I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
hello gary... how to disable or uninstall sliding windows lockscree? I want use standard lockscreen without sliding lock.. thnxx man..

Sorry, I missed that one.

Go into registry and set value as shown.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAMSUNG\LockScreen]

"Lock"=dword:00000000

Guest akwin
Sorry, I missed that one.

Go into registry and set value as shown.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAMSUNG\LockScreen]

"Lock"=dword:00000000

wohooo.. thanx gary...

Guest Bassvix

New feedback...

Using Samsung Today the problem continued.

Solved the problem by leaving the Windows \ StartUp shortcut to AlarmWatcher.lnk only, removing all the others.

For now all working correctly.

One problem I noticed was the "Ring Type ", when I change to "Vibrate and ring" sometimes gets lost going back to it's original "Ring".

I could not test GPRS, but WiFi and Bluetooth data traffic it´s normal.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary

Hope you are fine

I have no problem with battery but i don't use weather update of Today

I have problems with GPRS. It works for small traffic but no for "big" packets.

For exemple i can update the weather on SPB but i can't download and install Windows Market Place (sometimes, i download only 1 KB, sometimes 63 kb ....)

ANd cannot use Outlook for downloading e-mail

Maybe I think i will go back to your last ROM

WHat are the advantages of this new one ?

HAve good holidays

Not sure if there are any advantages to using this rom. I posted it as a request for the newest MS O/S core software.

If you are having issues with it, I suggest you flash back to a rom you had success with. Not all the newest software is

better than previous versions. Sometimes bugs creep in.

Gary

Guest ttangcho
if i flash my phone, is my contact phone deleted?

Yes, your phone will be reset to factory default settings. If you want to keep your contact, back it up with Outlook or Jeyo Mobile Companion before flashing your phone. If you have only a few contacts, you can transfer them to your SIM as well. When your phone is flashed with new ROM, your data in SIM card will be preserved. :D

Guest Indra Suryatama
Yes, your phone will be reset to factory default settings. If you want to keep your contact, back it up with Outlook or Jeyo Mobile Companion before flashing your phone. If you have only a few contacts, you can transfer them to your SIM as well. When your phone is flashed with new ROM, your data in SIM card will be preserved. :D

thank you, i ll back it up using sktools.....

:D

Guest bouboule

Has somebody test the GPRS ? Because i had problems with GPRS and come back to older ROM from Gary.

I am the only one with GPRS problems ?

If yes i will flash it again :D

Guest Bassvix

Other Feedback:

Another old problem that has long (ROMs) could not see, after a reboot (random) the WiFi service is not active, does not appear in Wireless Manager.

When I went through this kind of problem for some time, after some previous ROMs on various websites and forums there are articles about setting in the registry, but that does not always work.

The fact is that once again the problem in this ROM version.

Guest idrak3

Hi Gerry I really love your ROM. its so fast and ligght

had tried this to change ; "Remove the SMS sent notification"

Go To: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMSText

Change: DLL value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

Soft reset and then

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Then: Soft Reset

But it like brfore no change :D. any suggestion

Guest idrak3

can have link for this theme? i already with this one WM7_Titanium_WVGA_by_Ibrythill__Revised_by_Sonblack_.cab,

and i want to replace with default.

How to do it? .. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ph3nomX

Hi guys! I am newone here, but i've been following the forum posts for a good time. I have flashed my omnia i8000 with this ROM and it's really good, (the best) so far, but i have a little problem here. Its when i listen music on Touch player or Windows Media, while i try to unlock the phone it stuck there and i need to restart. It is happening too often and i am a music listener, so i need rly help for this one. Mine rom is 23103 20 july release. thank you....

Guest sgmem88
Hi guys! I am newone here, but i've been following the forum posts for a good time. I have flashed my omnia i8000 with this ROM and it's really good, (the best) so far, but i have a little problem here. Its when i listen music on Touch player or Windows Media, while i try to unlock the phone it stuck there and i need to restart. It is happening too often and i am a music listener, so i need rly help for this one. Mine rom is 23103 20 july release. thank you....

Never had this issue before

Why don't you try with the latest version?

Guest Ph3nomX
Never had this issue before

Why don't you try with the latest version?

I tryed the latest versions also, but got back on some old ones because i read here on the topic that the old ones are more stable versions...

Guest majmac

I've never had that problem.

Did you do a full cold boot (press reset button ... take battery out etc.) after flashing your phone?

Guest Ph3nomX

I've fixed some registry entries with SKTools and turned off the command "when i intercept a phone call the music after continues", so far it's good, but i don't know for sure if i fixed the problem.... however thx..... Probably its some registry entry bug in the Rom i don't know....

Guest idrak3

Tried to

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Then: Soft Reset

But it like brfore no change :mellow: any suggestion

Edited by idrak3

Guest Ph3nomX
I've never had that problem.

Did you do a full cold boot (press reset button ... take battery out etc.) after flashing your phone?

Yes i did hard-reset after flashing the ROM.

Update: The music player problem still exists.... :S I don't know what to do :S pls help!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest smileplz

hi i have installedand its working great ... thanks alot man i didnt even use any custom roms ... till now i had the official one ,, u rocked ,awesome ...........

buit still there are some small problems like on the today screen the weather has only location from A to D ... i mean till Denmark then after that no list ,,,, any solution for that ?

Guest smileplz

hi i have installedand its working great ... thanks alot man i didnt even use any custom roms ... till now i had the official one ,, u rocked ,awesome ...........

buit still there are some small problems like on the today screen the weather has only location from A to D ... i mean till Denmark then after that no list ,,,, any solution for that ?

Guest DigTalNomad

I need help T.T;;;

I have omnia2( T-Monia, Korean SKT version) and bring it to cambodia

change phone rom, pda rom ,.. it is no problem to use.

i use it a year very well and my wife want it so i gave to her.

but she can't rean korean Language so i tried to change to english

My choice is bellow:

downloader : OCTANS_Downloader_v2.14.exe

CSC:I8000EURJD4.csc

Eboot:Eboot_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.eb0

Phone rom: Phone_I8000XXJD1.bin

PDA ROm:Rapid_JI1_29020_TF3D.nb0 -> it looks very good

Rom flash after can't connect phone network

phone read sim card information but i can't make phone call,

i dialed to someone then can't connect and display " network service is not aVAILABLE"

other function is no problem

i want back to korean rom but i can't enter download mode

I tried to many combination to enter download mode buti can't

Before if i want enter download mode just put call and power buuton.

Now i tried to many combination but it is not working

just go to normal boot

anybody knows how to enter to download mode?

also this version can't not to change usb stroage( therer is no connection menu)

and i tried to change usb stroage use secret code it can't be.

Would please teach me how to enter download mode or method to change another rom flash?

best Regards

Chang JK

Edited by DigTalNomad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest actionboyCZ

I changed somehow contacts on today to calendar (text under application text on today). Do anybody how i did it? Cause I don't know. :-(