Guest 42turkeys

Guest monyozt
If You Have A 0.80 Bootloader: Download

Other RUUs Avalible Here

You will need:

1. HTC Sync (For Drivers)
  2. The Download Above
  3. A Windows PC
  4. A Goldcard (Not required for generic HTC Desires)
  5. An HTC Desire :D
The Guide:
  1. Make sure your goldcard is in your phone (If Required)
  2. Turn your Desire on
  3. Connect it to a Windows PC
  4. Run the HTC RUU
  5. Let it run
  6. & YOUR DONE! :D
Yes it really is that simple as these are Official RUUs from HTC.

You can use it to return your phone for warranty purposes!

i already follow your guide.. and try several times without luck

how to slove this problem?

errg.png

what should i do?

i have hboot version 0.80

rooted by unrevolked3

lastest radio

atm i running [ROM][09/08] ۵.NexTSense v5.0 Official Sense-FroYo 2.2 ·(720p|2.09|AP2SD+|Multilangu)

Edited by monyozt

Guest Ohalalyeah
I dont know if you guys have managed to solve your problem or not but i have encountered something similar.

After rooting my desire (HBOOT 0.83 same as yours) when it came to trying to flash a custom ROM i could not enter the recovery mode, instead all i got was the htc screen with a thin black strip at the top and nothing else.

Well my problem has seemingly been sorted by reflashing the ClockworkRecoveryMod with SLED support. Recently HTC have made the desire with an SLED screen instead of the AMOLED previously used. I used Rom Manager to flash the ClockworkRecoveryMod originally but unfortnately that recovery image doesn't support the SLED screen hence the problems booting into recovery.

I re-rooted and re-flashed my phone using this http://crop.floodbit.org/~defer/reco...bravo-slcd.img and the Unrevoked3 flash utility. There is an option to use a custom recovery file in Unrevoked3 if you didnt know already. Using the above image allowed me to boot into recovery and therefore apply a custom ROM.

Credit must be given to lollylost100 over at the xda forums who started the thread with instructions and the image file to use.

Hope this helps

the above is a dead link

Guest himynameisgeoff
i already follow your guide.. and try several times without luck

how to slove this problem?

errg.png

what should i do?

i have hboot version 0.80

rooted by unrevolked3

lastest radio

atm i running [ROM][09/08] ۵.NexTSense v5.0 Official Sense-FroYo 2.2 ·(720p|2.09|AP2SD+|Multilangu)

Have you worked this out yet? Im having the same problem.

Guest tatey2457
Have you worked this out yet? Im having the same problem.

Easiest way to unroot is to grab the rom.zip from the RUU of your choice, rename it to PB99IMG.zip, place it on the root of your mem card and boot the phone holding vol down...job done.

Guest lasitha85

I have a Singapore HTC Desire (Asia ROM).... with SLCD screen.. i want to unroot my phone... but when i flased the official RUU for Asia my display driver doesn't work... (coz of SLCD)... is there a updated Asia RUU which supports SLCD screens?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neostrata

Thank god I read this post. Wasn't unaware that the current Asian RUU only has the AMOLED driver. Whoever gets his hands on an Asian SLCD RUU please to update

Guest Ohalalyeah
Easiest way to unroot is to grab the rom.zip from the RUU of your choice, rename it to PB99IMG.zip, place it on the root of your mem card and boot the phone holding vol down...job done.

Thanks for sharing. If there is the RUU of official 2.1 HK rom (not a test rom), then just flash the ruu exe file right away after hacking the CID.

Is there anyone have official 2.1 HK RUU?

Thanks!

Guest barrybear

Hey guys.. I need some help.

I've root my phone earlier with the guide found at xda-developers and am using an Open Desire rom v3

However, now I want to unroot my phone but I cant seem to get my phone connected with the HTC Sync. The HTC Sync on the com just wouldnt recognize my phone despite installing the drivers properly. I also make sure that the USB Debugging is always checked.

What do I do to fix this prblem..

Guest davidholst
Most providers edit the rom in some way like preinstalling some apps or a boot screen that says 'T-Mobile' or stuff like that. The generic rom is what you would get if you bought it unlocked from somewhere like Amazon or eXpansys. Some providers just give you the Generic Rom though. Post your ROM number & someone will tell you if it is Generic.

Hi.

I'm new here.

my version is 2,09,405,8

What do I do to root it?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Voxtronix

Hi,

I'm looking to unroot my phone and revert back to an original RUU.

My first question is do I need to use my carriers RUU (vodafone UK) or can I use a stock HTC one? I would like to use the HTC one so I can get OTA updates direct from HTC instead of waiting on Voda messing around with it first before releasing.

Secondly, I rooted using unrevoked and used a froyo ROM from here that was basically HTC's OTA without the hboot etc. The guide to unroot says I need a goldcard, unless it's a generic phone. Mine isn't as it came from Vodafone and was branded to certain extent. But, as I used unrevoked I didn't make a goldcard, do I need to have a goldcard for the unrooting process described at the start of this thread to work?

Thanks in advance.

Guest badgerarc
Secondly, I rooted using unrevoked and used a froyo ROM from here that was basically HTC's OTA without the hboot etc. The guide to unroot says I need a goldcard, unless it's a generic phone. Mine isn't as it came from Vodafone and was branded to certain extent. But, as I used unrevoked I didn't make a goldcard, do I need to have a goldcard for the unrooting process described at the start of this thread to work?

Thanks in advance.

Ditto :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest blackpatch

I have a Generic Uk HTC Desire,which I need to restore to the Original Rom for warranty purposes.

I have downloaded the RUU,s from shipped roms, but in respect of the .exe files they come up with the error msg "Not a valid Windows 32 application."

In respect of the zip files they come up with "The archive you are attempting to open is Damaged, open anyway."

I must have tried about 20 times to install these files to the phone. I have HTC Sync installed. Each time I continue to get the error messages when I dbl click on the RUU,S. Im starting to lose my rag. Total newbie here. Any help gratefully received.

WARNING! You do this at your own risk. DO NOT hold me responsible if this bricks your phone due to user error!

Howto: Unroot your HTC Desire to stock.

Downloads

Latest FroYo RUU

Other RUUs Avalible Here

You will need:

1. HTC Sync (For Drivers)
  2. The Download Above
  3. A Windows PC
  4. A Goldcard (Not required for generic HTC Desires)
  5. An HTC Desire :)
The Guide:
  1. Make sure your goldcard is in your phone (If Required)
  2. Turn your Desire on
  3. Connect it to a Windows PC
  4. Run the HTC RUU
  5. Let it run
  6. & YOUR DONE! :)
Yes it really is that simple as these are Official RUUs from HTC.

You can use it to return your phone for warranty purposes!

Any RUU I try to run errors out with signature errors. Have tried several, with and without goldcard (functionality of which is unconfirmed). Anyone got any ideas how to proceed?

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to unroot, I get error -5001 : 0x80070002. I have followed the guide thoroughly, my device is properly connected according to adb and HTC Sync, running the WWE as administrator doesn't fix it ... What the heck am I doing wrong?

Edit: Never mind, it worked with the "latest FroYo RUU" ... Thanks. :)

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

No as you can't connect to your PC, you'll have to do it the PB99IMG way...

1. Get your RUU you wish to flash and follow the guide I've attached to this post to extract the PB99IMG file from it

2. Turn the phone on holding the volume down button to enter HBOOT

3. Phone should find the PB99IMG.zip file and ask if you want to flash it - accept it

4. Allow it to complete

That should work...

How_to_Extract_the_ROM_from_an_RUU.zip

No as you can't connect to your PC, you'll have to do it the PB99IMG way...

1. Get your RUU you wish to flash and follow the guide I've attached to this post to extract the PB99IMG file from it

2. Turn the phone on holding the volume down button to enter HBOOT

3. Phone should find the PB99IMG.zip file and ask if you want to flash it - accept it

4. Allow it to complete

That should work...

thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest deadmau555

Hey guys, Latest FroYo RUU isn't working, just gives me this garbage:

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002

Error Information:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (142)

PAPP:

PVENDOR:

PGUID:

$

And I don't have the slightest idea what RUU to pick from the list... please help!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Norupz

Thanks for the guide! :D

I just love the people who takes time out of their valuable life to create these guides for us with a lot questions :D

Talking about questions..

My Desire is with Alpharev 1.8 S-OFF and the CM7 partition. This will be deleted and replaced with HTC's original bootloader, right?