I8000NXXJD1 LITE 20100410

Guest twu2

Guest speedfrog
"The page pool is a reserved area in memory for the windows mobile kernel.

If you wished to free up more RAM and get a more responsive device. Your page pool size which is indirectly related to your RAM. That means, the bigger your pool, the lesser your RAM and vice-versa." @ Google

thank you

Guest wes58
thanks for the rom.

When i try to dump this rom with romTool 2.2.2, it crash. Anyone else tried ?

I assume that he is using an option 'convert all packages to one' so you can't dump this rom! You have to make your own rom from original JD1.

Guest filougk
I assume that he is using an option 'convert all packages to one' so you can't dump this rom! You have to make your own rom from original JD1.

I just wanted to be sure, too bad.

Edited by filougk

Guest wes58
I just wanted to be sure, too bad.

Ok, just wanted to check if the problem is my application. So it is not the result of using 'convert all packages to one' but because the rom has LZX compression and imfgfstodump.exe crashes when it tries to decompress it.

But still you should try to make your own rom and appreciate work of others.

Guest Teflanzy

hi twu2

can you tell me how do you make your own cab for the application from the rom?

and do you delete all rgu files?

can you provide me with the log files from wes58 rom tool?

thanks

Guest speedfrog

which programs is not removed?

will the rom be unstable if i change the pagetool size to 4MB?

Edited by speedfrog

Ok, just wanted to check if the problem is my application. So it is not the result of using 'convert all packages to one' but because the rom has LZX compression and imfgfstodump.exe crashes when it tries to decompress it.

But still you should try to make your own rom and appreciate work of others.

I don't use 'convert all packages to one' in my lite rom, so it's not the reason for this.

I just make a simple test, build a full rom with LZX compress, and try to dump it in romTool 2.2.2. It still get same error.

hi twu2

can you tell me how do you make your own cab for the application from the rom?

and do you delete all rgu files?

can you provide me with the log files from wes58 rom tool?

thanks

1. use WinCE Cab Manager. (If you are asking what file should put in the cab for such application? hm... just experience and try and test until it work)

2. yes, I deleted it, and sorry, I forget to put them in the deleted_files.7z this time.

3. where to find the log? the build log?

usually, I never use the log, I just write a small php script to compare the dump folder with custom rom and official rom to find the deleted files, and based on the deleted files, use another script to compare and move them from OEM/SYS folder.

Guest FoXMuLd3R
1. use WinCE Cab Manager. (If you are asking what file should put in the cab for such application? hm... just experience and try and test until it work)

2. yes, I deleted it, and sorry, I forget to put them in the deleted_files.7z this time.

3. where to find the log? the build log?

usually, I never use the log, I just write a small php script to compare the dump folder with custom rom and official rom to find the deleted files, and based on the deleted files, use another script to compare and move them from OEM/SYS folder.

Hi!

I'm a bit confused ;)

After the flashing i choosed to select Italian Language into the phone...

So it restarted 3 times and came back to the ORIGINAL ROM!! :/

How can it be possible if i flashed it with nb0 PDA only?

Thank You in advance for your help!

Warmest Regards!

FoX

Hi!

I'm a bit confused ;)

After the flashing i choosed to select Italian Language into the phone...

So it restarted 3 times and came back to the ORIGINAL ROM!! :/

How can it be possible if i flashed it with nb0 PDA only?

Thank You in advance for your help!

Warmest Regards!

FoX

based on my experience in JC2 rom, it will restore it to full rom after change the language...

don't ask me why, I'm also confused for this...

Guest FoXMuLd3R
based on my experience in JC2 rom, it will restore it to full rom after change the language...

It's very strange because the old ROM should be deleted by the cooked one :/

Please twu2 can you check your private messages?

So maybe you can make me happy! ;)

Thank you very much buddy!

FoX

Guest wes58
I don't use 'convert all packages to one' in my lite rom, so it's not the reason for this.

I just make a simple test, build a full rom with LZX compress, and try to dump it in romTool 2.2.2. It still get same error.

Yes, as I wrote before it is because of LZX compression. ImgfToDump can't decompress LZX. If you look in the dump folder and open a few files with hexeditor you will see the contents have '00' bytes in it. So when packagetool.exe (to convert dump to packages) wants to read .dsm files, it crashes because there is nothing in there.

If you used 'convert all packages to one' you would get a folder which would say 'Make your own rom' (as far as I can remember) after dump because there are no dsm files in the rom.

Guest Lancez
It's very strange because the old ROM should be deleted by the cooked one :/

Please twu2 can you check your private messages?

So maybe you can make me happy! ;)

Thank you very much buddy!

FoX

i8000 has full backup ROM stored in my storage when u flash.MST, if u try to change the language on a custom ROM which dose not have the language that u prefer, it'll automatically use the backup ROM from my storage. that is why u r having this strange problem.

Guest wes58

If you are trying to flash (custom) rom and you select different language than this custom rom is, Samsung is using the multilanguage .mli file (original rom version) stored in 'hidden partition' on 'My Storage'

Edit: You beat me to it, Lancez!

Edited by wes58

Guest FoXMuLd3R
i8000 has full backup ROM stored in my storage when u flash.MST, if u try to change the language on a custom ROM which dose not have the language that u prefer, it'll automatically use the backup ROM from my storage. that is why u r having this strange problem.

Thank you very much Lancez!

You Rock!!!

I hope TWU2 could help me :/

Again thanks for the explanation!

FoX

P.S. Thanks to wes58 too!!!

Edited by FoXMuLd3R

Guest Lancez
If you are trying to flash (custom) rom and you select different language than this custom rom is, Samsung is using the multilanguage .mli file (original rom version) stored in 'hidden partition' on 'My Storage'

Edit: You beat me to it, Lancez!

its not easy! ;) u r the expert and im just someone who reads a lot! ;)

Guest FoXMuLd3R
its not easy! ;) u r the expert and im just someone who reads a lot! ;)

lol!!!

If an expert can help me repacking the same Cooked ROM with Italian Language i will make a donation :-)

I'm not joking...

If twu2 want to do it for me i'll be generous with him or with the one who'll do this for me ;)

Cheers!

FoX

I don't know if it's easy or not for not italian dude..

Guest wes58
lol!!!

If an expert can help me repacking the same Cooked ROM with Italian Language i will make a donation :-)

I'm not joking...

If twu2 want to do it for me i'll be generous with him or with the one who'll do this for me ;)

Cheers!

FoX

I don't know if it's easy or not for not italian dude..

It wouldn't be hard to do. If you got the files that twu2 modified (if you are nice to him maybe he would give it you) and then replace them in your dumped Italian rom. Or you could give twu2 your italian rom dumped from the phone and he could make one for you.

Guest FoXMuLd3R
It wouldn't be hard to do. If you got the files that twu2 modified (if you are nice to him maybe he would give it you) and then replace them in your dumped Italian rom. Or you could give twu2 your italian rom dumped from the phone and he could make one for you.

I asked him to help me already...

I think the best way is to modify the one he has replacing the language files and uploading it wherever he wants...

Maybe he didn't read my private message yet...

If twu2 could not help me could you do it for me instead?

I visited your link for danation already lol!!!

FoX