[ROM][OFFICIAL PH] I8000FAMXXX

Guest bratboo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arthurjohngeronimo

guys, does the "Storage disappearing act" related to hardware or ROM? coz i'm thinking of going back to official ROM even if it's not that fast as cooked ones.. thanks

Guest kimitza
guys, does the "Storage disappearing act" related to hardware or ROM? coz i'm thinking of going back to official ROM even if it's not that fast as cooked ones.. thanks

depends. Both can be the source. If it's hardware, then...goodbye omnia.(with the money spent on a new memory+service you can buy another omnia :rolleyes: ).

If it's software, it can be solved. And it's not stock or custom. I have friends with omnia on stock rom who faced the same problem. I guess it's more how you use your phone, especially when connecting to pc.

Guest johnchua55

mostly i think it is a hardware problem ..... rarely have i read anyone recovering from this problem using software to unmount re mount the drive. Four times my phone has been to the service center bec of missing storage. And i have flashed more times than i can count .... it just simply breaks down without warning.

Guest yeyejulian80

i agree. more often than not it is a hardware issue. it simply doesn't work after numerous flashes. only way out is service center. i had mine replaced with 16g storage when it was lost after flashing a custom rom. good thing is that it was weeks away from warranty expiry.

Guest hsuchitmp
mostly i think it is a hardware problem ..... rarely have i read anyone recovering from this problem using software to unmount re mount the drive. Four times my phone has been to the service center bec of missing storage. And i have flashed more times than i can count .... it just simply breaks down without warning.

four times? mine now was three times. and one time i talked to samsung support tech (i think from manila) and i asked about the problem with my storage. they said in the fourth time if the same problem fails (my storage) you can ask for some sort of certificate on the service center that your have the same problem failing my storage for the fourth time and you can ask for a replacement. (that is four times it fails under warranty) they (samsung support tech) specify that they will replace it with new unit but same omnia ii. but you can negotiate with the store where you both your phone if they're willing to trade it with another unit just add on additional payment.

so for me now my storage failed for the third time and now i have been forced to flash to stock rom (for warranty purposes) and waiting for the fourth time my storage will fail. hoping i could trade it with a brand new unit. omnia ii is a great phone with custom roms and a few tweak here and there. just the hardware in my case is always failing. right now my phone again is in the service center with damage touch screen (cannot align screen).

wil keep you posted if anything good news happens to my phone :rolleyes:

Guest mnmenina

anyone knows any gps thats working in the phils? already tried the google maps, it has the philippine map but cant change my location to philippines and when checking routes from start to end point no route is showing.. anyone?

Guest mjeg0202
four times? mine now was three times. and one time i talked to samsung support tech (i think from manila) and i asked about the problem with my storage. they said in the fourth time if the same problem fails (my storage) you can ask for some sort of certificate on the service center that your have the same problem failing my storage for the fourth time and you can ask for a replacement. (that is four times it fails under warranty) they (samsung support tech) specify that they will replace it with new unit but same omnia ii. but you can negotiate with the store where you both your phone if they're willing to trade it with another unit just add on additional payment.

so for me now my storage failed for the third time and now i have been forced to flash to stock rom (for warranty purposes) and waiting for the fourth time my storage will fail. hoping i could trade it with a brand new unit. omnia ii is a great phone with custom roms and a few tweak here and there. just the hardware in my case is always failing. right now my phone again is in the service center with damage touch screen (cannot align screen).

wil keep you posted if anything good news happens to my phone :rolleyes:

the same thing happened to me bro, after a week of using my omnia 2 i don't know but my internal storage of 16gb is missing. I tried almost any troubleshooting listed by google but it didn't help restore the missing memory. What i do is go to Samsung service center in Greenhills and have them check my phone. After an hour they said that they will have to replace some chips on my unit but they dont have the stock so i must wait two weeks inorder for them to order the chip. I insist that the store where i bought my phone must replaced it because it's only one week old. They issued me a certificate proving that the phone is defective and must be replaced by a new one.

Guest hsuchitmp
the same thing happened to me bro, after a week of using my omnia 2 i don't know but my internal storage of 16gb is missing. I tried almost any troubleshooting listed by google but it didn't help restore the missing memory. What i do is go to Samsung service center in Greenhills and have them check my phone. After an hour they said that they will have to replace some chips on my unit but they dont have the stock so i must wait two weeks inorder for them to order the chip. I insist that the store where i bought my phone must replaced it because it's only one week old. They issued me a certificate proving that the phone is defective and must be replaced by a new one.

first time i lost my storage was i think 3 days after purchase. warranty covers if the phone has a defect with in one week they will replace it with a brand new unit omnia ii. ONE WEEK only for brand new replacement. now my warranty for parts and services is good for ONE YEAR and in six months time of use my storage failed 3 times including the first one. they said on the fourth time that my storage will fail i can ask for a certificate and if its still on warranty they will replace it with a brand new omnia ii. maybe if im lucky i can negotiate a replacement other than omnia ii. (crossing fingers)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest yeyejulian80
anyone knows any gps thats working in the phils? already tried the google maps, it has the philippine map but cant change my location to philippines and when checking routes from start to end point no route is showing.. anyone?

try garmin mobile xt. it works for me

Edited by yeyejulian80

• 3 weeks later...
Guest night.fox

no latest firmware or phonepart or whatsoever for philippines omnia. I think our engineers are too lazy for this. I just went to samsung service center lately to have them fixed my phone. I ask for upgrade but they say no upgrade yet since the JA2. so sad we have to mod our phone which are leaks from other country. Anyway, good enough for me cause I always keep the firmware and ready to "downgrade" incase I need service. :) cheers

• 9 months later...