HTC HD2 Realiability for Basic Phone and Data (email) Usage ?

Guest brosenz

Guest brosenz

Hi, currently I have a Nexus One (AT&T) and I am very happy with it, unfortunately I cannot use my corporate email (Exchange), they have strict security rules, so my only option to use our corporate email is via Windows Mobile, iPhone or Palm.

After reviewing the specs for the HD2 seems to be a very nice device, but I've read as well about some reliability issues. I am going to use the phone mainly for email check, Gmail (IMAP) and Corporate Email (Exchange), and of course as a basic mobile phone with a Bluetooth Headset, and some basic applications, like Stocks, Weather, etc.

As a summary I need a phone that will be realiable and predictable in those BASIC functions, do you think (based on your experience) that installing a Custom ROM with some tweaks to a Telstra HD2 (I need the 850Mhz for AT&T) will be reliable enough to fulfill my objectives ?, and I will not have to be resetting the phone on a daily basis ?

Thanks a lot

Guest andybarker

Well your situation sounds very much like mine, and I'm very happy with the phone.

Bullet point list for me:

1. I have it checking Exchange emails every 5 minutes (every hour out off office hours). I find it more battery efficient this way than using Push email, and every 5 minutes is more than frequent enough for me
  2. I have two personal IMAP accounts set up that I can check as and when I want to (usually when away for a few days), sometimes set them to pick up on a schedule
  3. Use a BT headset most of the time. In fact I use it as my main phone at home as I have unlimited free landline minutes in my package)
  4. Use as a simple music player when out and about (often with wired headset to improve battery life, as is normally used like this on long train journeys)
  5. TomTom for use in the car
  6. Google Maps for use when in an unfamiliar towns, and looking for particular places
  7. A few tweaks to make it more suited to my way of working
Only time I have reset the device is when I've tried too many of the tweaks!

Hope this helps you - and if you have any questions, ask away

Guest brosenz
Well your situation sounds very much like mine, and I'm very happy with the phone.

Bullet point list for me:

1. I have it checking Exchange emails every 5 minutes (every hour out off office hours). I find it more battery efficient this way than using Push email, and every 5 minutes is more than frequent enough for me
  2. I have two personal IMAP accounts set up that I can check as and when I want to (usually when away for a few days), sometimes set them to pick up on a schedule
  3. Use a BT headset most of the time. In fact I use it as my main phone at home as I have unlimited free landline minutes in my package)
  4. Use as a simple music player when out and about (often with wired headset to improve battery life, as is normally used like this on long train journeys)
  5. TomTom for use in the car
  6. Google Maps for use when in an unfamiliar towns, and looking for particular places
  7. A few tweaks to make it more suited to my way of working
Only time I have reset the device is when I've tried too many of the tweaks!

Hope this helps you - and if you have any questions, ask away

Thanks, which ROM are you using ?