I8000NXXJD1 LITE 20100410

Guest twu2

Guest Mighty Warriors
this is wat u will see in 6.5.x rom

Do you mean I will see the popup with icon in this new interface or the difficult to tap and popup the icons?

Guest quizesilver
Do you mean I will see the popup with icon in this new interface or the difficult to tap and popup the icons?

on the difficulty i cant comment

on the new icon. ya.

Guest Mighty Warriors
using finger nail or finger also no prob...

ok seems like its me only then. Wonder if I am using wktask which cause this problem

Guest FoXMuLd3R
CHome => The WM 6.5 "Windows Default" Today.

Connected Home => DLNA => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

You Rock!!!

Could you tell me the right things to do to have back the Samsung SMS manager?

I didn't understand what i should modify...whick link...key registry?

I didn't put on line your italian lite version cause i'm testing it yet :-D

FoX

Guest markuslagan06

twu2 thank you for the lite rom of yours.

are you going to make lite version of this latest rom too? GT-I8000_I8000BOIL4_I8000DTMIL4_I8000BOIL1_I8000DTMIL4_BO_999.

will be much appreciated. ;)

twu2 thank you for the lite rom of yours.

are you going to make lite version of this latest rom too? GT-I8000_I8000BOIL4_I8000DTMIL4_I8000BOIL1_I8000DTMIL4_BO_999.

will be much appreciated. ;)

IL4 => the 2009/12 rom. it's new in the FUS, but not a really new rom in the world

You Rock!!!

FoX

if you only want to use Samsung's SMS program, you can install tmailwrap_sms.zip from this topic.

or use tmailwrap_653.zip for both email and sms.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-jinbox-exe/

ps. the program will not always work, sometimes, it still launch wm's version.

Guest jebise
i use your last rom, what the diference between this rom and the other one i use.

This is a samsung 6.5.3 build it may(not) be official build but its samsung. Meaning the bar bug we had before when cookers where making 6.5.5 build has been fixed and whatever other issues cookers where facing.

Still need to know the reg path to enable samsung sms, if someone can comment.

Guest plguzman
This is a samsung 6.5.3 build it may(not) be official build but its samsung. Meaning the bar bug we had before when cookers where making 6.5.5 build has been fixed and whatever other issues cookers where facing.

Still need to know the reg path to enable samsung sms, if someone can comment.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Replace the value in "1" with "\Windows\SMS-MMS.exe"

Obviously, SMS-MMS has to be installed.

Guest jebise
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Replace the value in "1" with "\Windows\SMS-MMS.exe"

Obviously, SMS-MMS has to be installed.

Thank you now if there was a way to do this with the email also, i know jinboxin or something can be linked to it.

Guest quizesilver
Thank you now if there was a way to do this with the email also, i know jinboxin or something can be linked to it.

* Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

from

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-programs-faq/#

Guest skoda60
You Rock!!!

FoX

I just copied message.lnk into start menu and it worked. look like twu2 did not removed it.

Message.zip

Guest jebise

something is messed up, i went in the windows folder and grabbed all the ji(box) shortcuts. jiboxnew launches messaging and goes right too the compose message part. Then there is another shortcut that launches messaging and you can click through the different tab and click a person to open a threaded chat. Then there is another icon that lauches messaging but you can choose which folder you want to go into either SMS Outlook or Other.

When i click Text it launches messaging which is fine no issues, but when i click email it still launches messaging and not in email view i can still see the text messages. Am i missing something? arnt they suppose to be different pages within the messaging app? or is it suppose to just launch messaging which is mixed email and text?

EDIT

i'm totally confused what was the official way (the way samsung wanted) and what this lite ROM is doing.

When i first flashed, it was just launching default winmo SMS and email.

Then i changed this reg key HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX -> Replace the value in "1" with "\Windows\SMS-MMS.exe"

Which resulted in messaging opening for both text and email. By clicking either text or email both showed me the text messages i received since it was opening messaging only. Which i have restored back to default tmail.exe

Applying quizesilver patch had no effect and then i copied three shortcuts from the windows folder "jinbox", "jinboxinbox" and "jinboxnew" to figure out what is what.

1.) Launching jinbox now had three options "email" (launches samsung outlook email), "SMS" (launches Samsung Messaging) and "other" (other email i guess) as pre quizesilver post this patch worked because before it was just showing SMS and this page says Accounts on the top.

2.) Launching jinboxinbox just goes into the messaging text area same as before just like MSINBOX reg hack.

3.) launching jinbox opens messaging but at the text input screen for a new text. So this is not what we want.

So this means the MSINBOX reg hack is incorrect. When you click Text from the start menu it should launch samsung messaging and when you click email from the start menu it should open the Accounts page with "email", "SMS" and "Other".

I have no idea how it all worked on the official ROM since i never flashed it. But from what i can remember from my old bell stock ROM. Clicking Text in the start Menu would launch Samsung messagin and click Email launched the default winmo email app. For now i renamed jinbox to SMS-Email and jinboxinbox to Messaging and placed them in the start menu for easy access. But i would like it launching the proper way if someone knows how?

Edited by jebise

hello twu2 Can you make this rom for the Russian language plz.? All the Russian community with 4pda.ru would be very grateful to you ;)

It's difficult for me to do this, but using my script and wes58's romtool, you can try to build it by yourself.

It's very easy, just following this documentation step by step:

0. get php win32 binary from here: http://windows.php.net/download/ and install it to c:\php\

1. get sorg's dskdump.exe from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

2. flash the official rom and choose the language you need, then use dskdump.exe to dump the rom to rom_dump.bin

3. get wes58's romtool from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/

4. copy _Template folder to I8000NXXJD1, and follow wes58's documentation, copy and change the file we need for LZX compression.

5. put rom_dump.bin to I8000NXXJD1 folder, like this:

post-609730-1271139333_thumb.png

6. execute romtool.exe, choose 'Dump PDA (.nb0, .nb, .bin file)', and click the 'Select File' button to choose the rom_dump.bin, then check the option like this:

post-609730-1271139448_thumb.png

then click 'Run' button, wait for a few minutes, you will get a result like this:

post-609730-1271139488_thumb.png

7. then choose 'Setting', click 'Start ExtReloc' button like:

post-609730-1271139549_thumb.png

8. change to 'Optoins' tab in ExtReloc, then change the option and like this:

post-609730-1271139599_thumb.png

then click 'Save Optoons', then exit ExtReloc program.

9. extract files (include folder) from i8000lite.zip, you should get the environment like:

post-609730-1271139670_thumb.png

post-609730-1271139783_thumb.png

post-609730-1271139790_thumb.png

10. open a command prompt, change to the I8000NXXJD1 folder, make sure the php command work fine for 'c:\php\php.exe -v', then execute 'c:\php\php.exe -Cq i8000lite.php' like this:

post-609730-1271139893_thumb.png

the result will like this:

post-609730-1271139901_thumb.png

the script will move files we don't want to deleted folder like:

post-609730-1271139981_thumb.png

11. you can do some fine tune here, to delete some other files, change some registry, add some program.... (change the setting in zzzzMyMods folder, it's for English, some might change in different langaue)

12. return to romtool.exe, choose 'Build PDA (.nb0 file) tab, and Click the '...' button after 'Work Folder' to choose the our work folder (I8000NXXJD1, yes you need to choose it again, even it's already this folder), change the PDA version to what you like, and click the option like this (also change the pagepool size to what you want):

post-609730-1271140126_thumb.png

13. click 'Run', it will pop-up BuildOS like this:

post-609730-1271140157_thumb.png

14. click the green execute button, and wait for a few minutes, it should like this:

post-609730-1271140206_thumb.png

15. before you close BuildOS, here is the final stage if you still need to modify some files or some setting, just do it in 'temp\dump' folder....

16. close BuildOS program, it will pop-up ExtReloc like this:

post-609730-1271140280_thumb.png

17. then just wait... maybe 5-10 minutes depend on you computer speed... you should get the result like this:

post-609730-1271140340_thumb.png

18. then check the 'Finished ROM' folder, you should get the lite ROM here:

post-609730-1271140379_thumb.png

19. flash it and test it...

for cabs... there's no easy way or script to do it, you need to use 'WinCE Cab Manager' to create it or modify the one I created.

here is the file include the script, setting, and zzzzzMyMods OEM.

i8000lite_eng.zip

Edited by twu2

Guest everson

Hello,

Thank you for providing this ROM.

Can I change the language of XT9? Can you explain how?

You can arrange a cab for language Portuguese XT9 keyboard??

Thanks again.

Edited by everson

Guest quizesilver
something is messed up, i went in the windows folder and grabbed all the ji(box) shortcuts. jiboxnew launches messaging and goes right too the compose message part. Then there is another shortcut that launches messaging and you can click through the different tab and click a person to open a threaded chat. Then there is another icon that lauches messaging but you can choose which folder you want to go into either SMS Outlook or Other.

When i click Text it launches messaging which is fine no issues, but when i click email it still launches messaging and not in email view i can still see the text messages. Am i missing something? arnt they suppose to be different pages within the messaging app? or is it suppose to just launch messaging which is mixed email and text?

EDIT

i'm totally confused what was the official way (the way samsung wanted) and what this lite ROM is doing.

When i first flashed, it was just launching default winmo SMS and email.

Then i changed this reg key HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX -> Replace the value in "1" with "\Windows\SMS-MMS.exe"

Which resulted in messaging opening for both text and email. By clicking either text or email both showed me the text messages i received since it was opening messaging only. Which i have restored back to default tmail.exe

Applying quizesilver patch had no effect and then i copied three shortcuts from the windows folder "jinbox", "jinboxinbox" and "jinboxnew" to figure out what is what.

1.) Launching jinbox now had three options "email" (launches samsung outlook email), "SMS" (launches Samsung Messaging) and "other" (other email i guess) as pre quizesilver post this patch worked because before it was just showing SMS and this page says Accounts on the top.

2.) Launching jinboxinbox just goes into the messaging text area same as before just like MSINBOX reg hack.

3.) launching jinbox opens messaging but at the text input screen for a new text. So this is not what we want.

So this means the MSINBOX reg hack is incorrect. When you click Text from the start menu it should launch samsung messaging and when you click email from the start menu it should open the Accounts page with "email", "SMS" and "Other".

I have no idea how it all worked on the official ROM since i never flashed it. But from what i can remember from my old bell stock ROM. Clicking Text in the start Menu would launch Samsung messagin and click Email launched the default winmo email app. For now i renamed jinbox to SMS-Email and jinboxinbox to Messaging and placed them in the start menu for easy access. But i would like it launching the proper way if someone knows how?

bro for the jinbox that i told u

u need to slide to change between the sms inbox and the email inbox etc...

btw i am using GC JD1 lite rom.

not too sure if there is any miss file anot.

Edited by quizesilver

Guest FoXMuLd3R
It's difficult for me to do this, but using my script and wes58's romtool, you can try to build it by yourself.

It's very easy, just following this documentation step by step:

0. get php win32 binary from here: http://windows.php.net/download/ and install it to c:\php\

1. get sorg's dskdump.exe from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

2. flash the official rom and choose the language you need, then use dskdump.exe to dump the rom to rom_dump.bin

3. get wes58's romtool from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ld-application/

4. copy _Template folder to I8000NXXJD1, and follow wes58's documentation, copy and change the file we need for LZX compression.

5. put rom_dump.bin to I8000NXXJD1 folder, like this:

post-609730-1271139333_thumb.png

6. execute romtool.exe, choose 'Dump PDA (.nb0, .nb, .bin file)', and click the 'Select File' button to choose the rom_dump.bin, then check the option like this:

post-609730-1271139448_thumb.png

then click 'Run' button, wait for a few minutes, you will get a result like this:

post-609730-1271139488_thumb.png

7. then choose 'Setting', click 'Start ExtReloc' button like:

post-609730-1271139549_thumb.png

8. change to 'Optoins' tab in ExtReloc, then change the option and like this:

post-609730-1271139599_thumb.png

then click 'Save Optoons', then exit ExtReloc program.

9. extract files (include folder) from i8000lite.zip, you should get the environment like:

post-609730-1271139670_thumb.png

post-609730-1271139783_thumb.png

post-609730-1271139790_thumb.png

10. open a command prompt, change to the I8000NXXJD1 folder, make sure the php command work fine for 'c:\php\php.exe -v', then execute 'c:\php\php.exe -Cq i8000lite.php' like this:

post-609730-1271139893_thumb.png

the result will like this:

post-609730-1271139901_thumb.png

the script will move files we don't want to deleted folder like:

post-609730-1271139981_thumb.png

11. you can do some fine tune here, to delete some other files, change some registry, add some program.... (change the setting in zzzzMyMods folder, it's for English, some might change in different langaue)

12. return to romtool.exe, choose 'Build PDA (.nb0 file) tab, and Click the '...' button after 'Work Folder' to choose the our work folder (I8000NXXJD1, yes you need to choose it again, even it's already this folder), change the PDA version to what you like, and click the option like this (also change the pagepool size to what you want):

post-609730-1271140126_thumb.png

13. click 'Run', it will pop-up BuildOS like this:

post-609730-1271140157_thumb.png

14. click the green execute button, and wait for a few minutes, it should like this:

post-609730-1271140206_thumb.png

15. before you close BuildOS, here is the final stage if you still need to modify some files or some setting, just do it in 'temp\dump' folder....

16. close BuildOS program, it will pop-up ExtReloc like this:

post-609730-1271140280_thumb.png

17. then just wait... maybe 5-10 minutes depend on you computer speed... you should get the result like this:

post-609730-1271140340_thumb.png

18. then check the 'Finished ROM' folder, you should get the lite ROM here:

post-609730-1271140379_thumb.png

19. flash it and test it...

for cabs... there's no easy way or script to do it, you need to use 'WinCE Cab Manager' to create it or modify the one I created.

here is the file include the script, setting, and zzzzzMyMods OEM.

i8000lite_eng.zip

You are THE BEST!!!!

FoX

Guest jebise
bro for the jinbox that i told u

u need to slide to change between the sms inbox and the email inbox etc...

btw i am using GC JD1 lite rom.

not too sure if there is any miss file anot.

ok, but your thing was just what i was looking for it works very well. It just i thought i would be able to Luanch messaging.exe using the text icon and launch the accounts page that let me choose between email and SMS when i click email, other then adding 2 new shortcuts to the start menu. But no big deal as that is what i did and works fine.

Guest everson

Hello,

Thank you for providing this ROM.

Can I change the language of XT9? Can you explain how?

You can arrange a cab for language Portuguese XT9 keyboard??

Thanks again.