[ROM]Ninja4hire *NinjaToday* (DG21) v6.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
Well... I updated my phone with the latest samsung update for DC23, and I've flashed your "Today (DC23) i920 ROM v2.1(21901)" configuration. According to my phone, the Windows Mobile version is 6.5 Professional, CE OS 5.2.21889 (Build 21889.5.0.90). Is there something wrong here? Please let me know.

By the way, thanks for your quick follow-up!

I almost forgot, I was going to ask you about one of your early replies in this topic. You previewed a really awesome looking SMS skin with staggered threading. That would really be the icing on the cake for your Roms, any new developments on that front? I've been using Vito SMS 1.25 but it's a kinda buggy and not nearly as sleek as the rest of your rom.

I meant what version of Windows desktop are you running? I was trying to figure out why active sync is acting weird.

Your build numbers are correct if you viewed them thru the samsung settings menu. I don't know why it says that when the default windows setting says 21901.

Also I still want to add my custom sms skin in the future. I was actually targeting the next full update (Today v3 and Black/Blue v8) of my roms if possible. It is still giving me trouble and I don't want to force that on anyone using my rom. Maybe I will try and make cab of it this weekend. That way people can test it out for me :huh:

Guest Bryan W.
I meant what version of Windows desktop are you running? I was trying to figure out why active sync is acting weird.

Sorry. My bad for not paying closer attention.

Win 7 x64 Is my main pc, but I flash using XP becuase its easier.

Edited by Bryan W.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snapz54

ninja,

if i install the downloaded tomnia start menu cab to your other rom how do i make the start button launch that button. what do i change in the registry?

Guest Ninja4Hire
ninja,

if i install the downloaded tomnia start menu cab to your other rom how do i make the start button launch that button. what do i change in the registry?

I just answered this for someone else. two birds one cab! lol

Ok So if you are using my mainmenu, I have created an all-in-one cab for you. If you just want the files to make T*Omnia menu work with the start button, I have also included those. Just paste in your /windows folder.

Ninja4hire_NinjaMenu.cab

Mainmenu_dll_lnk.zip

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
Has anyone been able to get tv-out working? if so, what did you do to get it working?

TIA

TV out should work, but you need the correct cables. I tried using some I had lying around, and they only got me squiggly lines. Then I used my zune cables, and they worked fine. Not sure why, but certain cables don't work.

Guest snapz54
I just answered this for someone else. two birds one cab! lol

Ok So if you are using my mainmenu, I have created an all-in-one cab for you. If you just want the files to make T*Omnia menu work with the start button, I have also included those. Just paste in your /windows folder.

Ninja4hire_NinjaMenu.cab

Mainmenu_dll_lnk.zip

on my way... you're awesome sir.

Guest buffpatel

Hey Ninja, Thanks so much for making some awesome Roms for the O2. I've been using your Today Rom and like it the best so far. I have a couple of questions for you if you get a second.

1 - Will you continue to make Today Roms, or to keep up with new updates should I install the other Roms you make and then install the Today screen cab on top of it?

2 - Do you know of a way to assign a button the <Rotate Screen> command? I tried the "enable Rotate command" registry hack from the i8000 forums, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for making my phone a little bit better with each new Rom.

Guest kdkinc
Hey Ninja, Thanks so much for making some awesome Roms for the O2. I've been using your Today Rom and like it the best so far. I have a couple of questions for you if you get a second.

1 - Will you continue to make Today Roms, or to keep up with new updates should I install the other Roms you make and then install the Today screen cab on top of it?

2 - Do you know of a way to assign a button the <Rotate Screen> command? I tried the "enable Rotate command" registry hack from the i8000 forums, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for making my phone a little bit better with each new Rom.

Can't you just assign a button .

setting>personel>buttons,choose from dropdown list (using wm setting)

I don't think you need a "hack"

Maybe Ninja has a better idea but I hope I helped

:rolleyes: :D

Guest snapz54

so I installed the cab of your tomnia start menu and it launches fine and works great except for...

newly installed programs don't show up in the extended start menu?

some windows default options are missing? namely windows settings, calculator?

what could this be?

Guest buffpatel
Can't you just assign a button .

setting>personel>buttons,choose from dropdown list (using wm setting)

I don't think you need a "hack"

Maybe Ninja has a better idea but I hope I helped

:rolleyes: :D

That's just the thing. I'm using the Today v2.3 Rom and I don't think wm setting is available. The only way I can do any settings on the phone is by going to the start menu and then pressing the settings button and i get the Omnia settings menu. When I go to general settings>buttons>assign a program it doesn't list the <Rotate Screen> command. Am I able to install the wm settings from a cab and would this then let me get the <rotate screen> command?

Thanks in advance

Guest Ninja4Hire
so I installed the cab of your tomnia start menu and it launches fine and works great except for...

newly installed programs don't show up in the extended start menu?

some windows default options are missing? namely windows settings, calculator?

what could this be?

I'm not sure what you mean by newly installed programs not showing up. I think you will still need to add them to the Mainmenu like when you first load it. Doesn't it start blank and then you add the programs you want?

Also I know for a fact windows settings does not show (thank Samsung), but you can reach it if you turn off "Touchwiz" in the samsung settings. I will have to check on the calculator as I don't remember.

I will install the cab this morning just to play around and see if there are any issues I can spot.

Guest Ninja4Hire
That's just the thing. I'm using the Today v2.3 Rom and I don't think wm setting is available. The only way I can do any settings on the phone is by going to the start menu and then pressing the settings button and i get the Omnia settings menu. When I go to general settings>buttons>assign a program it doesn't list the <Rotate Screen> command. Am I able to install the wm settings from a cab and would this then let me get the <rotate screen> command?

Thanks in advance

If you want to use the default windows settings, you will need to turn off "Touchwiz" in the samsung settings. "Samsung Settings > General Settings > Samsung TouchWiz UI".

On another note, it probably won't help as I don't think I enabled the <rotate screen> command. The rom has a reg editor installed so If you go to the below registry you can enable it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > GDI > ROTATION

Then change "HideOrientationUI" from 1 to 0

Exit, do a soft reset, and the option will become available.

Guest buffpatel
If you want to use the default windows settings, you will need to turn off "Touchwiz" in the samsung settings. "Samsung Settings > General Settings > Samsung TouchWiz UI".

On another note, it probably won't help as I don't think I enabled the <rotate screen> command. The rom has a reg editor installed so If you go to the below registry you can enable it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > GDI > ROTATION

Then change "HideOrientationUI" from 1 to 0

Exit, do a soft reset, and the option will become available.

DUDE, sweet! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a ton man!

Guest Ninja4Hire
DUDE, sweet! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a ton man!

Oh also I will still be updating this rom, just I am busy working on my new rom at the moment.

Guest snapz54
I'm not sure what you mean by newly installed programs not showing up. I think you will still need to add them to the Mainmenu like when you first load it. Doesn't it start blank and then you add the programs you want?

Also I know for a fact windows settings does not show (thank Samsung), but you can reach it if you turn off "Touchwiz" in the samsung settings. I will have to check on the calculator as I don't remember.

I will install the cab this morning just to play around and see if there are any issues I can spot.

so by newly installed,

for example, no windows calc so I installed a cab of SFR calculator. Go to start menu and go to edit so i can add it to the menu and it isn't listed?

edit: just needed a restart, sorry to waste your time sir.

Guest snapz54

I'm trying to find that htc notifications cab that makes the notifications a little sexier... are you working on skinning these elements for OP7?

Guest Ninja4Hire
I'm trying to find that htc notifications cab that makes the notifications a little sexier... are you working on skinning these elements for OP7?

Are you talking about like a comm manager or something totally different. I have never owned an HTC windows phone, so some things escape me lol.

As far as for the OP7 rom, I am going to leave the taskbar icons default and just change the color on the large indicators. I would skin the "wireless manager interface, but I have to find it and find what else gets changed if I change it... stupid samsung....

let me know if you see something you want in, out, skinned, scalped, feathered, or tarred and I will see what I can do.

Guest amdzero
Are you talking about like a comm manager or something totally different. I have never owned an HTC windows phone, so some things escape me lol.

As far as for the OP7 rom, I am going to leave the taskbar icons default and just change the color on the large indicators. I would skin the "wireless manager interface, but I have to find it and find what else gets changed if I change it... stupid samsung....

let me know if you see something you want in, out, skinned, scalped, feathered, or tarred and I will see what I can do.

Hey ninja, you got a list of files for modifying the OS? I know most of the taskbar icons, and some of the start bar icons, but for somereason I cannot find the trashcan, or the phone, etc on the start bar.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey ninja, you got a list of files for modifying the OS? I know most of the taskbar icons, and some of the start bar icons, but for somereason I cannot find the trashcan, or the phone, etc on the start bar.

Do you mean in 6.5.x? I believe all of the "classicblue" theme icons should be in the "Base_DPI_192" folder. For instance the trash can is called "classicblue_bubble_delete.png" and phone is "classicblue_bubble_phone.png". If you are using a different theme, then they of course could be anywhere and won't start with "classicblue"

Guest snapz54

ninja,

kd found the cab I was looking for, this is what I was talking about the skinned notifications...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5750653

It looks great when you get a calendar reminder pop up, but for all other notifications it shows up with a black background box with white text and looks unfinished. just wanted to make sure you were aware of it in case you wanted to pop it in or mod your own version.

as for the rest, your dialer skin is clean and beautiful, were you working on the in call menu also? special OP7 startup animation or splash screen?

Guest Ninja4Hire
ninja,

kd found the cab I was looking for, this is what I was talking about the skinned notifications...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5750653

It looks great when you get a calendar reminder pop up, but for all other notifications it shows up with a black background box with white text and looks unfinished. just wanted to make sure you were aware of it in case you wanted to pop it in or mod your own version.

as for the rest, your dialer skin is clean and beautiful, were you working on the in call menu also? special OP7 startup animation or splash screen?

Interesting. I will have to install it and check it out. I have already done the entire dialer from number pad to in call screen. I just have not released the 100% build yet :rolleyes:. There will be a few other surprises in there that I think people with like as well.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja... is there a way to edit the shortcuts bar? I would want to add the applications I use the most...excel,etc.,

Yeah, You should be able to just click and hold on a shortcut and it will bring up the change option