Official B7610NXXJC2 ROM available

Guest Davka

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
downloading it now....

the different i think is jst the CSC wich country could it beh

From what I could figure out from the list of country codes given in i8000 forum, the XEN is for Netherlands and XEE is for Sweden. I also think that this is probably just the JC2 update for different region. But who knows.... at least I don't, I am still trying to figure out Samsung's firmware update strategies :(

Guest Davka

GT-B7610_B7610NXXJC2_B7610NXENJC2_B7610XXJC1_B7610NXENJC2_XX_XEN

All the same as previous JC2 but CSC is new and it's with English keyboard layout. So it's a good thing :(

Guest ls210886

All the same as previous JC2 but CSC is new and it's with English keyboard layout. So it's a good thing :(

can u upload this with english layout? thx

Guest Ignition

Does this mean the keys on the keypad will map correctly ???

because when i installed this original ROM my , ; : ? keys are all mapped wrong and do not correspond to the correct keyboard press....

Guest xbongx
how was it again convert .mst to nb0 ?

Lost the prog for it and cant find it .. :(

just flash it it mini Octan and load it on mst

post-680007-1275201630_thumb.png

Guest wheresmybeam

Hey Ignition. Which country or which CSC did u have on the phone before you flashed? Now I'm wondering if I should not flash CSC or until UK to actually release it.

Guest Ignition

yeah I had UK.....

but now the keyboard doesnt match all the characters correctly... i guess different countries get a different keyboard layout...

Guest ls210886
yeah I had UK.....

but now the keyboard doesnt match all the characters correctly... i guess different countries get a different keyboard layout...

and if i want the phone in italian what i can do? i can select italian language on octans?? the pda part is only english? in the english layout where is the "?"...can someone post a image of english keyboard?

Guest fier03

if u want the phone in italian u have to flash the NXX rom that is multi,an italian CSC like NXX that is even multi and a phone part,i have JC phone and rom but il2 csc just to have my layout for keyboard

Guest Ignition

So now that i upgraded to this stock rom, i installed both the PDA and CSC......

my keyboard is all wrong (not all buttons map to correct symbols) so I wish to now flash back to the original CSC... is this possible ?? to now just flash the CSC part to an older version ??

i am assuming you can mix and match different CSC and PDA versions of the stock firmware ?

Guest pytan77

Hi, Ignition,

Yes, it's possible to revert to an original/older stock CSC while the PDA and Phone parts are of a later release date. The best thing to do may be to look for the latest CSC for your country, then flash it into your phone using OCTANS. Updating the CSC will wipe out your phone's contents, so do backup your stuff before you do any flashing. :(

I encountered this same problem that you're having, and I know how disconcerting it can be to have your keyboard stuffed up...

-PY

So now that i upgraded to this stock rom, i installed both the PDA and CSC......

my keyboard is all wrong (not all buttons map to correct symbols) so I wish to now flash back to the original CSC... is this possible ?? to now just flash the CSC part to an older version ??

i am assuming you can mix and match different CSC and PDA versions of the stock firmware ?

Guest Ignition

awesome.. thanks guys... will flash a previous CSC tonight with Octans Mini.. will finally get my keyboard back to normal... :(

Guest ls210886
awesome.. thanks guys... will flash a previous CSC tonight with Octans Mini.. will finally get my keyboard back to normal... :(

how much is the free ram after soft reset without background program?=? thx

Guest joker_75
how much is the free ram after soft reset without background program?=? thx

after softreset i got 54mb

a few hours later 25~35 mb

and after a few days when i start igo it says "running out of mem"

than i had to restart my omnia and it works fine for some days

Guest Klimto
after softreset i got 54mb

a few hours later 25~35 mb

and after a few days when i start igo it says "running out of mem"

than i had to restart my omnia and it works fine for some days

You can get rid of this if you disable the windows default lockscreen. This is the thing that's eating memory.

Guest joker_75
You can get rid of this if you disable the windows default lockscreen. This is the thing that's eating memory.

thats interesting

what should i use instead?

i need a lockscreen

Guest Klimto
thats interesting

what should i use instead?

i need a lockscreen

Well you can use the windows classic one. Or use something like S2U2. I would recommend S2U2 because it's fully customizable. Altough some people don't like it because it doesn't lock the camera button :)

• 4 weeks later...