I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Did you try it gchris with app launcher?

If you have, give us a screenshot please

But why to build a rom with something which can easily make it yourself.

It's much better to leave the rom with a basic theme and everyone build whatever he likes.

Cheers

Most people, I think, want a "canned" ROM. In other words, a ROM which all they have to do is

maybe set the weather settings. They do not want to or have the time to learn how

to customize a today screen.

The problem cooks have is how to satisfy the majority of people on MoDaCo. It's a

difficult task. I try to make 2 versions when I can: Titanium and Samsung Today. Yet

I still have people who want this or that added/removed.

I am looking at gChris's titanium plugin. I have it installed on my JD3/23563 ROM (Not cooked in).

It's a nice interface, but my concern is auto update of the weather WITHOUT constantly being

connected to the Internet. I cannot be connected all the time. I have a 20 hour/month plan as I

only use the Internet for weather and testing of roms.

The AppLauncher program in this interface is similar to AppLauncher, so I see no need to change it.

It works the same way, but with a different look.

I would have preferred the icons at the bottom (msg, email, etc.) be a little brighter in color, but hey,

can't have everything.

I am also talking to Contable about using his today interface. You can check it out at:

Contable Skin

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest nap_rz

what the differences between whatever your problems are with gchris' and titanium ltd compared to standard titanium weather you already cooked into your roms?

couldn't you simply exclude or disable it?

Guest Gary Crutcher
what the differences between whatever your problems are with gchris' and titanium ltd compared to standard titanium weather you already cooked into your roms?

couldn't you simply exclude or disable it?

GChris is easy to cook into a rom and I have fixed the autoupdate issue - I think.

Am testing now.

Titanium ltd requires very specific steps to install it. Not sure if it can be cooked into

a rom.

Contable's today screen, if you clicked the above link, has a nice interface and does not use

Mortscript - written in C++. He will have an OEM version which can be cooked into a rom.

As I said before: "You can please some of the people, some of the time. But you

can't please all the people all of the time."

Note: GChris and Titanium LTD and the titanium I am using in my roms, all hook into

Windows Default, so you cannot enable/disable one and have the other work. There is

only one Windows Default.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary may i ask why your using contable app launcher for standard titanium and not his WM7 version?

As I posted earlier, the WM7 version has 2 rows of "not used" apps icons. I didn't like it.

I preferred the 1 row of icons and the blue bar at the bottom.

Guest Gary Crutcher
if garry will also use contable's titanium then what would be the difference with sonblack's roms?

After discussing this issue with Contable and Sonblack, mine will have a little different look.

Also, I will still be making the roms with the titanium and also gchris's today screen.

So I will have 3 versions available to choose from.

Guest redzone321
As I posted earlier, the WM7 version has 2 rows of "not used" apps icons. I didn't like it.

I preferred the 1 row of icons and the blue bar at the bottom.

but all "not used" can be changed to shortcuts you just have to adjust offset with the right softkey.

But if you only like 1 row i understand

Guest bouboule
After discussing this issue with Contable and Sonblack, mine will have a little different look.

Also, I will still be making the roms with the titanium and also gchris's today screen.

So I will have 3 versions available to choose from.

For me, I would prefer that you make Gary Crutcher ROMs, Sonblack makes Sonblack's ROMs and Contable makes Contable's ROMs. :huh:

For us it's easy to know which ROM we like and don't have to try a lot of ROMs from each one. :P

And the 23115 is for me the best you ever cooked :blink:

Edited by bouboule

Guest Gary Crutcher
For me, I would prefer that you make Gary Crutcher ROMs, Sonblack makes Sonblack's ROMs and Contable makes Contable's ROMs. :huh:

For us it's easy to know which ROM we like and don't have to try a lot of ROMs from each one. :P

And the 23115 is for me the best you ever cooked :blink:

As far as my roms go, the only change between them will be the today screen. The underlying

O/S will be the same. I just want to provide some additional look 'n feel options.

Guest caribchief

Hi All,

I need some advice and help. I have installed on my O2 the JD3_Samsung Lite version. The strange thing that is happening to me, applications such as my Garmin XT and others that are full screen.....I get a FLICKER of the bottom bar containing the large start icon (WM6.5.3 icons) coming up when I am in full screen mode applications.

Can you please explain to me why this is happening and how I can rectify this.

Thanks

Guest froggyman

Hi,

Need some help before i do my FIRST flashing,

Now i am on offical Singapore rom(WM6.5)

PDA. JA5

CSC: XSOJA2

Phone: JA1

Eboot : Don't know cos don't know where to see this information.

Ok. Now i intend to flash to WM6.5.3 JD3/23115...got some queries that need your help.

a) Is it ok as i will be flashing only this PDA part while the rest of it remains as JA?

:P this PDA is a 6.5.3 vs the rest of the other part (WM6.5)...any issue?

c) See that this ROM have the applaucher... i) Do i really need to "run" it ii) what is this for?

Sorry for so many question asked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Edited by froggyman

Guest froggyman
Hi,

Need some help before i do my FIRST flashing,

Now i am on offical Singapore rom(WM6.5)

PDA. JA5

CSC: XSOJA2

Phone: JA1

Eboot : Don't know cos don't know where to see this information.

Ok. Now i intend to flash to WM6.5.3 JD3/23115...got some queries that need your help.

a) Is it ok as i will be flashing only this PDA part while the rest of it remains as JA?

:P this PDA is a 6.5.3 vs the rest of the other part (WM6.5)...any issue?

c) See that this ROM have the applaucher... i) Do i really need to "run" it ii) what is this for?

Sorry for so many question asked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Guest jmsmartins
Can someone help?

Thanks.

a)yes u can flash pda only

b)app launcher is a titanium plugin, u don't have to use it if u don't want to. make sure u read at least 1st post before flashing the rom/pda

Guest jmsmartins

hi Gary!

thanks for your rom, i'm using it and it seems very nice :P

may i ask u for your next release that u don't remove samsung widgets? they're kinda cool because unlike the first versions, now they have almost everything we need (clendar, notifications, appointments, weather, youtube...). i think it would not mess up much with free ram and they can be disabled by default and used only if we want to.. most of the so-called omnia lovers just want their omnias to be a clone of iphone or HTC but i don't anymore :D

thanks bro,

keep them comming!

Guest froggyman
a)yes u can flash pda only

b)app launcher is a titanium plugin, u don't have to use it if u don't want to. make sure u read at least 1st post before flashing the rom/pda

Hi Jmsmartins,

Thanks for your repy & advice.

Will read more before action.(1st flashing)

Just worry that this 6.5.3 PDA will clash with the rest of the 6.5 parts(eboot,phone & CSC) which i will not be flashing. :P

Thanks alot

Guest allex82

Thanks, downloading now, chef GC! :)

Just one question... the new user interface, shown in picture 3, in built in the Lite ROM, right?

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks, downloading now, chef GC! :)

Just one question... the new user interface, shown in picture 3, in built in the Lite ROM, right?

Yes.

Guest jmsmartins
Hi Jmsmartins,

Thanks for your repy & advice.

Will read more before action.(1st flashing)

Just worry that this 6.5.3 PDA will clash with the rest of the 6.5 parts(eboot,phone & CSC) which i will not be flashing. ;)

Thanks alot

i'm using a 6.5.5 pda and i've never flashed my eboot or phone parts as well :) i just flashed csc because of network settings, if yours are ok then u don't need to flash csc..

Edited by jmsmartins