Easy to create your lite rom like me...

Guest twu2

it should work.

thanks!

i'm trying to port 23686 XIP/SYS to JG2 by using your JH2_V.4 script, had to delete some duplicate files one by one from SYS_23686 after buildOS has initiated (got some errors about files already existed), but other then that everything seemed fine.

but after i flashed it, i found out that there are some unwanted apps in the new ROM, although i didn't even choose in buildOS. do you know what might cause this problem? thanks again for your help :lol:

but after i flashed it, i found out that there are some unwanted apps in the new ROM, although i didn't even choose in buildOS. do you know what might cause this problem? thanks again for your help :lol:

if just a wrong shortcut, it might create by some .provxml.

if it really exist in the rom... maybe that's new software, not defined in LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt

update a simple documentation for port new SYS/XIP at 1st post.

great guide, thanks. one thing i'm not sure, i extracted your JH2_V.4 script, but i didn't have the zzzMyMod folder. what am i doing wrong?

another question for english rom, the 23686 SYS i got have 0409 and common folders, according to your guide, only need to copy the contents of common folder to SYS_23686 or from both 0409 and common?

great guide, thanks. one thing i'm not sure, i extracted your JH2_V.4 script, but i didn't have the zzzMyMod folder. what am i doing wrong?

in i8000lite_v4_JH2_CHT.zip.

you can use the old zzzzzMyMod, I only change some string for CHT version here.

in i8000lite_v4_JH2_CHT.zip.

you can use the old zzzzzMyMod, I only change some string for CHT version here.

so i'm guessing that the old zzzzMyMod from older script should work on your JH2_V.4 english too? i have edited above post, please take a look :lol: thanks

another question for english rom, the 23686 SYS i got have 0409 and common folders, according to your guide, only need to copy the contents of common folder to SYS_23686 or from both 0409 and common?

yes. both of them.

Edited by twu2

Guest ANGEL_666

Hi Twu! I have a question. My native language is 0419 (russian). When i trying to apply you script on JH2, all seems to be ok, but after phone bootup, fonts in WM are wery small, and native windows menus are not drawing correct.. If i don't use the script - all OK.. Can you tell me what's i do wrong?

hi, master twu

i'm having this error, can you please tell me what to do? i have already deleted SimTKIT as well as all folders related to CHome, lockscreen and bronze folders in the last few attempts from SYS_xxxxx. thanks

post-422854-1284701765_thumb.png

Guest ANGEL_666
hi, master twu

i'm having this error, can you please tell me what to do? i have already deleted SimTKIT as well as all folders related to CHome, lockscreen and bronze folders in the last few attempts from SYS_xxxxx. thanks

This is because you already have this file in SYS directory. Delete it, coz this file is in zzzzMyMods too.

This is because you already have this file in SYS directory. Delete it, coz this file is in zzzzMyMods too.

that's what i've been thinking since i have already deleted some files, but i just can't find it. do you know which folde should i look for? thanks

Guest ANGEL_666
that's what i've been thinking since i have already deleted some files, but i just can't find it. do you know which folde should i look for? thanks

Go to SYS folder, and then in SQM folder. You will see a folder ''custsat.dll'' - delete it.

if just a wrong shortcut, it might create by some .provxml.

if it really exist in the rom... maybe that's new software, not defined in LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt

hi, master twu

i have tried several times but still having unwanted apps in the finished ROM, such as WM weather, WM money, WM live, etc. and i think they are defined in LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt.

Does the filename exists in the LITE\OEM\xxxxx.txt?

New SYS might have different files for same application. (for example, Office Mobile may change to Office Mobile 2010)

is it ok to just delete those folders in new SYS if i choose not to cook them in the ROM? so i don't have to edit LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt? thanks

is it ok to just delete those folders in new SYS if i choose not to cook them in the ROM? so i don't have to edit LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt? thanks

yes, you can delete them if you don't need them.

add them to LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt will make the script to do it automatic, you don't need to delete them by yourself.

add them to LITE\OEM\xxxx.txt will make the script to do it automatic, you don't need to delete them by yourself.

this is my first time, so i'll just delete them manually :) thanks a lot for your help, 多謝 :lol:

Hi twu2 and all,

I noticed that using the script the lite ROM I can build still has references to opera, although I would want to remove them. Mainly, the folder "\Application Data\Opera9" is full of dirs and files. Is there a way to remove it?

Besides, do you know how to remove in lite ROM the default "hotmail" account in mail application?

Regards.