U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest Josh04

It'd be quite a maths-y undertaking, but it may well be possible - if fastboot is misaligning the partitions - to hex edit the images together such that when fastboot flashes them, they line up. Probably a ridiculous idea.

Guest BigBearMDC
It'd be quite a maths-y undertaking, but it may well be possible - if fastboot is misaligning the partitions - to hex edit the images together such that when fastboot flashes them, they line up. Probably a ridiculous idea.

That's a really good idea!

But unfortunately there are checksums in that files, disallowing us to edit them :P

I already tried to HEX-edit the system image, with the effect that flashing abborted with an 'flash error'.

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest DanWilson
It would be required, but I think it's not possible to drop enough to fit the Pulse :P

You're right...

"E: No signature (1548 files)"

All I did was delete language packs...

So what about your other idea, the "Unpack the amon-ra recovery using split_bootimg.pl, add your kernel, repack it and flash it.

It will then be working like a charm " bit?

Guest Spooke
You're right...

So what about your other idea, the "Unpack the amon-ra recovery using split_bootimg.pl, add your kernel, repack it and flash it.

Hes talking to the other guy, who has a problem with his U8220-6, nothing to do with 2.1 I believe :P :D

Guest MarcusHenrique
OH, okay, got it :D

Unpack the amon-ra recovery using split_bootimg.pl, add your kernel, repack it and flash it.

It will then be working like a charm :P

But don't flash the original amon-ra without your kernel in it, it will screw up your TS :P

Allright then, I'll do that @home with my pretty new Ubuntu :P

What about the t-mob's december update? Can someone confirm if I can run it on my U8220-6?

Guest BigBearMDC
You're right...

Yeah you have to resign it after you modified it.

Google for "android testsign" :P

Oh sorry, that repacking thing was only related to Marcus, as he has problems with the amon-ra recovery image.

This has nothing to do with Eclair, sorry.

Guest BigBearMDC
Allright then, I'll do that @home with my pretty new Ubuntu :D

What about the t-mob's december update? Can someone confirm if I can run it on my U8220-6?

Well just try it.

If you have the original ROM, of course.

Trying it with the MCR is not a good idea (because of the version strings).

If you have the stock ROM installed and you're trying to apply the dec update, it will fail if your phone model is not supported.

So if you have to stock ROM installed, feel free to try to flash the dec update :P

Guest BigBearMDC
I am sooooo confused now

Hmm Okay, I'll open up a new thread called "Pulse Eclair ROM discussion thread"

Any other suggestions (topic name)?

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest DanWilson
Hes talking to the other guy, who has a problem with his U8220-6, nothing to do with 2.1 I believe :P :D

Yeah you have to resign it after you modified it.

Google for "android testsign" :P

Oh sorry, that repacking thing was only related to Marcus, as he has problems with the amon-ra recovery image.

This has nothing to do with Eclair, sorry.

Ah right.. Feel so full of fail. Again. :D

But still, happy thoughts! How small does the, wait, what bit do we need to shrink? And be how much? :P

Regarding topic name, cant you edit it later? So just call it whatever. "Bobos awesome 2.1 Pulse ROM - Discussion" sounds well wicked though! :D

Edited by DanWilson

Guest dodge-167
Hmm Okay, I'll open up a new thread called "Pulse Eclair ROM discussion thread"

Any other suggestions (topic name)?

U8220 2.1 Thread, simple and clean :P

Guest MarcusHenrique
Well just try it.

If you have the original ROM, of course.

Trying it with the MCR is not a good idea (because of the version strings).

If you have the stock ROM installed and you're trying to apply the dec update, it will fail if your phone model is not supported.

So if you have to stock ROM installed, feel free to try to flash the dec update :P

That's great, I'll try, from there I'll be able to apply a MCR for the first time! =D

So, if dec update works at my mobile it's the solution for all my struggles since I got my U8220? Can't believe it's that easy! =/