HTC Desire root update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest quicksite

(ooops, the very day I post asking if there's any new progress, you have just posted you've returned... hope you're refreshed and up for the challenge )

Edited by quicksite

Guest Fruchtzwerg

What a great messages. :huh:

Can I hope that the root runs on the O² Desire. It has a newer Bootloader as the T-Mobile Desire.

Guest Kushan
Since when was there a way to gyrate lovingly??! :P

WB Paul, and congratz on the rooting

Since always! Come on over some day and I'll show you :huh:

Guest Need_A_Username
So this guy Paul.. he's pretty good huh? :huh:

I wouldn't say pretty good, more like "the best" :P :blink:

Great job Paul! Once I get my Desire I'll be able to root it from the first second :o

Guest ratcom

rang Vodafone up this morning to order a nexus one but told I'd have to wait until friday as I could not pre-order over the phone......... however I will be ordering the desire now I think :huh:

Guest QahtaniMan

Great job Paul, and thanks to whoever helped him achieve #! Much appreciated!! HTC should be thanking you for increased sales of the HTC Desire, and because they'll be getting my money now. :huh:

Guest StuMcBill
What a great messages. :huh:

Can I hope that the root runs on the O² Desire. It has a newer Bootloader as the T-Mobile Desire.

Since when? Do you have any proof of this?

Guest EmilLassen

Congratulations! this is really nice and since its my first Android phone, Paul just made it 100% sure that it will be a epic experience! :huh:

Please indulge a newbee...

1. Can someone point me to the procedure for the root AND,

2. Do you know if it's possible to do a ROM upgrade to HTC Desire so it will work on the AT&T 3G network in the US? I have the phone, with AT&T SIM card. Technical support in HTC told me it’s possible but they are not sure if HTC engineering is working on that ROM.

Guidance please.

Guest Fruchtzwerg
Since when? Do you have any proof of this?

GoldCard does not work @ the O² Desire (with all my 4 SD-Card comes the same request 'Error[140]: Bootloader version error'. This should be due to the new bootloader.

O² ROM Version is the Build 1.17.207.3 and the Baseband Version is 32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2

Edited by Fruchtzwerg

Guest StuMcBill
GoldCard does not work @ the O² Desire (with all my 4 SD-Card comes the same request 'Error[140]: Bootloader version error'. This should be due to the new bootloader.

O² ROM Version is the Build 1.17.207.3 and the Baseband Version is 32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2

Where did you get this O2 phone, as O2-UK haven't released the Desire yet?

I would imagine that the root method wouldn't be going through any official bootloader methods?

I would be very interested to see if the root works on your phone?