i908 ZUIF2 vs. XBIJ1 JN Foundation ROM's

Guest jo-the-ripper

Guest mobilefox
hi, after 3 days of perfect working, today I got the same problem described up.. someone can help please? ^^

Hi,

Same here.

Tested both the rom's,after some time(probably a day or so) the M2D starts hanging, then keyboard does not work and slowly messaging...

Tried giving many soft reset but did not helped.

Went back to Nick' personal 23549 now.

Guest Araya84
Hi,

Same here.

Tested both the rom's,after some time(probably a day or so) the M2D starts hanging, then keyboard does not work and slowly messaging...

Tried giving many soft reset but did not helped.

Went back to Nick' personal 23549 now.

hi, yes exactly the same, it's a pity because programs and the graphics are wonderful..

Guest ebsbow

Not happy..;)

Wierd things are happening with this rom.

I have no button controle anymore, menu doesn't show, gprs keeps asking for an connection. What for?

Showview doesn't run when holding start...

Damn, I think I will need to flash it again..?

Is anyone else having these problems yet. These started after just a couple of day's.

What's going on.

In other words I have no controle over my device. Well thats just great..I need my device today!

Guest mobilefox
Not happy..;)

Wierd things are happening with this rom.

I have no button controle anymore, menu doesn't show, gprs keeps asking for an connection. What for?

Showview doesn't run when holding start...

Damn, I think I will need to flash it again..?

Is anyone else having these problems yet. These started after just a couple of day's.

What's going on.

In other words I have no controle over my device. Well thats just great..I need my device today!

Hi Ebsbow,

Read few post before and we are all having same problem, the ROM starts behaving weird after some time(like a day or so)

I have posted the same question in his German rom forum,lets see now...

Pity as the features are too good...

Guest ebsbow

Well I gotten my windows menu back and call button.

Finger mouse is working now. That's new. Never used this before, never worked before.

Middle button( only finger mouse now), cam volume and upper menu button still don't work.

Guest TFreire

I'm using this ROM since 7 Apr and I didn't had any trouble yet!

I couldn't understand why it happens with you.

The only thing that I did was changing the phone part, I had PUJA1 and changed it to ZHIE1.

As I said, till now, no problems...

Guest mobilefox
I'm using this ROM since 7 Apr and I didn't had any trouble yet!

I couldn't understand why it happens with you.

The only thing that I did was changing the phone part, I had PUJA1 and changed it to ZHIE1.

As I said, till now, no problems...

Hey,

Even I flashed the phone part to ZHIE1 prior to flashing the phone.

To my bad, everything is stuck. did not even had a chance to do hard reboot.

Guest ebsbow

Welcome to the wonderfull world of computing ;)

It is an fact that strange things happen.

Mind you, that I did have to flash my device twiece with this rom before it worked correctly.

Never had to do that before with other flashes(..)

I did however install PointUI, but this should not make any difference if the rom is working correctly.

( I am using PointUI for many years now) Also it worked before..

Beyond that I have not installed anything else!

So, why do my buttons not function anymore. And why is the fingermouse working all of a sudden? Didn't work before..in any rom ;)

Sadly I don't have the time to digg out these problems now. Though anything found will be shared.

My device is the i900( naturally) i908 isn't that different, right?

Guest TFreire

Yes, stange world of computing ;) it's a little bit annoying when you create an aplication, it works properly in your machine and when you put it on another with the same specs it doesn't work...

I flashed twice also, I flashed once, then flashed the phone part, made an hard reset, then flashed again...

And again, as I said before, everything is working fine... I'm just unable to make video calls, but i think that no one can do it with this ROM right? ;)

Guest ebsbow

Well, it doesn't work right here. Apparently not the only one with the complaint.

And now my keyboard doesn't work needer.

That means, no sms replays today. Big bummer..

Video calls is an other big nono. We use it here..normaly ;)

I'll try an other flash/try after work. Fingers crossed xO)

edit;

maybe an soft reset first

edit2;

All is well after the reset. Hopefully it will hold out ;)

Edited by ebsbow

Guest andrew.mazlim

Great (lookin') roms, indeed.

I just flashed the "Spirito Maligno 080410US". Can you help me in a couple of things? Here:

a) I want to replace with something darker (glossy), the white PIM dialer in the start.

b ) I want the total black skin for the Full Samsung Volume Controll.

c) I need a transparent (glass?) HTC clock or a negative one, with black numering and lighter pannel - because I have an interesting wallpaper and I don't want all these pannels to covering it.

d) Is there any possibility for KINETIC MOVEMENT in the FileExplorer or everywhere else (like older builds had)?

e) Did the sefs "cooked" in their roms M2DCustomizer, for easily customizing my M2D?

f) I've seen you "cooked" the M2DTP in your roms. So, can I use it (by choosing it in the Today>Item screen)? Or should I have to run it and make my settings?

g) I want to remove the hour from every screen on the top taskbar. How?

h) I need a task manager (with large pannel) in the right top corner, to easily closing the apps by pressing the small button (and by pressing the "X"). How?

By the way... These icons are SOOO BEAUTIFUL! How can I find similar icons for the other apps I'm instaling? Let's say, Resco Explorer?

Regards and thxs for every answer.

(Absolutely amazing looking roms! Most beautiful, I never seen around.)

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest andrew.mazlim

Dear "Krazy Radd" (by the way, Shokka9 was talking for months for these amazing roms of yours), HOW can I add other languages in the LG keyboard???

EDIT:

I didn't find a way to "install" more languages to LG. Also, I'd try to install SPB keyboard and use that, but when I pressed the "Settings" button in the Settings>Personal>Input, the phone "freezed".

About the Kinetic movement, is it true that feature is ONLY on COM2/3s builds (so, not available for this one)?

I'd install a HTC X-button, seams okay, but I don't see it on right top corner, in M2D's Home screen. Is it normal?

By the way... Even with all these apps "pre-cooked", the rom's looking prety much fast 'n stable! Bravo

And I can't say how much I love this fine M2D skin and that image in the Weather page's background! About that clever landscape-scrolling "new Start launcher" and the amazing glossy icons... no comment!!!!!!!

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest JAYANG72

thanks to ZUIF2, very nice ROM. I'am facing a problem everytime go to write message the keyboard button did'nt turn out.

i have to press the menu button and release then only the keyboard button will appear. How to solve this problem? Thank You!!!

Guest andrew.mazlim

Please, our German sef... Give us some help here; I'll hate to flash another rom, because in yours I found the most beutiful and stable 6.5.x one!

Guest andrew.mazlim
thanks to ZUIF2, very nice ROM. I'am facing a problem everytime go to write message the keyboard button did'nt turn out.

i have to press the menu button and release then only the keyboard button will appear. How to solve this problem? Thank You!!!

Didn't use it yet, because I hate the "official" inputs. I'm using FingerFriendy, but most of all... SPB keyboard.

That's way I wrote to Radd above, I'm facing (again!) the very same problem with all new builds; since I'm trying to press the "Settings" button in the "Input" screen, the phone's "freezed".

It's pain in the *rse, not be able to use SPB keyboard...

Guest NarutoDKz

Wow.

It's been a long time since that I have tried another than Ock's roms.

I just flashed and so far this is the most beatiful rom I have EVER tried. (It also have a Epic boot)

So thanks for making this Jo and Norrin.

-Naruto

(By the way, is there a way to get another language for lg keyboard?)

Edited by NarutoDKz

Guest andrew.mazlim

Yes, +1 from me too. Most beautiful roms around (and stable/fast too)!

About the second language, I had the same question above. My girfriend's, I mean (she's not english).

same here

Guest vaporjet

been running this ROM for the past week or so and have noticed that in 'Messaging', most of my text messages have the MMS icon (when they are actually SMS). also, when I receive a text message, I don't get any notification except for the screen turning on (no vibration, no tone).

i have my ring and system volume at 100%, have set the notification for new MMS and new SMS to vibrate and play alarm-3

thanks for any insight anyone can provide into this weird issue

Edited by vaporjet

Guest pharao010

hello chef

nice eye candy, and some good appz.

but hard buttons stop working, no incoming calls notice same with sms and mms, no keybord input when in i.e. or skyfire.

touch seems to react but programs/links won`t open when touched. programs freeze and stop. and some more small issues

haven`t seen the chefs on this topic for a while, i think they are coocking some bugs ......

really want these roms to work......

Guest waldir

I have been following all the feedbacks in this thread and I am really surprised in not seeing responses (or new cabs, releases) from the cookers so far.

I do not want to offend anyone, but I prefer a more stable ROM than just a visually beautiful one. I thought this thread (as in other cookers´s) could help the cookers to improve their ROMs.

I will check this post again along the weekend. If no answer comes, I will get to OCK´s (among others) who has responded to all my questions and feedbacks.

Here it is my feedback to your ROM: Most critical bugs to me are:

1) Redial Issues

If I am in a call and it drops, I can not redial using the hard call buttom or even an icon on the screen. I have to go to the call history and dial from there. It takes me more 2-3 steps do call my friends. Cabs, fixes or help you can provide?

2) Second Language in the Keyboard

Many colleagues have already explained how important it is for us. In my case I appreciate if you could point where should I put files (Portuguese-BR) XT9 and if they would work with this keyboard. So far, the way I have "fixed" it is to use the resco keyboard

3) Not Stable

I loaded and executed that cab to use the GPS port standards. It worked, but in the case of iGo in some cases weird things are happening such as:

The application enter in "hidden execution" mode and the screen goes to the Today screen. I have to "re-start" iGo to solve it. It get worst when I receive calls. I get a "mixed" screen (parts of the call, iGo, today´s screen) and I have to go to the task manager and close all apps.

4) Battery

I did a "work around" using a cab that I found in one of the threads http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=47597

So far your ROM is working better than the original settings.

5) General issues

I have addressed other general issues using the SDKTools5 application and "optmizing" it in (Stability Mode). I do not know which settings has been changed, but I can tell you that the number of issues/bugs has been reduced.

------------ Conclusion:

Yes, this ROM has visuals and it is organized in a way that makes us to continue using it, HOWEVER, the lack of answers/responses in this thread from the cookers make me think about go somewhere else to provide feedback and interact with who are really interested in getting and applying our feedbacks

Again, no ofenses. Just a feedback about what is really "hurting" this great ROM is the absence of effective responses from the cookers who we expect will get back to us and understand/address our comments. Thanks for understanding!!!

------------ Conclusion:

Yes, this ROM has visuals and it is organized in a way that makes us to continue using it, HOWEVER, the lack of answers/responses in this thread from the cookers make me think about go somewhere else to provide feedback and interact with who are really interested in getting and applying our feedbacks

Again, no ofenses. Just a feedback about what is really "hurting" this great ROM is the absence of effective responses from the cookers who we expect will get back to us and understand/address our comments. Thanks for understanding!!!

I've tested jo-the-ripper's rom and have to say it's fantastic for a "first" release. A very unique experience you won't find in any other roms.

My first releases were filled with bugs too. It is indeed difficult to cook a zuif-based rom as it is originally a Chinese rom, so lots of effort must have gone into these roms to make it work.

Maybe that's why they are taking a short break for the time being? ;)

Guest andrew.mazlim

These are "jo-the-ripper" roms or "K.Radd", dear OCK?

If they are Radd's, Radd is an experienced shef.

Anyway, like the above user wrote, we really like to see these amazing (looking) roms to be stable; the shefs must take a look to our (many) feedbacks we gave.

Cheers.