that sometimes the bottow bar just dissappears (and displays only the phone/menu and white/grey bottom bar and start button didn't work anymore) but after uninstalling that theme (which was the probelm) everything was fine again. Another problem is the mirrored text on opening an image see also below my current setup and the mirrored text.

post-346680-1270191095_thumb.png post-346680-1270191103_thumb.png

Installed the "ovi' android theme (with my own below buttons) and used dark ninja's androids icons (with dandnj71's battery mod). For anyone interested :P

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=50280

Edited by jeffrey2000

Is it possible to bring the HTC message back? HTC sense crashes and restarts whenever I try to click "send message" from phone dialer interface. I think Leo's set up for HTC messaging and facebook integration was great, but your interface is much smoother and faster in general (other than settings)

Guest williamwong

Thanks man! The rom is very very great! I love you! You're the best one! ......... :P :(

Edited by williamwong

Guest enrico988

Hey all, thanks for feedbacks.

So:

- All graphic glithces are caused not by Sense itself, but by OpenGL drivers written by Ginkage. I have to say that, except those glitches, Ginkage did a GREAT work, and you know, without him we couldn't have this eye candy interface.

- HTC Dialer can be brought back with value "ext" = "phcanhtc.dll" (see first post for finding the right Reg Key). If you want to completely disable (use windows default dialer) set Enabled = 0.

- HTC Message was going in conflict with Samsung sms client, so I didn't include them. I think exist cabs for it on the net...

- I tested myself GPS (iGO 8) and was nice...

- About the mirrored text in Album and lagging Settings, I cannot do anything for now :(

- About XT9 problem, maybe I missed something with other languages, cause with mine (italian) and english it worked. Try to use cab provided from NewForce, you can find in this forum.

- then, about the quality of backgrounds, you have to consider that this interface is optimized for HTC-devices, so we can find some issues. I didn't try it, but exists a patch to force HQ wallpapers. Search for "HQ patch Sense 2.5.2012"

Thanks again for trying my rom :P

Guest sioppao

i definitely like the ROM - thank you so much. it would definitely be a shame to even mention "things that don't work" cos this is a feat as it is.

anyway, there are only a few things:

- wifi from connection manager wont turn on - ok with samsung settings

- unable to add new appointment from calendar app

but great great ROM nonetheless - a giant leap in terms of speed.

Guest jeffrey2000

In case you are considdering a newer version/build (JC2 or higher :( ) please include the "share wifi router" also in the htc wireless connection settings.

For the rest like I said before great rom!

FYI: Just replaced the touchplayer by the newer JC2 one (which you can find here on Modaco) and works great aswell, no nasty lags anymore on playback.

So this will be the changelog for next version so far B) hehe

+ JC2 (or above) -> phonebook, call log, media (touch) player, FM Radio, Samsung Settings

+ Wifi router (HTC Wireless settings)

- Cube

- Samsung File Explorer (who uses this anyway?)

- Samsung Clock (it's not needed when we have the Manila alarm app.

- Google Maps (can be installed after onto: my storage/storage card).

- MS Live Messenger (newer version can be installed from Marketplace so unnecessary)

- MS My Phone (newer version can be installed from Marketplace so unnecessary).

TNX :P Well just kidding but hope you will continue this great work and considder above points :(

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest stylus1828

enrico988 i would like to you remove samsung cube if the rest of the users whant this to in you're next release. Personally I consider that it has no utility when you've got sense 2.5.

Did any of you get this error msg??? Sense 2.5 is not loaded so the amount of memory is sufficient!

post-456670-1270204846_thumb.jpg

Edited by stylus1828

Guest Laruku Jr.
Hey enrico988, thank you for your great ROM. I have a little problem with HTC Calendar. I cannot see my appointments because it is replace by Weather data. Do you have any ideas?

Anyone found this problem? Please help. :P

Guest enrico988
In case you are considdering a newer version/build (JC2 or higher :( ) please include the "share wifi router" also in the htc wireless connection settings.

For the rest like I said before great rom!

FYI: Just replaced the touchplayer by the newer JC2 one (which you can find here on Modaco) and works great aswell, no nasty lags anymore on playback.

So this will be the changelog for next version so far B) hehe

+ JC2 (or above) -> phonebook, call log, media (touch) player, FM Radio, Samsung Settings

+ Wifi router (HTC Wireless settings)

- Cube

- Samsung File Explorer (who uses this anyway?)

- Samsung Clock (it's not needed when we have the Manila alarm app.

- Google Maps (can be installed after onto: my storage/storage card).

- MS Live Messenger (newer version can be installed from Marketplace so unnecessary)

- MS My Phone (newer version can be installed from Marketplace so unnecessary).

TNX :P Well just kidding but hope you will continue this great work and considder above points :(

Thanks for your suggestions!!

If there will be a new version, I'll surely second what you said about all, except google maps which is required for MyLocation service.

For sure if I won't include it, people will ask for it ;)

enrico988 i would like to you remove samsung cube if the rest of the users whant this to in you're next release. Personally I consider that it has no utility when you've got sense 2.5.

Did any of you get this error msg??? Sense 2.5 is not loaded so the amount of memory is sufficient!

Never got it. Did you try to disable voice command?

Anyone found this problem? Please help. :o

If I add an appointment, wheather panel slides a bit down...

@ALL: After flashing a cooked rom, HARD RESET is always suggested. It will solve (in many cases) some problems.

Guest jeffrey2000
Anyone found this problem? Please help. :P

Is the weather data overlapping ur calendar? Otherwise you can simply disable weather by choosing a still image as "animated wallpaper" instead of the weather wallpaper.

If there will be a new version, I'll surely second what you said about all, except google maps which is required for MyLocation service.

No problem, forget what I said and leave google maps in, I want the weather hehehe

Edited by jeffrey2000

tested the rom for a day

the 'X' softkey can terminate the apps finally!!! great job

the HTC dailer skin is somehow better than the samsung one but i want the haptic feedback back, is it possible to do so?

the memory control is better, with cleanram running in the background

the htc album is incredibly smooth!! hope other htc stuffs in the machine can as smooth as the album in the next build. just hope. lol

at this moment i will turn back to the original titanium UI in order to obtain more avaliable ram, treat the sense as an extra~

Thanks enrico again for your great work!

Guest stylus1828

Are voice commands enabled by default? Cause i never used this option...

Edit: Voice commands aren't enabled.

Edited by stylus1828

Guest enrico988
Are voice commands enabled by default? Cause i never used this option...

Go to Settings-->Personal-->Voice Command and disable it.

edit: Try to do an hard reset..or try to reflash.

Edited by enrico988

Guest kydkylin

Have tried this ROM for a while,everything works perfectly,except it seems there's something wrong with the Samsung Main Menu.There're more shortcuts than it should have(eg.There're four Samsung shortcuts...).And the Samsung Main Menu is not the latest version,still very slow.

My advice for next version is as follows:

1.remove the main menu or use the latest smoother menu here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...nmenu-exe-file/

2.remove the Samsung Cube ,Samsung Task Swithcher.I think the default windows task swicher is already enough.

3.use the lastest wm build 23554,seems much faster and stable.But its gwes.exe should be replaced by the 23551's.

Well,above is only my personal oppions.Maybe lots of other people love the Samsung main menu,cube and task switcher...

Anyway,this sense 2.5 rom is really fantastic and excellent,much more stable and faster!

Well Done!!!Million of thx!!!

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Odysseas07

Hello and thanks for the rom

Can someone tell me where i can found MODIFICATION for this veersion of HTC SENSE ???

Thankssssssssss

Is it possible to bring the HTC message back? HTC sense crashes and restarts whenever I try to click "send message" from phone dialer interface. I think Leo's set up for HTC messaging and facebook integration was great, but your interface is much smoother and faster in general (other than settings)

Hey~ I just realised that after I receive sms from other people, the HTC message tab miraculously appears in the phone dialer contacts interface (the interface with contact details, events, facebook, call log etc)!! However, the sms input is buggy. It doesnt work if I use PlumSIP with dictionary. Without dictionary (or samsung keypad) it works but the text box for sms is not aligned properly and weird. It would be great if this could be fixed. Anyway thanks for all the work, everything else is fantastic!!!

Edited by zzyo

Guest Odysseas07

Hello enrico988

Can i ask you something ???

Did you use the ameba i am right ???

With version ??? Did you use the newer version 0.8 ????

Thankssssssssss