[ROM]Ninja4hire *NinjaToday* (DG21) v6.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire

So everything from my Black vs. Blue rom is on this rom (Yes even Titanium), except I added the Main Menu and Today Homescreen.

If you are coming from my other rom, please still read the Special Notes and Current Issues.

today_21914-65.png

I made a few clock options. You will need to turn off Samsung Today, copy the "DefaultPlugInsRC.dll" into your \windows folder, then turn back on Samsung Today.

1post-327098-1271182261_thumb.png2post-327098-1271182268_thumb.png

3post-327098-1271184307_thumb.png

Special Notes

Please update your phone with the latest Samsung DG21 update before flashing this rom.

After you flash and XDA_UC has installed fully, I would probably soft reset the phone for good measure. This will make sure all installed programs are fully installed.

To use XDA_UC

Before you flash my rom, make a folder on your "Storage Card" called XDA_UC. Make a folder in that folder called SD. Whatever you want installed to main memory will go in XDA_UC folder. If you want to choose the install location, use the SD folder. Should be working 100%, but let me know if you have any issues.

Today and Main Menu

The Main Menu is on by default and also linked to the cube button. If you turn off "Touchwiz" it will return to the Windows start menu.

The Today homescreen's built in Google search widget will work, but you need to install Opera 10 to your \My Storage folder.

Current Issues:

*The Today home screen is a little touchy at times. Also the "Settings" do no always light up or work.

* jInbox is currently cooked (but not default). I only cooked it in so the sms icon works for Today.

Please let me know if you have any issues or if you want something in/out of the rom

Version 6.5m

After a soft rest

Storage: 223mb

Program: Around 89mb

Whats New?

UPDATE v6.5m

Updated to DG21

UPDATE v6.0m

Build is 21914

Doomsday Edition

UPDATE v5.0m

Build is 21909

Added jInbox so the SMS icon works for Samsung Today

Removed "Fully Charged" pop up message that does not go away

Added Office 2010

Changed a few start menu icons.

Removed "Search Phone" and replaced it with "Samsung Smart Search". (was always on the phone, but never made it to the start menu)

Added DB_TPlayer

Updated Touch Player with i8000 version

Added AMD's SecDialer favorites fix

Updated SDK to v2.2

UPDATE v4.0m

Build is 21907

Fixed broken pictures icon on today screen

UPDATE v3.0m

Build is 21905

NinjaBlue Theme now has white text when highlighted making it easier to read

Added Office 2010

Removed "Search Phone" and replaced it with "Samsung Smart Search". (was always on the phone, but never made it to the start menu)

UPDATE v2.3m

Build is 21903

Changed a few start menu icons.

removed back-end mortscript for proper titanium fix (AMD again with the save)

Added FMRadio startmenu link back in (don't know how it got removed)

UPDATE v2.1m

Build is 21901

PDA is now DC23 - 21889

Changed Toolbar & Large Indicator icons to more realistic

Added Sparta Startap - actually been installed for a while

v2.1 reason - forgot to add RSS reader

Removed (what I can remember)

All Verizon bloatware

Samsung MainMenu (original), Cube, Task Switcher, File Manager, Touchwiz homescreens

Solitaire and Bubble game

Opera

Bing, Live Search

Facebook

Removed all SPlugins files so now it uses Titanium_480x800.cpr

Various small things that don't affect use.

Samsung Ringtones

Transcriber input

Added

PHM RegEdit

OpenGLESv1

Slide2Shutdown

Advanced Config 3.3

WakeUPOnSMS

XDA_UC

NinjaBlue Theme

Orientation Detection v1

Samsung SDK 2.0 (finally)

Samsung Omnia pro Today Home Screen

Changed

Updated "Microsoft Myphone" to latest version

Updated .Net to CF3.5

Changed Page Pool size to 24mb

Made Windows settings visible in start menu.

Changed Touch Calendar to I8000 JC1 Touch Calendar

Replaced slow Omnia 2 Main Menu with T*OMNIA2 Main Menu

Please see my other roms at XDA

Download

Latest Rom

Ninja4hire_Today_DG21_21914_v6.5m.7z - <4shared>

Acrhive

Ninja4hire_Today_DC23_21914_v6.0m.7z - <4shared>

Hot Fixes and Useful Stuff

If you want to change the background or any icons, you will need to know how to edit .dll files. This link should show you how. http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1174261

For Background Edit: TodayContainerRC.dll

For Icons Edit: DefaultPlugInsRC.dll

NinjaToday.cab (A cab of my customized Today Homescreen)

Opera_10_Browser_Shortcut.zip(Fixes Today homescreen's Google Search - Copy to \windows folder and install Opera10 to \My Storage)

DefaultPlugInsRC_clock1.zipDefaultPlugInsRC_clock2.zipDefaultPlugInsRC_clock3.zip

---------------

Like it? A simple "Thanks" will do, but feel free to buy me a shuriken if you must. donate.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Shemmy

I'm glad to see this one out! Unfortunately, the file is "temporarily unavailable" at the link. Will you be posting another version of this at XDA? I'm fond of the keyboard.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I'm glad to see this one out! Unfortunately, the file is "temporarily unavailable" at the link. Will you be posting another version of this at XDA? I'm fond of the keyboard.

Yeah I hate when they do that with the links. I will be adding the XDA version probably tomorrow morning.

Guest Shemmy
Yeah I hate when they do that with the links. I will be adding the XDA version probably tomorrow morning.

Thanks! I'm going to hold off on flashing until that one is up :P

Guest kdkinc

Ok I've done this several times...

I can't get Octans to see the Nb0 file.

When i click on past rom Octans will see the Nbo file.

Do I have a bad DL?

I DL this Rom twice same size same issue.

Maybe I'm having a brain freeze, Anyone else having this issue??

:P :(

trying 4shared .

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ok I've done this several times...

I can't get Octans to see the Nb0 file.

When i click on past rom Octans will see the Nbo file.

Do I have a bad DL?

I DL this Rom twice same size same issue.

Maybe I'm having a brain freeze, Anyone else having this issue??

:( :(

trying 4shared .

I can't check it now, but I will when I get home. It could have compressed bad or something. FYI: It should be 194mb uncompressed.

EDIT: I'm Dumb. I changed the last letter to "o" and not Zero "0". Just change that back and it should work :P

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest kdkinc
I can't check it now, but I will when I get home. It could have compressed bad or something. FYI: It should be 194mb uncompressed.

EDIT: I'm Dumb. I changed the last letter to "o" and not Zero "0". Just change that back and it should work :P

LOL :( :(

;) :o

loaded and playing B)

4shared was slow as dialup,went back to Megaload..

THANK YOU

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Ninja4Hire

OK found an issue. The Google search plugin will work, but you have to install Opera 10 to the Main Memory. I will change that tomorrow to work on /My Storage instead.

Opera is like 12mb's.... Can't have that beast installed to main for no reason.

Guest Ninja4Hire
sweet... i'll enjoy this for some time (:

are you planning to make a 6.5.x ROM anytime soon? just curious

No any time real soon... I have some other things I want to work on, plus I have to keep these two roms updated.

Guest jezze boi
OK found an issue. The Google search plugin will work, but you have to install Opera 10 to the Main Memory. I will change that tomorrow to work on /My Storage instead.

Opera is like 12mb's.... Can't have that beast installed to main for no reason.

Will it work if you install it to main memory, then use SK Tools to move it My Storage?

it moves all the necessary files and changes registries and other stuff to keep it functioning correctly

Guest fargot
Will it work if you install it to main memory, then use SK Tools to move it My Storage?

it moves all the necessary files and changes registries and other stuff to keep it functioning correctly

Thanks, this is by far the best rom ive seen. Only problem is it seems like it is cuitting off the data connection, so I tried to switch to wifi and it is still not downloading anything?

Guest Ninja4Hire

It might. The trick to getting the search to work is having a link in the \windows folder called "Opera Browser.lnk" That needs to point to wherever Opera is installed.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Thanks, this is by far the best rom ive seen. Only problem is it seems like it is cuitting off the data connection, so I tried to switch to wifi and it is still not downloading anything?

I haven't noticed that, but the Today plugin seems a bit wonky with the wifi and data. For instance I had wifi on, but when I clicked the search it turned on my data. I tried to open Opera by itself to see if that was the issue, but it connected with wifi fine. I will be doing some playing with it to see if I can find all the bugs.

Guest Ninja4Hire
On a slightly unrelated topic - since there's no actual weather panel for this, which weather program do you use, if any?

Well I was using JML Today Titanium plugin, but I'll probably use Bing again until something better comes along.

Guest Robtao

Ditto. I like the XDA versions, too.

Guest kdkinc
Is the XDA version any different? THanks again>

Where is it on XDA???

I'm most likely in error but I don't think this newest one is posted yet on XDA. Ninja said he would post it this morning.

;) ;)

NOW POSTED

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Shemmy
has anyone else had problems with the today home screen not showing missed calls and texts out any appointments?

There is no missed calls panel, all you should see is a number next to the phone icon on the notifications panel. Appointmens and taks panel only show items for that day - in the case of the tasks panel, an item must have a due date set in order to show.

Keep in mind that this UI was pulled from the Omnia Pro - it is not native to the i8000 or i920, so there are a few things it looks for which aren't present on these devices.