Creating a GoldCard

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mobomas
How to create a GoldCard

[*]Format the microSD card to FAT32 format.

[*]Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.

[*]Ensure you have unzipped the SDK, then open a command prompt to the extract location. Change to the 'tools directory.

P

Thanks to MiSSigNNo!

Hi

i have a problem with my desire phone

my desire was locked on T-mobile

i updated it by Wifi

then i updated with ROM utility (T-mobile rom , exe file )

my mobile is working BUT

nothing show in display

display is Black

but it,s working

now i know i must creat a goldcard for it !

but HOW when mobile display is off ???

please help me !

thanks

Edited by mobomas

Guest Smurfix

*Sigh*.

FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)

HTC Legend (non-branded, German); I tried every variation of building a valid GoldCard I could find. No luck.

Now what? I want to CyanogenMod the damn thing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest emacine

Hi Guys,

I am badly stuck. I have rooted my HTC Wildfire out of curiosity using unrevoced. Now after the official release froyo I tried to update my phone which is now giving me this error

getprop("ro.cid")="99999999" || getprop("ro.cid")="HTC_038" E:ERROR in /sdcard/download/OTA_Buzz_Froyo_hTC_Asia_India_2.25.720.1-1.25.720.1_reslease_161546bwou4mclajggz2mu-1.zip (Status 7)

And when I try to flash the phone with RUU its gives me an error "error 131 customer id error" . I believe both the message are same.

I have followed the steps to create the Goldcard. Now I dont know what I should do with the goldcard to update my phone with the official froyo release. I dont mind loosing the root access . please advice.

Thanks you,

Shankar

Guest emacine

Hi Guys,

I am badly stuck. I have rooted my HTC Wildfire out of curiosity using unrevoced. Now after the official release froyo I tried to update my phone which is now giving me this error

getprop("ro.cid")="99999999" || getprop("ro.cid")="HTC_038" E:ERROR in /sdcard/download/OTA_Buzz_Froyo_hTC_Asia_India_2.25.720.1-1.25.720.1_reslease_161546bwou4mclajggz2mu-1.zip (Status 7)

And when I try to flash the phone with RUU its gives me an error "error 131 customer id error" . I believe both the message are same.

I have followed the steps to create the Goldcard. Now I dont know what I should do with the goldcard to update my phone with the official froyo release. I dont mind loosing the root access . please advice.

Thanks you,

Shankar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest accelrate

Why doesn't the Goldcard work for me? It still says wrong CID, whether I use RUU, or PD98IMG.zip method. I even got a different image sent just in case, but nothing is working. I even used the goldcard maker. Nothing. Do goldcards no longer work? I don't understand. Someone help please.

Guest ScottishVillan

Looking for some help with the Hex editor section of making the goldcard.

When i'm trying to open my sd card, it shows under logical disks but not physical disks.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Guest reza kia

hi all

i get this error

i112556_IMAG0002.jpg

computer not recognize my device

now , how to create goldcard?

it possible , i use from my friend's goldcard?

Edited by reza kia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jordanmejos

I've approved active assorted RUU's with no luck, the abutting I accept appear with annihilation is active an UPDATE file, which endless but if the buzz reboots afterwards accession it goes to a 1-100% adverse thingy, which comes up with delay or force abutting afterwards 10-15% and alone gets to about 90% afresh reboots and tries afresh and again, so its ashore in a rebooting loop.

Guest tweak.er

What does it mean "open command prompt to extract location"?

please help

thanks in advace

Edited by tweak.er

• 1 month later...
Guest Mark Van Holy

Hi,

i'v got a problem getting the number from the command

cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid

then i have an error: file not found

In some guides i found to use another number in the path as

cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/cid

cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:*/cid

This 2 commands give me 2 different number, can i use them to generate the gold card?

What does it mean mmc1 / mmc0 or mmc2 ?

tnx

Guest Adrien C.
Just a useful website for getting your reversed number:

http://www.string-functions.com/reverse.aspx

I was wondering why my goldcard didn't work... then downloaded an app for Android, compared with the code I got on console and noticed this: that reverse don't work for this case

Found out now. It needs to reverse the hex codes. So the reversing needs to be in pairs.

And the first 2 numbers turn to 00.

Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402.

Visit this page, paste in your number and reverse it. In our example the result would be 00544d5107943247039c7d22bd002653.

Check it out:

53 26 00 bd 22 7d 9c 03 47 32 94 07 51 4d 54 02

00 54 4d 51 07 94 32 47 03 9c 7d 22 bd 00 26 53

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Qiuness
hi Nimmo,

thanks lot for ur comment. im facing the same problem as urs.. so glad to have ur post for me to try...

i spends hours on the mmc1..

haha... thx lot ... really appreciate it.. ^^

thx thx

fudge... same here on my DHD

THANKS!

• 1 month later...
Guest ooisiang

Sorry that I'm new using command prompt. After i have navigated to the tools directory, I tried typing "adb shell" enter i didn't work and I tried typing the whole thing "adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid" it didn't work as well. It's stated there 'adb' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. May I know how I can do it exactly? The line in my command prompt is:

c:\Program Files\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid

What have I done wrongly?

• 1 month later...
Guest buythismobile

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi

I am now installing SDK and it's super slow, is it normal ? (downloading a lot).

After having made a Goldcard, do you know which ROM i could install on HTC WILDFIRE S (Marvel phone, NOT Buzz which is wildfire WITHOUT S).

Thank you for your help.

• 7 years later...
Guest Gabor44

Hello.

I don't understand  the whole gold card thing. You said "if you own a T-Mobile branded device, this will allow you to flash a generic ROM."

Is it not possible just simply write the system.bin to system partition with "fastboot flash"?

What was this gold card exactly? And what is the origin? Is it something for the providers from HTC?

Thank you.