any one try the 0.0008.06 bin ???

Guest hoici

Guest Leon.786
Bootanimation: push a bootanimation.zip (example, the one from LCR 1.2.4) in /system/media

I think that it's impossibile to remove haptic feedback of softkeys, but i think that is better with than without :P

Hey i did not find any system folder on my Card after mounting it through the phone..!! Do i have to make such folders manually..!?!? Just using the new bin and no LCR..!!

Waiting for reply

Guest Leon.786
adb remount

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media

:(

Hey adb remount seems hebrew to me..!! I'm sorry for being a noob..Could you direct me to a tutorial..If U wudnt mind.. :P

Guest m3allak
Hey adb remount seems hebrew to me..!! I'm sorry for being a noob..Could you direct me to a tutorial..If U wudnt mind.. :P

Hy guy

if you want to execute adb controls, let's do these operations :

1 ) download and install compatible sdk (2.1) on your computer (tape sdk in google you will find it)

2 ) open a console in windows ( tape cmd in windows search) and go to sdk directory ( C:\android-sdk-windows\tools normally )

3) here you can tape adb commands (adb reboot bootloader, adb push -option @ dest src...)

you must know that all these commands must be done from this directory (there is no copy/paste to do it)

I hope that i've been clear

Guest linuxluver
Gentlemen, you need to flash the superboot2 file from page 26in the evil1.9 thread for ADB remount to work. I also used malez0.43 option 1 to root without problems.

ROM is fast, which is the first time I've said this about any 2.1 rom. FULL multitouch is just a bonus! Now my only problem that remains is the super slow and unusable Messaging app.

Any ideas?

Messaging works OK for me. maybe I just have different expectations.

I have also installed Handcent SMS. It seems to work OK though I'm still seeing duplicate incoming - as on other Eclair ROMs for Liquid.

Guest linuxluver
Hey i did not find any system folder on my Card after mounting it through the phone..!! Do i have to make such folders manually..!?!? Just using the new bin and no LCR..!!

Waiting for reply

/system is in the internal memory in the phone - not on the sdcard. If it was on the sdcard, the path would be /sdcard/system. It's not on the sdcard.

+1 for Piter's Liberated 1.2.

It's quick, now I'm not going back to 1.6.

EDIT: I forgot to mention what I did before I could say it's quick:

- flashed twice

- wipe clean + dalvik

- turned off all animations

- set autokiller to optimum.

Edited by hpr

Guest Ultimate Chicken

I can't seem to flash this. The Acer Download Tool chokes on it, window disappears, task left running in task manager but remains at 0% processor use. The only real thing it ever did to my Liquid was put it in Airplane mode (had to reboot to fix that).

I'm running on Evil's 1.9 ROM. When I followed the procedure to flash from stock 1.6 to the leaked 2.1 (/04 build), this didn't happen. I'm using the same tool to do this again (it's the v3.10 dated 10.27.2009 one).

Any help? I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thanks.

Guest mrnismisk
Messaging works OK for me. maybe I just have different expectations.

I have also installed Handcent SMS. It seems to work OK though I'm still seeing duplicate incoming - as on other Eclair ROMs for Liquid.

You haven't forgotten to turn notifications off in the standard sms app?

Guest umair9001
I can't seem to flash this. The Acer Download Tool chokes on it, window disappears, task left running in task manager but remains at 0% processor use. The only real thing it ever did to my Liquid was put it in Airplane mode (had to reboot to fix that).

I'm running on Evil's 1.9 ROM. When I followed the procedure to flash from stock 1.6 to the leaked 2.1 (/04 build), this didn't happen. I'm using the same tool to do this again (it's the v3.10 dated 10.27.2009 one).

Any help? I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thanks.

Do a complete wipe from recovery and try..

Guest Ultimate Chicken
Do a complete wipe from recovery and try..

....nope, no dice. Factory reset, Dalvik wiped from recovery, and the Download Tool still does this.

The log file goes like:

//=======================================================//

//================== Debug Log Start!! ==================//

[info] : Program version is : ACER Download Tool [intra][single] v3.100 (2009.10.27)

[info] : Merged file is : H:\A1_DL_Tool\Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1.bin

[info] : Port for Backup is : COM16

-----------------------------------------------------------

---------------- [info] : Backup Start !! -----------------

[backup] : Pass IsPhoneConnected()

[backup] : Pass UnLockSpc()

[backup] : Pass EnterIntoOfflineDigital()

[backup] : In BackupNvItemProcess()

...and 10 minutes later, nothing happens.

Guest umair9001
....nope, no dice. Factory reset, Dalvik wiped from recovery, and the Download Tool still does this.

The log file goes like:

//================== Debug Log Start!! ==================//

[info] : Program version is : ACER Download Tool [intra][single] v3.100 (2009.10.27)

[info] : Merged file is : H:\A1_DL_Tool\Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1.bin

[info] : Port for Backup is : COM16

---------------- [info] : Backup Start !! -----------------

[backup] : Pass IsPhoneConnected()

[backup] : Pass UnLockSpc()

[backup] : Pass EnterIntoOfflineDigital()

[backup] : In BackupNvItemProcess()

...and 10 minutes later, nothing happens.

Is it only for this BIN file??? 008.06?

Try redownloading the bin file again otherwise trying with another cable..

Guest Ultimate Chicken

yep, apparently it's only with this bin, and changed cables.

Redownloaded the bin (helpfully provided in Evil's thread). No dice.

I'll see if I can get that file from somewhere else.

Edit: This:

www mediafire com/?eityv5dynnn

was the only place to get the rom. And that's where I got it from... 3 times and counting.

Edited by Ultimate Chicken

Guest apoile

I have a GPS problem, it's not very precise (copilot and google map). I think the problem is in the management of the compass,.

Edited by apoile

Guest umair9001
yep, apparently it's only with this bin, and changed cables.

Redownloaded the bin (helpfully provided in Evil's thread). No dice.

I'll see if I can get that file from somewhere else.

Edit: This:

www mediafire com/?eityv5dynnn

was the only place to get the rom. And that's where I got it from... 3 times and counting.

U sure you got the USB Drivers installed??

Guest Ultimate Chicken

1. If I didn't, then how could I possibly have Evil's ROM in my unit?

2. Also, I removed/reinstalled.

Still not quite sure what's wrong.

Guest umair9001
1. If I didn't, then how could I possibly have Evil's ROM in my unit?

2. Also, I removed/reinstalled.

Still not quite sure what's wrong.

M not speaking about the SDCard drivers, theres a different set of drivers provided by acer. Set your unit to debug mode and connect it to your PC n check.

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Um, to install Evil's ROM in the first place I had to update to the leaked 04 build. That required the USB drivers. I know you're not talking about the SD one.

The only drivers I've found is in a zip file, Liquid_USB_Drivers.zip. It's the one with 2 folders, X64 and X86 (I used the latter because it's WinXP 32bit I'm on). And inside that X86 was a setup.bin and an Acer Liquid Tool setup. And that's it.

If there's any other file I'm not familiar with please direct me to it. As I recall even the community ROM flashing procedure says that's all I need.

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Because when I last reformatted my PC a year ago, my main drive somehow ended up as H:.

This didn't give me any issues with the 04 leak. I'm only getting this crap now when I'm trying to use this one.

Edit:

C:\, eh? That gives me an idea.

"Pulls out thumb drive*

*remounts thumb drive as C:*

*copies Tool Directory to thumb drive*

*runs Tool and updates*

....hey... it works!

Ok, I'm less annoyed right now. Thanks, guys.

Edited by Ultimate Chicken

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Ok, I've gone and used it for half a day. Is it just me, or is the reception improved* on this one? I get "more bars" in wifi and GSM. In the previous ROMs (including 1.6!), I'd get only 3 bars right next to the home wifi router. Now I'm getting full strength (as it should rightfully be).

*I hope it isn't just a cosmetic display thing, like what Nokia was once notorious for.

Guest Borkata
Because when I last reformatted my PC a year ago, my main drive somehow ended up as H:.

This didn't give me any issues with the 04 leak. I'm only getting this crap now when I'm trying to use this one.

Edit:

C:\, eh? That gives me an idea.

"Pulls out thumb drive*

*remounts thumb drive as C:*

*copies Tool Directory to thumb drive*

*runs Tool and updates*

....hey... it works!

Ok, I'm less annoyed right now. Thanks, guys.

Stupid Acer should kill their .NET programmer that has written their flash tool :P

Glad you have managed to solve your problem.

Guest Leon.786
adb remount

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media

:P

Hey thnx..I successfully got done with the SDk stuff the cmd window thing and stuff till i get the number of my phone device..However now when i put the command adb remount it shows an error, ' remount failed : Operation not permitted'..Wot to do now..!?!?

awaiting reply

Regardz