i908 ZUIF2 vs. XBIJ1 JN Foundation ROM's

Guest jo-the-ripper

Guest Pumpaa

Hey guys.

I just flashed "i908 ZUIF2 Vs. XBIJ1 WM 6.5.X build 23563 Manila2D V2 Spirito Maligno 25.04.10" to my i900.

After I used it for several days, I found that when I pressed the "call logs" button on the main screen, it started the camera instead of going to call logs.

I figure I might set up something wrong by mistake, and I don't know where I did wrong, so I just hard reset the phone. It worked fine after that.

But after several hours, the "call logs" button starts to bring me to the camera again now... This time I am sure I didn't touch any set up about those buttons...

Anyone had the similar situations? Can someone tell me how to fix it?

THanks!!

Edited by Pumpaa

Guest andrew.mazlim
dude accu weather doesnt work for turkey locations how can we fix it ? (says invalid )

Thanks ...

Impossible, Turkish lad. You may have an internet/connection issue. (I had some times ago, too). Just connect your phone with cable to PC, run the ActiveSyc and when all is done (and running right), make your update. Btw, where are you living, in Istanbul? When I was there 5 months ago, I connected to internet with a laptop (hotel owner's laptop) and I updated the weather in 5 secs.

Guest VitorBart

Hey there, pretty nice work JN Foundation!

I'm pretty lost here but I'm sure these are silly questions, though.

1) Everytime I try to change one of the Favorite Apps icon, I get a total crash. It says, and I quote:

ERROR

An unexpected error has occurred in jApps.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device. Please install 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab' for Windows Mobile 5.0 and above or 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab' for other platforms. Restart the application to see the message

Well. After googling around I came accross the CAB file mentioned at http://rs992.rapidshare.com/files/38933159...sages.EN.wm.cab

Once it's installed, the error message turned to be a simple mistake regarding the icon path. No matter where you place the icon or set the phone to look for it, the ROM always looks for it at \My Storage\Program Files\jntools\apps\My Storage. Once I left the icon there everything went pretty well!

2) How do I add system functions/settings to the favorite apps tab? It's a LONG WAY through a lot for icons if I simply need to turn Wifi off for example. How can we bring the Wireless Manger, for instance, right to the favorite apps tab?

Thanks a LOT for your work, it's really amazing!

Edited by VitorBart

Guest jovigom

Hello.

Thanks for this excelent rom.

I've a problem....I can't change mp3 ringtone for incoming phone call locate in My storage\My documents\My ringtones

Edited by jovigom

Guest VitorBart

Well, I'm still working on it and found a new bug with iGO. With this ROM any of the TTS speech voices (those that actually say the road/street name) seem to work with my phone, I'm still trying to figure out why, LOL. Seems to me it's a skin related problem, WILD.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jovigom
I think, this topic is dead for weeks/months by now.

Do you mean that there won´t be new roms and support?

Another question.....Do you know how I can change the apps for the M2Dtp?

Edited by jovigom

Guest jovigom

I've fix the problem with keyboard on new SMS with the program Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3.

I've only change to enabled the "Auto deploy SIP" option in keyboard.

Guest andrew.mazlim
I've fix the problem with keyboard on new SMS with the program Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3.

I've only change to enabled the "Auto deploy SIP" option in keyboard.

Yap, this topic is over long time ago - since "Obi-One" (K.Radd) released these AMAZING roms. Unfortunatelly, he's German and he's working roms only in German language, now...

Generally, about your input problem, I ALSO faced (always) a "freezing" problem with my favorite input, SPB keyboard - when I was trying to set the Options, the phone was "freezed".

I solved it (well, Laurie helped me! Thxs, mate.), by installing it via .exe file and not cab!!!

Guest putzschke

Hi,

I just updated my i900 with your "i908 ZUIF2 Vs. XBIJ1 WM 6.5.X build 23563 Neo Titanium Le Diable" rom. Fantastic work! However, I have one question that I can not find answered anywhere. I am living in China getting frequent messages in Chinese and need to reply in Chinese at times. Your rom doesn't support Chinese and all characters are displayed as unreadable symbols (similar to Chinese but not quite yet).

Is there any language cab file that can be loaded into the phone to activate Chinese language support displaying Chinese characters and allowing Chinese keyboard entries (through Pinying method)?

Thanks for your help. :P

Guest putzschke

Hi,

I just updated my i900 with your "i908 ZUIF2 Vs. XBIJ1 WM 6.5.X build 23563 Neo Titanium Le Diable" rom. Fantastic work! However, I have one question that I can not find answered anywhere. I am living in China getting frequent messages in Chinese and need to reply in Chinese at times. Your rom doesn't support Chinese and all characters are displayed as unreadable symbols (similar to Chinese but not quite yet).

Is there any language cab file that can be loaded into the phone to activate Chinese language support displaying Chinese characters and allowing Chinese keyboard entries (through Pinying method)?

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi,

Check Khuanchai & Sector's topics (search here, in the forum) and you'll find a cab for Chinese input support.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scorpy2010

I NEEEDDD HEEELP!!!!!

Hello, yesterday after a year of thinking about flashing my omnia I900L, I chose the 908 ZUIF2 Vs. XBIJ1 WM 6.5.X build 23563 Spiritu Maligno ROM, my problem is that Garmin does not detect my GPS, and it always says "GPS Intermediate Driver". I installed the GPS Standard Cab. I can do :lol: ? Thanx in advance!!!!!!!!

Guest andrew.mazlim
I NEEEDDD HEEELP!!!!!

Hello, yesterday after a year of thinking about flashing my omnia I900L, I chose the 908 ZUIF2 Vs. XBIJ1 WM 6.5.X build 23563 Spiritu Maligno ROM, my problem is that Garmin does not detect my GPS, and it always says "GPS Intermediate Driver". I installed the GPS Standard Cab. I can do :lol: ? Thanx in advance!!!!!!!!

Try the other one (Carbo); never had problem with that rom.

Guest scorpy2010
Try the other one (Carbo); never had problem with that rom.

No I do not want to change my rom, I like the Spiritu Maligno, I want a tutorial or a checklist to check the settings GPS on my omnia. Thanks in advance

Guest andrew.mazlim
No I do not want to change my rom, I like the Spiritu Maligno, I want a tutorial or a checklist to check the settings GPS on my omnia. Thanks in advance

Emm... it's EXACTLY the same rom!!!! Only the THEME is different!... Maligno made by the other cheff & Carbon by Krazy Radd - a MYTH, very old cheff in WinMos!

Guest scorpy2010
Emm... it's EXACTLY the same rom!!!! Only the THEME is different!... Maligno made by the other cheff & Carbon by Krazy Radd - a MYTH, very old cheff in WinMos!

I do not understand ??????? if roms are the same because you think should work carbonyx

Guest andrew.mazlim
I do not understand ??????? if roms are the same because you think should work carbonyx

Well... These TWO cheffs, are working TOGETHER, making IDENTICAL roms (with different themes, buttons, icons, wallpapers, sounds) and the ONLY difference between them (except the visual part), is some tiny personal settings!

Also, the maker of "G-Carbon", as I told you, is one of the LAST GREATEST "good-old" cheffs, very-very popular and famous (Krazy Radd); the other cheff (who made the rom you're using), never heard him before - but of course, he SHOULD be good, to working together with the GREAT Krazy Radd.

Now... It's YOUR CHOICE! I said what I had to say...

Also, THIS topic here is "DEAD" for quite long time, by now - because these two cheffs are GERMANS, they done these few ENGLISH roms and... turned back to their own German site and making their GERMAN roms!!! I spoke some times with Krazy Radd and he doesn't know if he ever work again with these ones here or if he'll make new ENGLISH roms!

Got now the "whole picture"?

So, do what you like...

Edited by andrew.mazlim