[ROM]Ninja4hire *NinjaToday* (DG21) v6.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
is it me or is the "Today container rc" not behaving after dc23 ?

I can't seem to change the wallpaper on your u/i.

;) ;)

I don't even have that rom installed at the moment. I am actually working on updating both roms with the new dumped samsung stuff. Thought I bricked my phone for a second lol

Guest Ninja4Hire

Ok currently updating my rom, but it's crazy because I'm getting 3 different versions....

Windows Default Settings > System > About

post-327098-1271804197_thumb.png

Samsung Settings "Version" Device

post-327098-1271804204_thumb.png

Samsung Settings "Version" Windows Mobile

post-327098-1271804211_thumb.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest fire3element

This Rom include the new DirectX support that the i8000 got?

Also, is this 6.5.3? I read the first post a couple of times, but did not see any info on that. If not, is there any other roms that have the DirectX support.

Guest Robtao

Also, is this 6.5.3? I read the first post a couple of times, but did not see any info on that. If not, is there any other roms that have the DirectX support.

This is a 6.5 ROM. Best one for me. Fewer issues, works nice, and looks sweet with Ninja's customizations.

Guest Ninja4Hire

DirectX? Have you seen the update on Modaco? The only graphics related thing I have put in this rom is the OpenGL v1.

Guest Ninja4Hire

New build coming <21901> As far as I know it's still 6.5, but I haven't been able to get a bootable rom yet. The first time I tried it went black after the Omnia II startup screen. The second time it just froze on that screen. ;)

Guest kdkinc
New build coming <21901> As far as I know it's still 6.5, but I haven't been able to get a bootable rom yet. The first time I tried it went black after the Omnia II startup screen. The second time it just froze on that screen. :P

i guess you see that as problematic???? ;) :P

;) ;)

:P :P

Thanks for all you do...

Guest slimyspartagus

Hey, I really like this ROM. The only thing i've noticed wrong with it is I can connect to my computer with the usb cable now. I have tried with my laptop and my desktop running windows 7 and vista. Do i need to change some settings or something?

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey, I really like this ROM. The only thing i've noticed wrong with it is I can connect to my computer with the usb cable now. I have tried with my laptop and my desktop running windows 7 and vista. Do i need to change some settings or something?

You should have no problems connecting. I have 7 at home and I connect all the time. Does 7 recognize the phone is connected at all even if it does not sync? Does your phone recognize it is connected by changing icons on the toolbar at the top (charging and/or syncing icons)?

Guest Ninja4Hire
i guess you see that as problematic???? ;) :P

;) ;)

:P :P

Thanks for all you do...

Something in this build release I have may be corrupt. I can't get it to boot successfully at all. I may have to look for another source or even drop down to 21899

Guest kdkinc
You should have no problems connecting. I have 7 at home and I connect all the time. Does 7 recognize the phone is connected at all even if it does not sync? Does your phone recognize it is connected by changing icons on the toolbar at the top (charging and/or syncing icons)?

Just for the fun of it try another usb port...

Lets us know if that did anything ;) ;)

;) :P

Guest slimyspartagus

The phone recognizes the connection with the little arrow symbols at the top, but then it freezes and I have to remove the battery to restart it. The computers(both of them) pick up the phone being plugged in, but they disconnect again about 2-3seconds later. I also tried 2 different usb ports.

Edited by slimyspartagus

Guest Ninja4Hire
The phone recognizes the connection with the little arrow symbols at the top, but then it freezes and I have to remove the battery to restart it. The computers(both of them) pick up the phone being plugged in, but they disconnect again about 2-3seconds later. I also tried 2 different usb ports.

Have you installed anything samsung related when you first flashed the phone? Well I guess that wouldn't be a problem since it is happening on two separate computers. You may want to try a hard reset to clean the phone and then a soft reset to make sure everything is installed 100%.

Guest kdkinc

Guessing now..

Is your wmdc setup correctly???

Take out your sd card and try..

What was the last program you installed was it working properly b4 then ???

;) ;)

Guest Robtao
Ok currently updating my rom, but it's crazy because I'm getting 3 different versions....

Windows Default Settings > System > About

post-327098-1271804197_thumb.png

Samsung Settings "Version" Device

post-327098-1271804204_thumb.png

Samsung Settings "Version" Windows Mobile

post-327098-1271804211_thumb.png

Saw this on Samsungs site, and wanted to compare:

After completion of the DC23 upgrade, please verify the software on the phone is accurate.

To check the software version on the handset, click Start > Settings > Advanced Settings > System > Version > Device

The PDA version should show S:i920.1.0V.DC23.21889

The PHONE version should show S:i920.1.0V.DA19 (Shouldn't that be 2.0?)

Edited by Robtao

Guest slimyspartagus

Ok. I did a hard reset and it would connect without freezing after that, but it wouldn't show up on my computer as connected, and then it froze when i disconnected it again. So I re-flashed it and it was the same thing.

Then I flashed it to yadie's rom and it worked. I think I must have had a corrupted flash file or something.

Anyways I am updated to latest samsung release now.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Saw this on Samsungs site, and wanted to compare:

After completion of the DC23 upgrade, please verify the software on the phone is accurate.

To check the software version on the handset, click Start > Settings > Advanced Settings > System > Version > Device

The PDA version should show S:i920.1.0V.DC23.21889

The PHONE version should show S:i920.1.0V.DA19 (Shouldn't that be 2.0?)

Yeah it should, at least that is what mine says on PDA and PHONE.

Guest slimyspartagus

How long until the updated release? will it be based on the DC23 update, or does it not matter which version of WM i am running now?

Guest Ninja4Hire
How long until the updated release? will it be based on the DC23 update, or does it not matter which version of WM i am running now?

Not for sure, but to get DC23 you still need to flash the new update first. My new rom will be based on what I pulled out of the update so if you look at your windows default Settings > System > About, the CE OS will be 21889 and the build will be 21901. I am also trying to finish my toolbar update, so I'm not sure on the ETA of it all.

Guest Ninja4Hire

I totally forgot to respond to you snapz, sorry...

Well not to much on the Jinbox story. I actually have a mild case of Tech-A.D.D. I get fixated on one thing until I see something else and then I get caught up in that. I have been working on my new toolbar, and then the update came, and then a new 21901 build came. I should have a new update Monday or Tuesday with the new build and DC23. Then I will get back on track with the Jinbox.

I'm glad I have my own office, cuz I do about 20% actually work these days lol.

Guest snapz54
I totally forgot to respond to you snapz, sorry...

Well not to much on the Jinbox story. I actually have a mild case of Tech-A.D.D. I get fixated on one thing until I see something else and then I get caught up in that. I have been working on my new toolbar, and then the update came, and then a new 21901 build came. I should have a new update Monday or Tuesday with the new build and DC23. Then I will get back on track with the Jinbox.

I'm glad I have my own office, cuz I do about 20% actually work these days lol.

I'm sure they're still getting their moneys worth at 20% they're lucky you have the phone to keep you sane!!!

I know what you mean with the ADD, hopefully the JINBOX finds it's way into your crosshairs sometime soon, no rush.

I meant to ask you also what you use as a task manager since you removed the samsung default in your rom?

Guest Ninja4Hire
I'm sure they're still getting their moneys worth at 20% they're lucky you have the phone to keep you sane!!!

I know what you mean with the ADD, hopefully the JINBOX finds it's way into your crosshairs sometime soon, no rush.

I meant to ask you also what you use as a task manager since you removed the samsung default in your rom?

Most of the time I just use the default windows taskmanager. There is a taskmanger that came with the XDA_UC I put in the rom, but I think I took it out a few builds back. I attached it if you wanna check it out.

FS_TaskMgr.zip