New oficial firmware (04-28-10) + instructions how to flash

Guest godoyster
i have some problem

i have do all the steps before i'm using windows 7

but this only messege apear on octan downloader

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&3c9046b&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

please help me

sorry for bad languge

thanks

probably you don´t have full battery charge... I follow the steps now and have the same problem (message) than you (I never had it... it was weird... :huh: ), than I realize that the only diference from today to the day that I got flash my OMNIA 2, is that my battery power is so low now... so probably is that.

try again with full power (close the program and do the steps again) and post the results here.

hope you got flash your phone

best!

Guest xenothrix

i have just flashed to JD3. Thanks for the heads-up.

however, i would like to know whether the phone part is universal as in operation in any part of the world irregardless of the phone's location. reason being, i notice 3g signal pickup since JD1 seems weak and i am suspecting it's the reason behind shorter battery life of JD1 when compare to IJ9. On IJ9, I did not experience "unreachable" time which is caused by the phone loosing signal (Not even 1 bar signal detected and the phone doesn't seems to automatic switch to 2G mode). would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same situation so to speak if it's only my set, then I would send it back to samsung for another checkup.

Guest mad_a_22

ohhhh boy...i have just upgraded my phone from wm 6.1 to wm 6.5.3 using this thread....

6.5.x looks soooo coool....

thanks for sharing this. :P

upgrade works well...makes me nervous. my first time. :D

Edit:

ok i have a bit of a problem here..when i tried to install spb the words just suddenly change...its not english any more...how do i change this?

i have

PDA: I8000NXXJD3

CSC: I8000XEEJD5

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

if im not wrong only the CSC must be changed to English version right. can somebody give me a copy. plsss

Edited by mad_a_22

Guest godoyster
ohhhh boy...i have just upgraded my phone from wm 6.1 to wm 6.5.3 using this thread....

6.5.x looks soooo coool....

thanks for sharing this. :P

upgrade works well...makes me nervous. my first time. :D

Edit:

ok i have a bit of a problem here..when i tried to install spb the words just suddenly change...its not english any more...how do i change this?

i have

PDA: I8000NXXJD3

CSC: I8000XEEJD5

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

if im not wrong only the CSC must be changed to English version right. can somebody give me a copy. plsss

that´s weird, it never happen to me.

anyway, this CSC is multilanguage, so you don´t need to flash a new one. go to "settings", "general settings", "more" and "language change", than you choose english. when you do that, it will hard reset your phone.

hope you could fix this.

Guest koldad

So i flashed this one. first flash ever i have dione and it seems ot have worked. My problem is I am bell and when i try to get opera or any data to go it tries to connect to services.telenor.se where it used to say something.bell.ca. Is there somewhere i can change this back so i can get data?

Guest abuali64

Hi, I'm new @ this & want to flash my I8000 and this the my firmware

PDA: I8000JPIJ3

CSC: I8000XSGIJ4

Phone: I8000XXIJ2

Can I use this firmware to upgrade my Omnia II

Cheers :P

Guest Rapid81
No it's NOT.

How is it possible you got a different version then my: 5.2.21883

If the build is 21883 in this ROM, then it's older than JD6. JD6's build number is 21895.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest ErnestoD
If your OMNIA II is unlock, yes, no problem!

If it's lock by some telecom operator, you need to unlock. read this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-i8000-o2-here/

EDIT

that´s not true, according to the user jebise (see post #18), you can flash your phone no matter if it´s lock or not.

I don't know what to do yet. A friend of mine told me that changing the ROM may affect some issue about the 3g speed. The reason is because I (we) live in south amercia and the frecuencies may be different and affect forever the O2 performance.

Thanks again

Guest Georgepalmer20

Hi guys,

I just tried following the instructions at the start of this thread and i can't get it to work.

I run octans 2.14, select the csc and mst files, click on detect. Then i connect my phone... and then a pop-up says WinUSB_Initialize and it all closes.

what am i doing wrong? The same thing happened with octans mini 2.11...

P.s. this is the first flashing i've ever done so a bit nervous and might well be doing something very basic wrong...

Thanks!!

GP

Guest Kaidao

Hi Everyone,

Just came back from the Samsung Service Center in Singapore after doing an s/w upgrade.

The Device & Windows version is as follows

PDA: I8000NXXJC4

CSC: I8000XSOJC3

PHONE: I8000FXJC1

Bluetooth (2.0 + EDR)

S/W: 2.0.32.0.3

H/W: 2.0.12.0.1

Wi-Fi (IEE 802.11 b/g)

S/W: 1.2.8.0

H/W: 1.0

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21895 (Build 21895.5.0.90)

Unfortunately I don't know how to extract the ROM.

I am pretty sure there are many Singapore users who do or even other countries might have it as well.

It is no long using the "Main Menu" but rather the iPhone like menu that someone posted the video of for its speed in previous forum threads which have not found back.

Guest godoyster
So i flashed this one. first flash ever i have dione and it seems ot have worked. My problem is I am bell and when i try to get opera or any data to go it tries to connect to services.telenor.se where it used to say something.bell.ca. Is there somewhere i can change this back so i can get data?

you have to manually add your data account of your telecom operator (you have to contact them to ask about the configurations)

how to add (in bold the settings you must ask your telecom operator):

1. go to "settings", "network settings", "view more", "conections", "advanced", "select networks" and "new"

2. enter a name for this new profile and touch "ok"(any name, it really doesn't matter)

3. select this new profile and touch "edit" them "new" (for create a new connection)

4. enter a name for this new connection (any name, it really doesn't matter)

5. select a modem - (in my case it's "celular line (GPRS)")

6. touch "next"

7. type your access point name/adress and touch "next" (in my case it's "zap.vivo.com.br")

8. type the user name and password

9. ask your telecom operator if they have any special configuration to do (in my case it's just that... nothing else)

10. touch "finish"

hope this can help you.

best,

Guest godoyster
Hi, I'm new @ this & want to flash my I8000 and this the my firmware

PDA: I8000JPIJ3

CSC: I8000XSGIJ4

Phone: I8000XXIJ2

Can I use this firmware to upgrade my Omnia II

Cheers :P

yeap! with octans you can flash any rom in your Omnia II, no matter the previously rom...

Guest godoyster
I don't know what to do yet. A friend of mine told me that changing the ROM may affect some issue about the 3g speed. The reason is because I (we) live in south amercia and the frecuencies may be different and affect forever the O2 performance.

Thanks again

first, jebise was right, last week I flash my OmniaII's friend (that is locked by some telecom operator) with this new firmware. No problem at all!

about this 3G question, I never heard about it... I live in Brazil (south america) and never had a problem with the 3G speed or something related. I already flash my phone many times with many samsung's firmwares and some HTC's firmwares (that modaco's experts crack to omnia II).

I know that 3G frequency is different in some countries, but it's more related about the frequency your phone can work then the firmware you use (I have a friend here in brazil that have a HD2 and use the operator "claro", he cannot use 3G because the frequency of the phone is not compatible with his telecom frequency... his data speed is very low...).

Ask your firend more details about this and post here :P

Guest godoyster
Hi guys,

I just tried following the instructions at the start of this thread and i can't get it to work.

I run octans 2.14, select the csc and mst files, click on detect. Then i connect my phone... and then a pop-up says WinUSB_Initialize and it all closes.

what am i doing wrong? The same thing happened with octans mini 2.11...

P.s. this is the first flashing i've ever done so a bit nervous and might well be doing something very basic wrong...

Thanks!!

GP

what windows do you use? if you are running windows 7 or Vista you must follow exactly as the tutorial said for installing samsung modem... other thing, when you plug your phone, did you turn it off before? it´s not gonna work if your phone is turn on.

Guest godoyster
Hi Everyone,

Just came back from the Samsung Service Center in Singapore after doing an s/w upgrade.

The Device & Windows version is as follows

PDA: I8000NXXJC4

CSC: I8000XSOJC3

PHONE: I8000FXJC1

Bluetooth (2.0 + EDR)

S/W: 2.0.32.0.3

H/W: 2.0.12.0.1

Wi-Fi (IEE 802.11 b/g)

S/W: 1.2.8.0

H/W: 1.0

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21895 (Build 21895.5.0.90)

Unfortunately I don't know how to extract the ROM.

I am pretty sure there are many Singapore users who do or even other countries might have it as well.

It is no long using the "Main Menu" but rather the iPhone like menu that someone posted the video of for its speed in previous forum threads which have not found back.

I don't know either...

but probably this firmware is available in the samsung firmware downloader (see the first post how to download and use). to search easily, in product model choose XSO (from singapure).

best,

Guest Trekman168
I don't know either...

but probably this firmware is available in the samsung firmware downloader (see the first post how to download and use). to search easily, in product model choose XSO (from singapure).

best,

Hi, what's the difference between v6.5 and v6.5.3?

Guest ryan9099

Hey,

I am trying to install the usb modem, i am on windows 7 but the drivers do not seem to be picked up in the file given above and then OCTANS cannot see the phone can anyone help?

Thanks

Guest godoyster
Hi, what's the difference between v6.5 and v6.5.3?

not much... it's more "finger friendly", you can choose the order of the icons in windows start menu, and... that's it... well, in some cases you will have more free ram available too. for me the 6.5.3 is more fast and "bug less"... but some people said that 6.5.3 is junk... anyway, install and make your own conclusions...

Guest godoyster
Hey,

I am trying to install the usb modem, i am on windows 7 but the drivers do not seem to be picked up in the file given above and then OCTANS cannot see the phone can anyone help?

Thanks

did you follow the instructions to install the modem? on windows 7 you must do exactly as the steps in the first post, or it will not work. give more details about how you install the modem.

Guest ziadia

Hi every one,

Just flash my Omnia II and its work good. Only one issue I found that is GPS XTRA option. Actually XTRA is not save your changes from Samsung Settings application. So I did a little tweak in registry and XTRA is working now. The tweak is:

HKLM\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA

Now change above values:

XTRARoaming 0 to 1

UseSNTP 0 to 1

Enable 0 to 1

If you need auto download option then

use AutoDownloadWiFi, AutoDownloadActiveSync and AutoDownload 0 to 1

Thats it. Now go to settings>gps>xtra seetings are enabled and ready for use.

My GPS now work like charming.

Sorry for bad english. :P

Guest strikeruy

Yesteday I installed

But i've seriuos problem with the languaje.

I choose spanish in octante and the windows it's in spanish

But, When I install some software (Garmin Mobile XT for example), the instalation it's in some unknown language. I could installed anyway, but now, the setup only has this language to select from:

Altid

Foresporg

Deaktiveret

¿?

I don't know how to follow.

Somebody has a spanish rom?

Thanks!.

Guest godoyster
Yesteday I installed

But i've seriuos problem with the languaje.

I choose spanish in octante and the windows it's in spanish

But, When I install some software (Garmin Mobile XT for example), the instalation it's in some unknown language. I could installed anyway, but now, the setup only has this language to select from:

Altid

Foresporg

Deaktiveret

¿?

I don't know how to follow.

Somebody has a spanish rom?

Thanks!.

you have to change your regional settings... the regional settings "determine" to windows what country you are, them when you try to install a program that is multilanguage (like garmin), the program look at regional settings of your windows what country your are, them will install the program in the language of that country (if it's available). In my case, when I install garmim it install in "portuguese brazil", but my windows is in english.

go to:

- settings

- system

- regional settings

- choose your country

- ok

- soft reset

- enjoy!!