JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest kydkylin
The buttons are horrible !

And the top shortcuts too !

I came back to i8000nxxJC1 !

Well , different people have different tastes. ;)

For me,I've already been used to the 6.5.x now~ ;)

Guest jebise

Yeah i'm the same way using 6.5 right now. But you get used to them and they are actually a lot better. My only turn of was they look so ugly but not a issues with a skin. It's more finger friendly and ram is better and the top menu is finally buy itself and no stupid start menu or the x button.

Edited by jebise

Guest kydkylin
Do we really have to flash the eboot to get more RAM? If the pagepool is set to 8MB + 15MB eboot value = 159MB free RAM. Then why can't we just leave the eboot at 20MB + 8MB pagepool and still get 159MB free? or will the eboot force 20MB value even if it's set to 8MB in the pagepool, but that should not be the case since the default value is 152MB and with 8MB pagepool = 159MB forcing it to 8MB giving us an extra 7MB of RAM.

I have yet to flash my eboot and right now i have 151.52MB accessible memory, so i would think it's useless or am i missing something?

I can understand why the eboot is useful if your using the stock ROM but i'm waiting for GC lite ROM before i update, so in theory i should have 159MB of RAM when i flash.

Ohh and thanks for the screens if you get a chance can we get some screens of touch player?

Yes , I think we can have customed ROM with 159 RAM.So just wait~ ;)

Here're screenshots for touch player,almost same as JC2's.

post-603032-1270863997_thumb.png

post-603032-1270864039_thumb.png

Edited by kydkylin

Guest jebise

dam i really wish they get rid of the album art from song list, so its just sang and album. That will speed up touch player so much and remove all lagg

Guest redMANU
Yes , I think we can have customed ROM with 159 RAM.So just wait~ ;)

Here're screenshots for touch player,almost same as JC2's.

which theme do you use?

Guest DunKnow

What i have found out is that in this ROM, there was no bubblebreaker game,a downgraded Windows Live Messenger and some Samsung customized popup menu is gone. The best i have found is that touchwiz interface for today is very very smooth. Thanks ;)

Guest 206bw

Any way to get this smooth touchwiz and put it on older roms?

TOmnia's main menu + JD1's TouchWiz = Finally a decent everyday use experience ;)

Guest kydkylin
What i have found out is that in this ROM, there was no bubblebreaker game,a downgraded Windows Live Messenger and some Samsung customized popup menu is gone. The best i have found is that touchwiz interface for today is very very smooth. Thanks ;)

Thx for the info~

Guest kydkylin
Any way to get this smooth touchwiz and put it on older roms?

TOmnia's main menu + JD1's TouchWiz = Finally a decent everyday use experience ;)

Yeah,that'll be cool.

Wish there's a cab or customed rom can do this~

Guest kkkong
This rom JD1 cannot view chinese text on phone book and SMS.

Sorry now can view after reflash JD1 rom again but cannot write chinese text alldo flash with CSC_I8000XSOJA2.

Guest kydkylin
Sorry now can view after reflash JD1 rom again but cannot write chinese text alldo flash with CSC_I8000XSOJA2.

For writing,you should install some Chinese input,something like A4输入法,梅花输入法 and so on.Very easy to find them using google~

Guest monyozt
For writing,you should install some Chinese input,something like A4输入法,梅花输入法 and so on.Very easy to find them using google~

can u post the cab?

Guest Namar

At last a WM 6.5.x ROM with Block Recognizer and Letter Recognizer in addition to the Samsung keypad as input methods. I have been looking for these in cooked WM6.5x ROMS because they allow for fast entry of information in O2. Thanks.

Guest yuszairi

jd1 has no preset profile to setup exchange mail. everytime try to setup my ms exchange mail, only option is either internet mail or custom domain.

if choose custom domain, only pop3 and smtp option avail.

anyone know a solution to get back exchange mail profile setup??

Guest Snowman119
jd1 has no preset profile to setup exchange mail. everytime try to setup my ms exchange mail, only option is either internet mail or custom domain.

No Exchange Mail? That's mean cannot use gmail push mail? ;)

Guest dgmorland

Can you set it up in Activesync app rather than in the mail app?

Guest Rdy2Go
how about the battery life of this rom? is it still good?

Battery life is not so good in "Auto" setting.

But anyways - I prefer this ROM to any other as long as it lasts one full day with my active usage pattern.

Guest Rdy2Go

It takes some time to get used to it but once you switch - there's no way back to standard WM 6.5 (much worse IMHO).

I like magnified fonts for sms messages, much better touch friendliness than stock WM 6.5.0