thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest thekevster

havent had time for screenshots yet. the ROMs look similar to the ROMs in my CF03 thread, but they have the DC22 taskbar icons instead, which are just more rounded than the ones in CF03.

Guest billmach

I have noticed one strange issue

when starting the phone as normal i

always hit the touch flo button.it kicks over as normal

but about 2mins later it reverts back to the orginal screen

and away from touch flo?

does this everytime

is that weird?

Easy fix

I just flashed over to m2d2...lol

problem fixed... lol

Edited by billmach

Guest ebidar
that's what i was referring to when i said that some programs require the data connection to be setup manually. i have the same problem so i'm pretty sure its a problem in all my DC22 ROMS. i'll fix it when i figure out the problem.

as for the soft key going to the phone dialer, i'm guessing you used M2DC right? M2DC breaks the soft key every time you use it, so you have to click the Flotanium folder in the start menu, then click TFDetacher, then go to TFD Config. change the TouchFlo Left Soft Key to either close or hide TouchFlo, depending on which one you prefer.

Yes I did use M2DC, lol.

BTW thanks for the instructions on how to get back to the way it should.

Edited by ebidar

Guest bobzoron
DC22 Flotanium 23557:

http://www.4shared.com/file/01aHZQ3O/FLASH...um_23557v1.html

DC22 M2D Only 23557:

http://www.4shared.com/file/J7OqyJdY/FLASH...2D_23557v1.html

DC22 Titanium Only 23557:

http://www.4shared.com/file/InJiOCbg/FLASH...um_23557v1.html

don't have time to post screenshots and description right now, but its roughly the same as my CF03 ROMs. will add the other versions as i get them finished and uploaded.

the arrows on the settings screens and the about screen are backwards in the 23551-23557 builds, i have attached a cab to the bottom of this post to fix this. only fixes classicblue which is enabled by default in my ROMs. just install and soft reset.

Kevster, Thanks for a great build. I went back to stock CF03 about 4 months ago after bgill left the scene. Your build got me excited about flashing my omnia again. I loved your cf03 build and have been trying your dc22 build for the past day or so. One thing I'm noticing is that there's still an issue with kinetic scrolling. I notice in a program like file explorer, when I have a long list of files that i can scroll through, if I hit the menu soft key and try to scroll among my list of functions, the kinetic scrolling actually affects the list of files and not the function menu. If the background list is short enough that no scrolling is necessary, then I can scroll within the function menu fine. I've not tried other builds to see if it's an issue there. I don't recall this being an issue in cf03. Just fyi. Otherwise, congrats on an outstanding and rock solid ROM.

Guest thekevster

working on a new version. this one has stock samsung keyboard with black skin. still going to leave in the microsoft keyboard as well though.

build 23563, tellme is working again, google maps 4.1 with working location, File explorer extensions is now working, personalizer 3.0.

going to try to upload later tonight.

Guest MotoShane

@thekevster,

Can you post or give a link to the background image you used in FLASH_DC22_Flotanium_23557v1. I think it's a great wallpaper.

Guest Chimp

Kevster,

That theme in your ROM is gorgeous! The new one with the nice black 3D buttons, black backgrounds, etc. I don't suppose you would/could cab that up so we could just use the theme, could you?? :huh:

Guest thekevster
@thekevster,

Can you post or give a link to the background image you used in FLASH_DC22_Flotanium_23557v1. I think it's a great wallpaper.

Kevster,

That theme in your ROM is gorgeous! The new one with the nice black 3D buttons, black backgrounds, etc. I don't suppose you would/could cab that up so we could just use the theme, could you?? :huh:

i'll work on turning both of them into a theme in a cab tomorrow.

Guest xcapone

EDIT: fixed by a reflash... who knew. hehe.

hey kev,

big fan of your roms. i updated to DC22 last night and of course went with your rom, and then this morning i realized you added a new one. i of course jumped on it. it perfects, however, i am a metropcs user. once upon a time a found a .cab that switches all web and mms settings to work correctly for me, but you see i believe i am having trouble installing the arcsoft portion of the patch. you wouldn't happen to know the cause of this, would you? i have never had an issue with this before. i have the internet working fine, im just not sure if the mms is working. thank you for all your efforts!

Edited by xcapone

Guest lv2bsilly

Its been awhile since Ive been on the I910 forum since I upgraded to the I920. I am updating my old Omnia for my sister just cant decide which rom I need.

I see all these screenshots and I like them I just dont know which one I need to choose.

Guest thekevster
hey kev,

big fan of your roms. i updated to DC22 last night and of course went with your rom, and then this morning i realized you added a new one. i of course jumped on it. it perfects, however, i am a metropcs user. once upon a time a found a .cab that switches all web and mms settings to work correctly for me, but you see i believe i am having trouble installing the arcsoft portion of the patch. you wouldn't happen to know the cause of this, would you? i have never had an issue with this before. i have the internet working fine, im just not sure if the mms is working. thank you for all your efforts!

not sure why that wouldnt be working with this ROM. if you want to share the cab, i can open it up and see what it changes and what it adds so i can try to figure out what may be interfering with it.

Its been awhile since Ive been on the I910 forum since I upgraded to the I920. I am updating my old Omnia for my sister just cant decide which rom I need.

I see all these screenshots and I like them I just dont know which one I need to choose.

titanium is the 1st screenshot. m2d is the 2nd, 5th, and 6th screenshots, all the rest are common through all 3 of the ROMs.

flotanium is both titanium and m2d in a single ROM. its all just a matter of preference.

Guest thekevster

i looked into it and i couldnt find anything that might be interfering with it. try it on stock dc22 and see if it works. if not then its probably a conflict with the dc22 update.

if it only works with CF03, i wouldnt mind cooking up a CF03 version of the ROM you want.

Guest xcapone

Well thank you for the offer, however, I am going to have to pass. DC22 runs so smooth. I feel like it freezes up less, the battery lasts longer, and the screen sensitivity seems well, more sensitive. Call clarity might even be a little better. If someone sends me a picture I've just gotta have, i'll send them in the direction of my email :huh:

Bravo on this ROM, it runs excellent. I see you finally got around to integrating torchbutton and HTC calculator!

My only issue is on the weather on the front page on M2D, but i've never gotten that sucker to work, even after insuring I took every possible step to try to make it work. Must just be a MetroPCS problem. I just use weather updater or what ever it is that mirrors my weather page.

Thanks again!

Guest ebidar

Rom working great, up to now seems more stable than the 57 edition. The new background is nice. No issues as of yet, will keep you posted. Thanks for your hard work. :huh:

Spannville is correct about office 10 not in rom, I almost never use it so didn't notice lol.

Edited by ebidar

Guest Chimp

Kevster,

I decided to try your ROM (instead of my own with your theme) and I like your ROM - I think my DC22 implementation is wrong, since I had problems with my ROM yet yours doesn't have those issues.

Anyway, I see you already have Opera Mobile 10 installed in the ROM. Is there a way to get Opera 10 to be the default browser? That's why I always installed it myself after I flashed, so that I could answer the question to have it be the default browser.

Thanks.

/Chimp

Guest spannville

Kev, this rom is working great man! I seems way faster than the last. I also didnt have any probs with the data connection, the rom is pretty much flawless IMO! Keep up the good work!

Guest robertjm

I just flashed your Flotanium version. Guess I see how people might like the MD2 interface, rather than Titanium. Definitely a different look.

However, I did have one question. Amongst the stuff you removed did you really remove the File Manager? For the life of me, I can't find an icon for it within Start menu.

NEVERMIND: JUST FOUND IT UNDER TOOLS

Edited by robertjm

Guest MotoShane
I just flashed your Flotanium version. Guess I see how people might like the MD2 interface, rather than Titanium. Definitely a different look.

However, I did have one question. Amongst the stuff you removed did you really remove the File Manager? For the life of me, I can't find an icon for it within Start menu.

Click 'Tools'

Guest thekevster
Kevster,

I decided to try your ROM (instead of my own with your theme) and I like your ROM - I think my DC22 implementation is wrong, since I had problems with my ROM yet yours doesn't have those issues.

Anyway, I see you already have Opera Mobile 10 installed in the ROM. Is there a way to get Opera 10 to be the default browser? That's why I always installed it myself after I flashed, so that I could answer the question to have it be the default browser.

Thanks.

/Chimp

i'll look into it and see if i can figure out anything. i'm sure it'll end up being a simple reg edit that can be cabbed up, but i just need to figure out which reg entry it is.

for the fans of the black flip clock, i am adding a cab to the third post.

Guest xcapone
i'll look into it and see if i can figure out anything. i'm sure it'll end up being a simple reg edit that can be cabbed up, but i just need to figure out which reg entry it is.

for the fans of the black flip clock, i am adding a cab to the third post.

hehe black clock was my next question.

you're awesome dude.

Guest Alex_UA
Hey Kev, do you have a cab for Office 10, I think it's missing in the ROM.

+1

Also, has anybody problems with fm radio? I can't get it work. Attached headset but no sound at all. Headset works ok, just checked with Skype. "Speaker On" menu item is disabled....

p.s. Rom is working great, patched touchflo for my city and everything looks well.

Guest gorf1000

Hey Kev, the rom looks great! One note, in the M2D rom you have the link for YouTube on the internet tab but you don't have the app cooked in.