HYBRID ROM: B7610 6.5.3 XXIL2/JD1

Guest daskalos

Guest cappuccina

Finally got my phone back ;)

And of course had to test your new achievement! Really great Rom... AGAIN ;)

Tested now for a couple of hours and have to say i did not find any bug yet, very stable and responsive. I like the new design of some apps except for the samsung settings (don't like the tabs to be on top) but all in all nice improvements.

Daskalos u really are the man for us B7610 users. ;) Really BIG thanks we all appreciate your work and effort.

Guest shivatink

can i know wat r the applications removed ? do any one flashed it am just downloading....

thanks dasklos u r the rockstar of b7610.....

Guest cappuccina
can i know wat r the applications removed ? do any one flashed it am just downloading....

thanks dasklos u r the rockstar of b7610.....

nothing removed, this is a full rom! with touch wiz etc.

good enough that it works! maybe a lite version will follow???! ;)

Guest Davka

And good thing is it has more free RAM (~80MB) than 6.5 official ROMs ;)

BUG: When I want to choose ring type in Mode Switcher, the applications hangs up.

TO DO: Disable security warning by default

Guest raikon

First of all, Thanks for your hard work daskalos.

I installed this new Rom last night and i've been testing it.

Problems/bugs/weird things... lol

-Home screens dont work properly on landscape mode.

-T9 settings are not visible or missing.(very important for me)

-My wireless Mac address was FFFFFFFFFFFF. i change it because my wireless router was kicking me out all the time.(dont know if this a comum problem with all users)

-There is a mix between old settings and the new settings screens. For ex: when you clic in the power icon on the large indicator or in the windows status bar you are sent to the older screen POWER.

I searched for that screen in the new settings but its different now.( this is not a problem because everything works, its just funny..)

Wants again daskalos, thanks a lot for your effort.

I really like this rom, my only big problem is the t9.

Edited by raikon

Guest daskalos
First of all, Thanks for your hard work daskalos.

I installed this new Rom last night and i've been testing it.

Problems/bugs/weird things... lol

-Home screens dont work properly on landscape mode.

-T9 settings are not visible or missing.(very important for me)

-My wireless Mac address was FFFFFFFFFFFF. i change it because my wireless router was kicking me out all the time.(dont know if this a comum problem with all users)

-There is a mix between old settings and the new settings screens. For ex: when you clic in the power icon on the large indicator or in the windows status bar you are sent to the older screen POWER.

I searched for that screen in the new settings but its different now.( this is not a problem because everything works, its just funny..)

Wants again daskalos, thanks a lot for your effort.

I really like this rom, my only big problem is the t9.

-Yup Widgets plus is not working properly in landscape, but Titanium and Samsung Today works (maybe because it's from i8000)

- T9 settings can be enabled if you delete a certain entry in the registry, if I remember it , ill post it here

Guest daskalos

oh i remember....

With a registry explorer go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input

Delete "redirect" and soft reset

It will restore Input settings ;)

Guest raikon
oh i remember....

With a registry explorer go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input

Delete "redirect" and soft reset

It will restore Input settings ;)

Daskalos, Thants a lot man.

that worked just fine.

Input settings are visible now. ;)

I will keep testing.

Guest raikon

Another problem.

-When making phone calls and if you move your phone away from your face, the flash will turn on and off.

very annoying.

probably is there some confusion between the light sensor and the camera flash.

Guest daskalos
Another problem.

-When making phone calls and if you move your phone away from your face, the flash will turn on and off.

very annoying.

Yup I noticed that too, I thought my phone exploded when I saw the flash of light when in a call :P

The cause maybe the combination of different drivers, pin-pointing which driver/s will take time...

For the meantime, don't move away the phone until the call is ended ;) until we find a solution

Pls. bear with me, as this is really an experimental ROM to start with. ;)

Keep searching for bugs so that it can be hopefully fixed in the next version ;)

Edited by daskalos

Guest Davka
Another problem.

very annoying.

It's not happening to me. I have IL1 phone/radio part of ROM - maybe this will help to solve this problem.

Guest raikon

ok Daskalos.

Problems 3 ;)

Calculator, Schedule, Unit converter, Smart Search and Media Player.. all this programs work great in portrait,

but when you slide out the keyboard this apps aren't ready for landscape use.

My take on this is that, in some of this apps when you slide out the keyboard the app doesn't know that it needs to rotate. probably some registry tweaking will solve most problems,

or create a new ROM with this apps from b7610 latest. ;) ;)

Guest raikon
It's not happening to me. I have IL1 phone/radio part of ROM - maybe this will help to solve this problem.

thanks Davka.

Just for Future reference, my testing is done in a b7610 with the following firmware:

Pda: B7610nxxil2(Hybrid Rom)

Csc: B7620xebik4

Phone: B7610xxil1

Guest daskalos
ok Daskalos.

Problems 3 ;)

Calculator, Schedule, Unit converter, Smart Search and Media Player.. all this programs work great in portrait,

but when you slide out the keyboard this apps aren't ready for landscape use.

My take on this is that, in some of this apps when you slide out the keyboard the app doesn't know that it needs to rotate. probably some registry tweaking will solve most problems,

or create a new ROM with this apps from b7610 latest. :P ;)

-Media Player works in landscape when keyboard is slided out

For Calculator and Smart Search, you must slide the keyboard out first before launching them if you want them in landscape

The reason is, since they came from I8000 which has no sliding hardware keyboard, they're not "written" to respond with a slide keyboard event. It's like the apps "don't know", what to do when a command instruction (sliding out of keyboard) is executed, so they don't go landscape properly ;)

For Schedule and Unit Converter, let me check if they are missing some landscape graphics...

Guest Davka

Said in bad time. It just happened to me to :/

Guest matdahero

I don't have the flash light problem, but then I notice my screen won't even go black when I have it near my face. I launched the LCDTest.exe and found out that my Proximity Sensor is not working, it stays at "No Detection" no matter how far I covered the sensor with my palm. Is there like a reg tweak to enable it somehow?