nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest jeffrey2000
Can you show me a beauty skin of the lower buttons? The default one is really ... :D

The default one is really round :P I can make it disappear or change it to whatever ur want (shape/color) tell me what u want and I make it for ya... transparancy only works on the start screen and titanium.

Guest ahchua

Hi,

Anyone have problem with activesync? When I connect my O2 via USB to my PC and when it try to connect to Window mobile center, it hang....

Guest Laruku Jr.
This rom is very good and fast! i love it!

One question, it seems that sense not support Thai language, it can't shows Thai text in tab such as contact and message, how can i fix it?

Danung, I don't a problem with Thai language. You can see from my screen captures.

ebc489d.pnged6f444.png

How do you flash your device? :P

Guest harrypotter222
Tried ur 6.5 sense rom for a couple of days and must say it's nice but I missed the advantages of 6.5.5 (overal speed/buttons below which can be edited to whatever u like/outlook conversations and some other things).

So now you've finished/corrected your sense installer I went back the latest 6.5.5 (lite) rom and installed ur sense cab and it works great on it, faster then on ur new rom in fact but that's due 6.5.5) and didn't have any problems playing movies files (which are bigger then 100MB) with the new(er) touchplayer and HTC location works aswell so great work on the rom and sesne cab nOObody/Rapid!!!!

For the people interested... I'm using Gary Crutcher's "GC_JD3_23563_Lite.nb0" 6.5.5 lite rom with the Separate Sense 2.5 Installer by nOObody/Rapid.

Oh btw forgot to say... The default newer samsung dialer works on the htc contacts now (so video call works aswell) so great work!!!!

Some observations...

I loaded the same ]GC_JD3_23563_Lite.nb0 with the Separate Sense 2.5 Installer.

Most functions work. Notice the UI performance is a bit slower than the Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM (NXXJD6)

Guest Rapid81
Hi,

Anyone have problem with activesync? When I connect my O2 via USB to my PC and when it try to connect to Window mobile center, it hang....

Read, man! Read!

i tested the rom 4.1 version... after install everything finish.. i can't connect to internet...

Did you flashed CSC?

Guest jebise

amazing dude using it on tw2 JD1 ROM and it works amazing all tabs and everything work fine. Its a bit slow in response but nothing to major, the only issue i have is when i go into the settings some of the submenu are blank some load after 3-4 seconds but a few of them just stay blank such as SD and Phone storage. Also my location just dose not update the weather i added a new city and change it and that works fine but it wold be cool if it updated depending on my location. Maybe it because i'm Canadian.

Guest Rapid81

I'm still working on the ROM. I can achieve this, what you're see on the screenshot. Million thanx to sinancetinkaya for the help!

This version in alpha phase. Still have problems with it. I don't know when I'll release it.

post-624700-1273259584_thumb.png

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
amazing dude using it on tw2 JD1 ROM and it works amazing all tabs and everything work fine. Its a bit slow in response but nothing to major, the only issue i have is when i go into the settings some of the submenu are blank some load after 3-4 seconds but a few of them just stay blank such as SD and Phone storage. Also my location just dose not update the weather i added a new city and change it and that works fine but it wold be cool if it updated depending on my location. Maybe it because i'm Canadian.

The problems because you installed the Sense, not flashed our ROM. I mentioned it in the 2nd post. Just nobody reads it, ever. :P

Guest jebise

The thing is i don't want to use your ROM it has apps that i do not want. I just want a lite ROM with sence 2.5 and nothing more will have to try kydkylin ROM.

Guest Rapid81
The thing is i don't want to use your ROM it has apps that i do not want. I just want a lite ROM with sence 2.5 and nothing more will have to try kydkylin ROM.

Yeah, I saw he's released it. We discussed it before. :P

Guest WH168

Thank you so much Rapid, what a wonderful ROM.

I flushed yesterday and so far so good.

Just a bit memory leakage. Start from 70MB free and quickly go down to 50.

Down to 40MB with a couple of activities. (Check weather, run a couple of programs etc.)

Overall, it's smooth. Really a great job!!!

I'll report more if I found anything.

Appreciate your hard work and all the best.

Guest jebise

yeah don't get me wrong this is amazing work. Just don't like the ROM. Hopefully you keep working on this and give us updates with less memory leaks and lower RAM usage. But great work non the less

Guest Rapid81
yeah don't get me wrong this is amazing work. Just don't like the ROM. Hopefully you keep working on this and give us updates with less memory leaks and lower RAM usage. But great work non the less

That's what I want to talk about. :P I succesfully ported the JD1 native kernel to the ROM. Now the available memory is 161MB with 6MB PagePool and after SR is 76-78MB. I can't go with it below 60MB. And after I left the phone alone, the free RAM went back to 72MB. I just need a little bit more testing.

And in the latest release of wes58's romtool has an option what's maybe fix the KIES problems and I hope the AS problems too.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jebise

well what i want to know is why are you porting the kernal? why not just use the official JD3 ROM or tw2 JD3 ROM? add sence 2.5 and release it with different pp versions. I read a comment from you maybe in this thread that 6.5.3 has screen alignment issues, yes this was the case but has been fixed since JD1. So i recommend when you release a new version please just use the latest lite ROM (such as tw2 JD3) and please don't add any apps to it other then maybe opera 10.

Only thing keeping me from using your ROM is the pre loaded apps.

Edited by jebise

Guest Rapid81
well what i want to know is why are you porting the kernal? why not just use the official JD3 ROM or tw2 JD3 ROM? add sence 2.5 and release it with different pp versions. I read a comment from you maybe in this thread that 6.5.3 has screen alignment issues, yes this was the case but has been fixed since JD1. So i recommend when you release a new version please just use the latest lite ROM (such as tw2 JD3) and please don't add any apps to it other then maybe opera 10.

Only thing keeping me from using your ROM is the pre loaded apps.

Like I mentioned before many times, I hate 6.5.X ROMs. And this ROM was created for my own use with apps what I use. That's it. Nothing else. I don't want to install the programs separately, because I hate set the ROM after flash through hours. In that way, only thing what I need to set is the ringtones and the wallpapers.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
makes sense your ROM your rules.

BTW, not much apps included. Total Commander, SoftReset, Opera 10, MS My Phone and O2Flash. That's all.

Google Maps comes with the Sense and the others too (Facebook, twitter, etc.)

Guest jebise

yeah its also 6.5 i like 6.5.3 better, also is there any way we can link the alarm clock app with touch clock? i like using samsung touch clock because of the snoose and other options. I haven't been able to get it to work with any UI tried WAD SPB etc. It no big deal it would be nice to see what upcoming alarm is in the home screen.

I have a few questions;

Can we customize sense 2.5 with themes like GTX?

Edited by jebise

Guest JasonMa

hi, just flashed v4.1

everything is ok (internet, outlook sychronizing, etc)

but the only problem is, i can send mms to my friends, they have received, but i can not recieve.....any idea???

Guest kydkylin
yeah its also 6.5 i like 6.5.3 better, also is there any way we can link the alarm clock app with touch clock? i like using samsung touch clock because of the snoose and other options. I haven't been able to get it to work with any UI tried WAD SPB etc. It no big deal it would be nice to see what upcoming alarm is in the home screen.

Actually, you can do this after installing Co0kie.HomeTab v1.6.1 and CHTEditor v1.6.1.Google them on the internet.

Guest Faisal Rz
hi, just flashed v4.1

everything is ok (internet, outlook sychronizing, etc)

but the only problem is, i can send mms to my friends, they have received, but i can not recieve.....any idea???

The same happened to me,,, can send can not receive MMS.

But the others all worked fine.

Fresh ram 71 mb, after a few hours to 40 MB but not a problem for me.

rafid thanks, great job

Guest jebise
Actually, you can do this after installing Co0kie.HomeTab v1.6.1 and CHTEditor v1.6.1.Google them on the internet.

great i will try it out, but i want to actaully change the alarm icon on the home screen to not have a new tab. The other thing i noticed is that we have no notfactions like missed calls and text message etc.

Guest mat226

and is there any way to increase sense item (like clock) quality? it has some pink noise on clock...maybe because of 256...color support?!!

Edited by mat226