14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

If you get an insufficient permissions error in Linux...

./adb-linux kill-server
sudo ./adb-linux start-server
sudo ./recovery-linux.sh[/code]

P

Guest Lesleyv
Well, I'm getting the permission error, but it's not related to su in Linux. I'm not getting to the recovery screen correctly. I'm getting a black screen with a red triangle when choosing RECOVERY :huh:

That's good and then you have to go to terminal and type sudo su and hit enter and then type ./recovery-linux.sh in the dir where your files are.

Guest toxxico
Copy the 'rooted update' you downloaded above to the root of your SD card, before replacing it into your device.

In this step. do I just copy the downloaded zip file into the root of the SD card or do I extract the zip file into the root of the SD card.

Guest dennusb
If you get an insufficient permissions error in Linux...

./adb-linux kill-server

sudo ./adb-linux start-server

sudo ./recovery-linux.sh

P

Do i need the ADB or something installed under ubuntu?

Or is an standard Ubuntu install good?

Guest dreamdealer

im stuck in the linux command shell on virtual box, ran the script from the push files folder but says adb-linux does not exist even though its in the folder any help pls stuck on the red triangle at the moment. thanks in advance.

Guest Kopfgeldjaeger
im stuck in the linux command shell on virtual box, ran the script from the push files folder but says adb-linux does not exist even though its in the folder any help pls stuck on the red triangle at the moment. thanks in advance.

Type "ls" to see if that file exists there.

Or type "sudo killall adb", "sudo ./adb root" and then what you need. Worked for me.

Cheers

Guest maati

I'm getting "device not found" under Knoppix 6.2. How can I make Linux recognize the device?

I have tried Ubuntu, but that gives me "adb-linux; file not found" despite that the file is definitely there.

Edited by maati

Guest kboya
A2SD now available in the second post! :huh:

P

'kin 'ell,

you are unbelievable!!

I just dl'd the root, and now a2sd is available.

Yowza-wowza

brilliant work--you are truly desirable (yuk, yuk, yuk... see what I did there?!)

Guest mixan

Paul, now i have not PC with linux.

Can i with windows version adb do this:

adb push files /

adb shell busybox --install /sbin

adb shell recovery &

or its imposible?

Thanks anyway!

Edited by mixan

Guest ssozonoff

Hmmmm

Worked for me :-)

Seems I cried victory too soon.

Looks like it has hung during the last phase of copying off the SD card. Its been > 30 minuites now :-(

Paul, can I interrupt the process ?

Will try again.

Serge

Edited by ssozonoff

Guest xrrkrrkx

maybe im just really thick, BUT, didnt it say in the pre-req's to have a windows pc?

then i dont find any way to follow the guide a few steps in if you are on a windows pc...

HELP ME PLEASE....

i am stuck on the red triangle screen.

win 7

Edited by xrrkrrkx

Guest Kopfgeldjaeger

I'm stuck in HBOOT recovery mod (accidently... don't ask) - how can i quit? I tried power, vol-down/up, back etc., but they don't work. I don't want to rip out the battery...

Already rooted!

Guest dennusb
I'm stuck in HBOOT recovery mod (accidently... don't ask) - how can i quit? I tried power, vol-down/up, back etc., but they don't work. I don't want to rip out the battery...

Already rooted!

It took my a few times to get the volume buttons working in HBOOT mode.

Reboot it once will help :huh: