6.5 lock screen How carry out a completely bright degree

Guest qoomartin

6.5 lock screen

How carry out a completely bright degree

The WM6.5 targets bottoms in the sun the bright degree isn't enough.

Excuse me my English badly!Please help!

Guest kdkinc
6.5 lock screen

Are you asking how to brighten lock screen ?

Its to dim in the sun?

:P :(

Guest dgmorland
6.5 lock screen

If you are asking how to enable full brightness with the standard winmo 6.5 lockscreen ...

Many people have posted the same question but there has been no solution to this other than to enable a password lock. If you enable the password option the lockscreen appears in full brightness.

You might want to use S2U2 instead - the lockscreen is full brightness without password and it uses less memory than the standard WinMo lockscreen

Guest qoomartin
If you are asking how to enable full brightness with the standard winmo 6.5 lockscreen ...

Many people have posted the same question but there has been no solution to this other than to enable a password lock. If you enable the password option the lockscreen appears in full brightness.

You might want to use S2U2 instead - the lockscreen is full brightness without password and it uses less memory than the standard WinMo lockscreen

Have no any method can modify

Does the original factory screen of WM6.5 lock

Let the lock become bright

The method that you provide I once tried!

I don't want to use S2 U2, more don't want to set combination lock!

The troublesome God helps me! Thank!

Guest msra6la2
Have no any method can modify

Does the original factory screen of WM6.5 lock

Let the lock become bright

The method that you provide I once tried!

I don't want to use S2 U2, more don't want to set combination lock!

you write like Master Yoda :P

Try S2U2 with Samsung WM6.1 lockscreen modification, it eats about 4mb of RAM (3mb without the mod) which is 5 mb less than what WM6.5 default lockscreen eats. It also allows your phone to run on full brightness when it is locked.

to avoid "combination lock" (you mean double lock?), you just simply have to disable WM default lockscreen in Samsung Settings

Guest jezze boi
you write like Master Yoda :P

Try S2U2 with Samsung WM6.1 lockscreen modification, it eats about 4mb of RAM (3mb without the mod) which is 5 mb less than what WM6.5 default lockscreen eats. It also allows your phone to run on full brightness when it is locked.

to avoid "combination lock" (you mean double lock?), you just simply have to disable WM default lockscreen in Samsung Settings

4MB of RAM with S2U2?

hmm... I'm using 2.30 and it uses .01MB of RAM

(before locking it would show "Free: 80.72 MB", when i lock then unlock, it goes to 80.71 then back to 80.72)

looks awesome with AMOLED screen XD

Guest msra6la2
4MB of RAM with S2U2?

(before locking it would show "Free: 80.72 MB", when i lock then unlock, it goes to 80.71 then back to 80.72)

if you add Lockscreen mod it adds another 4mb of RAM, I use the latest Samsung Stock ROM (JC2) and I have 66mb free RAM at start-up (without activating the lockscreen at start-up, I do it manually). And after I turn it on I have 62mb of RAM left.

PS. I use S2U2 v2.33

there's not a cat in hell chance that S2U2 uses 0.01mb, to install the programme you need more than 2mb of ROM memory and once you run it, it should take up more or less the same, if not more RAM memory than it takes up ROM memory. In fact, the most RAM friendly lockscreen that's available right now is touch lock pro and even that takes up 0.4mb of RAM. So either you're lying or you have got S2U2 running at start-up (which means it's already used up RAM memory before you even see the lockscreen)

Edited by msra6la2

Guest kdkinc
if you add Lockscreen mod it adds another 4mb of RAM, I use the latest Samsung Stock ROM (JC2) and I have 66mb free RAM at start-up (without activating the lockscreen at start-up, I do it manually). And after I turn it on I have 62mb of RAM left.

PS. I use S2U2 v2.33

there's not a cat in hell chance that S2U2 uses 0.01mb, to install the programme you need more than 2mb of ROM memory and once you run it, it should take up more or less the same, if not more RAM memory than it takes up ROM memory. In fact, the most RAM friendly lockscreen that's available right now is touch lock pro and even that takes up 0.4mb of RAM. So either you're lying or you have got S2U2 running at start-up (which means it's already used up RAM memory before you even see the lockscreen)

"lying" a little harsh :(

Maybe miss spoke ??? :P

:( B)

Guest darkworldzz

yea.. the default lockscreen is 'bugged' i don't think there is anyway to fix the lighting on the lockscreen...

but as mentioned above you can try to use s2u2 which is a good free alternative, or try the 6.1 lockscreen etc..

Guest Crezymunky

The name of this thread should have been changed to:

Just awesome. Yoda does indeed live.

Guest dwallersv
4MB of RAM with S2U2?

All you're measuring there is the delta between when the screen is locked, and when it's not, probably assuming S2U2 is only running when the screen is locked.

S2U2 uses two processes: iLock2.exe, and S2U2.exe. So the memory footprint is the working set from these two combined. However, iLock2 is tiny (14kB), and doesn't grow, so it can basically be ignored. The pig is S2U2, which varies in size depending on the size of the wallpaper files you're using.

With no wallpaper, S2U2 takes around 2.5MB. With a typical full-resolution jpg wallpaper for both portrait and landscape, it runs 3-3.5MB. With a really cool fancy animated GIF, it can easily swallow 11-13MB.

Now, the chief point here is that both processes stay resident, holding on to that RAM making it unavailable permanently (unless you shut down S2U2). You can save this RAM by manually killing S2U2.exe each time you unlock (leave iLock2 running, or the locking screen locking functionality of S2U2 won't work!). The price paid is a delay when you try and lock the screen, while iLock2 starts S2U2 up again. Or, this could all be automated with a Mortscript.

However, it seems like a waste of time to save a few MB.

Guest msra6la2
All you're measuring there is the delta between when the screen is locked, and when it's not, probably assuming S2U2 is only running when the screen is locked.

S2U2 uses two processes: iLock2.exe, and S2U2.exe. So the memory footprint is the working set from these two combined. However, iLock2 is tiny (14kB), and doesn't grow, so it can basically be ignored. The pig is S2U2, which varies in size depending on the size of the wallpaper files you're using.

With no wallpaper, S2U2 takes around 2.5MB. With a typical full-resolution jpg wallpaper for both portrait and landscape, it runs 3-3.5MB. With a really cool fancy animated GIF, it can easily swallow 11-13MB.

Now, the chief point here is that both processes stay resident, holding on to that RAM making it unavailable permanently (unless you shut down S2U2). You can save this RAM by manually killing S2U2.exe each time you unlock (leave iLock2 running, or the locking screen locking functionality of S2U2 won't work!). The price paid is a delay when you try and lock the screen, while iLock2 starts S2U2 up again. Or, this could all be automated with a Mortscript.

However, it seems like a waste of time to save a few MB.

Mine eats 1.32mb~4mb (when I flashed HZHJC2, the initial start-up free RAM I got was 68mb, after I installed orientation settings start-up free RAM went down to 66mb, after I installed S2U2 with samsung lockscreen - becos I couldn't stand the sluggishness of WM default lockscreen and becos I wanted my favourite part of WM6.1 Touchwiz 2.0 UI back - start-up free RAM had stayed at 62mb ever since until bout 2 nights ago when I deleted ilock2.ink from the start-up/windows folder, now I get 65.2~65.8mb of free RAM at start-up).

That's why when I read his comment I was like "what? This can't be true!".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest setiyana
you write like Master Yoda :(

how to disable it.. I've search in the setting but still can't find how to disable it... the worse case accidentally when I switch on the phone

1. I have to slide to open

2. then enter the password to open the phone... :-(

cheers,