nOObody and Rapid Sense 2.5 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest Laruku Jr.

Rapid81, I want to thank you very much. Your Sense 2.5 is really fast and stable. I think it is the best in the ROM market (of i8000 :D ). I have installed successfully without any errors with Windows 7 32bit. Just want to share the steps with the others. They are as belows:

1. Uninstall Microsoft Mobile Device Center by going to Control Panel --> Programs and features --> right click on it and uninstall

2. Open Octans 2.14 --> Choose eboot (I prefer JD6), PDA (Sense 2.5 JD6) and CSC (mine is CSC_I8000THLJB1)

3. Click on "Detect" button on Octans

4. Shutdown your device and plug it in via USB sync cable

5. Click on "Start Downloading" button on Octans

6. Wait..Wait..and Wait

7. Your device automatically startup, wait until it restart again and you are at align screen

8. Hard reset

9. Your device automatically startup, wait until it restart again and you are at align screen

10. Align your screen and that's it. Your device is ready for synchronization

11. Make sure you unplug the USB cable from PC

12. Install Microsoft Mobile Device Center back

13. Plug the cable back in to PC and setup connection with your device

14. Bravo!! The further steps is up to you now.

Enjoy with Rapid81 and nOObody magic!! :P

Edited by Laruku Jr.

Guest h4x0r3d

i can't connect to facebook ,i try with wifi ,with active syng but nothing connection error , any help

hey Rapid81 the rom is fantastic and very fast good job :P

Guest miata75

Rapid81, I want to thank you very much. Your Sense 2.5 is really fast and stable. I think it is the best in the ROM market (of i8000 :D ). I have installed successfully without any errors with Windows 7 32bit. Just want to share the steps with the others. They are as belows:

1. Uninstall Microsoft Mobile Device Center by going to Control Panel --> Programs and features --> right click on it and uninstall

2. Open Octans 2.14 --> Choose eboot (I prefer JD6), PDA (Sense 2.5 JD6) and CSC (mine is CSC_I8000THLJB1)

3. Click on "Detect" button on Octans

4. Shutdown your device and plug it in via USB sync cable

5. Click on "Start Downloading" button on Octans

6. Wait..Wait..and Wait

7. Your device automatically startup, wait until it restart again and you are at align screen

8. Hard reset

9. Your device automatically startup, wait until it restart again and you are at align screen

10. Align your screen and that's it. Your device is ready for synchronization

11. Make sure you unplug the USB cable from PC

12. Install Microsoft Mobile Device Center back

13. Plug the cable back in to PC and setup connection with your device

14. Bravo!! The further steps is up to you now.

Enjoy with Rapid81 and nOObody magic!! :P

Thank you all for your precious help.

No need to select "phone" and "Movinand" in Octans in order to install this ROM? Just e-boot, CSC and PDA?

Thanks!!

Guest Rapid81
Thank you all for your precious help.

No need to select "phone" and "Movinand" in Octans in order to install this ROM? Just e-boot, CSC and PDA?

Thanks!!

Eboot also not needed.

i can't connect to facebook ,i try with wifi ,with active syng but nothing connection error , any help

hey Rapid81 the rom is fantastic and very fast good job :P

Please, read the first 3 posts before ask.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest fifd2005
Try this. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\UAsetting. If Activate is set to 1, change it to 0 and soft reset. The 'Data Connection' setting should pop up. It worked for me. Using EIJD5 CSC. Was browsing through several CSCs and found this key to be interesting.

Unfotunately this doesnt worked forme

I am using JD9 CSC should I change

Guest manost

Rapid i want to thank you for your rom.

At last i managed to setup my facebook profile with the MS MyPhone trick and i also installed the htc slide to answer.

One question: Where do i have to put an .mp3 so i set it as my alarm clock? I have them in My documents directory but there aren't in the list!

Guest JezzyJeff
What I linked in the first post is the original JD9 CSC. I never touched any CSC, ever.

Ok i got another problem right now. it's possible to flash the rom, it starts and works right after flashing. but once i do a soft reset it wont boot anymore. same as before, i see the boot logo but after that the screen remains black. only possible thing for me to do is turn on and off the phone that's it... still no clue, no solution? tried every trick so far mentioned in the thread.... i'd really love to use the rom but somebody doesnt seem to want me to... :P

Guest rossini
Ok i got another problem right now. it's possible to flash the rom, it starts and works right after flashing. but once i do a soft reset it wont boot anymore. same as before, i see the boot logo but after that the screen remains black. only possible thing for me to do is turn on and off the phone that's it... still no clue, no solution? tried every trick so far mentioned in the thread.... i'd really love to use the rom but somebody doesnt seem to want me to... :P

yeah.... you are not alone... I've that problem too... already coment about that a few topics back.

To get the phone back into normal I do hard reset with holding the hard butons (volume up + lock + talk + end).

The last time it ocurred with me was about two days.

Guest JezzyJeff
yeah.... you are not alone... I've that problem too... already coment about that a few topics back.

To get the phone back into normal I do hard reset with holding the hard butons (volume up + lock + talk + end).

The last time it ocurred with me was about two days.

Yeah i've read that... but there must be a different solution instead of hard-resetting your phone everytime you want to do a soft reset... besides that not so useful :P

Guest jebise

may i recommand one thing? It would be helpful if you use gary's or tw2 lite ROM and just add sence 2.5 to it and release it. I'm actually looking for tw2 ROM wth just sences. Yes i know i can just use the cab but there must still b e some issues.

Guest bratboo

Hi Rapid,

Thanks for the ROM it was fast and last at least two days of everyday use, but unfortunately I got some problems.

I flashed JD6 ROM together with CSC JD9 and choosed XEU.

1. Time didn't match with my computer on Active Sycn. (Although I already use the weather update and pinpoint me where am I, My location still didn't change and causes my time to be offset) Any solutions?

2. Time also offset from Threaded SMS and Call Log. When I changed my time the only time that was changed was my outgoing and all my incoming was still offset.

3. Sliding Tab a bit buggy? After sending SMS and tried to slide to home it pressed Messages. "Or maybe it was my fault, well I'll post this one anyways :P"

4. Facebook and Tweeter are working fine, I just got a question though when I update the only update that was shown was what I last posted and nothing else. Was that natural?

Thanks! More Power ot your ROM!

Guest Faidz Jalil

Hi Rapid,

Would like to thank you for this great ROM! It is stable.

I got a question. Is there anyway to disable the weather forecast? I don't like having the weather on my Home tab.

Thanks.

Guest willis111
may i recommand one thing? It would be helpful if you use gary's or tw2 lite ROM and just add sence 2.5 to it and release it. I'm actually looking for tw2 ROM wth just sences. Yes i know i can just use the cab but there must still b e some issues.

imo I'd toss it into sinans hybrid kitchen and mass produce ....

Guest juanenbas

Hi to all, Please anybody help me !!!!

Wich any rom I have to download for my I8000L ??

I see a lot of files to download in 4shared but I don`t know What have I do with all this ??

I need to download the the naked free roms JD6 ??? + Sense 2.5 JD6 ??? + TF3D JD6 ??, is anybody can help with this I very thanks

Regards

Juan Carlos from Argentina

Guest Miguel Singson
You need to find a full installer for the Samsung keyboard, because just I mentioned in the first post, I removed all keyboards except the english.

But, I don't know your CSC why not install your keyboard layout. Because the hungarian CSC installs the hungarian for me.

I found an unpacked JC1 on my notebook. I ripping the layouts now. I'll create a cab for you soon.

I don't have that kind of thing. I never meet with that.

Unpack the CAB, and copy the contents to the \Windows, and SR.

CHT 1.7.X is really buggy. The Home Layout editor full of bugs and froze on HTC devices too. That's not the ROMs fault. :P

ah i used CHT 1.7.x ill revert to 1.6 then hehe thanks!

Guest Rapid81
How can I watch YOUTUBE... Opera could not open youtube videos...

Youtube player was removed. I mentioned it in the first post.

Yeah i've read that... but there must be a different solution instead of hard-resetting your phone everytime you want to do a soft reset... besides that not so useful :P

Flash with Octans 2.14 not Octans Mini. Octans Mini not a great idea. It mess up everything.

imo I'd toss it into sinans hybrid kitchen and mass produce ....

What do you doing with that kitchen? I hope you're not ripping my ROM apart!

Hi Rapid,

Would like to thank you for this great ROM! It is stable.

I got a question. Is there anyway to disable the weather forecast? I don't like having the weather on my Home tab.

Thanks.

I don't know about. I think you cannot turn off the weather on the home.

I don't understand why people not understand! I've done this ROM for my own use, with the programs what I use, because I hate the light ROMs, because nothing in there! I hate searching for something what's in the official ROMs, because the light ROM's creator removed everything from his ROM. I did this ROM, because I hate installing the necessary applications over and over for hours after flashing. I put everything together and I need to set just the background and the ringtones! No additional application needed to install. This saves my time and saves space on the O2.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest flopyro

i've installed it yesterday, and it works fine(i've installed it widouth CSC), facebook is working (i could login ot it .. but I don't see any updates).

i have the AS problem , i hope to get it working today.

but i have a few questions:

do you know where i can find "Comunities" cab, so that when i take a photo, i can upload it directly to Facebook, or Flickr, MySpace...

and there waz another thing ... but i cant remember right now :P

and in the Sense UI, by the SMS, when u tap on a message, u go in to HTC-s message interface, and if u whant to write a reply, you message text "shrinks" then the keyboard pops up, is that normal ?

but great rom ! nice one

Guest sioppao

i actually didnt have problems with AS or facebook or anything else that was mentioned. it is a very good ROM.

although from flashing back and forth i noticed that "new appointment" doesn't respond. it did when i erased CSC and now i flashed the CSC back (following a lot of hangs), it doesn't work.

Guest Rapid81
and in the Sense UI, by the SMS, when u tap on a message, u go in to HTC-s message interface, and if u whant to write a reply, you message text "shrinks" then the keyboard pops up, is that normal ?

but great rom ! nice one

Yeah, that's normal. This problem occurs in every ported Senses.

i actually didnt have problems with AS or facebook or anything else that was mentioned. it is a very good ROM.

although from flashing back and forth i noticed that "new appointment" doesn't respond. it did when i erased CSC and now i flashed the CSC back (following a lot of hangs), it doesn't work.

You need to flash the ROM with a CSC, not without. Why not read the first post?

Video:

I will create one this afternoon.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest sioppao
Yeah, that's normal. This problem occurs in every ported Senses.

You need to flash the ROM with a CSC, not without. Why not read the first post?

I actually did. I was just trying to experiment without CSC. Now I'm using it as per the instructions in the first post. :P. Sadly, that new appointment thing still does not respond. prolly a software conflict.

thanks for the speedy reply! wish i had paypal.