27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xedamen
already postet @ xda:

is there a way to get the following

- Nexus One Lockscreen (pleeeaaase)

- Nexus One Dialer (or do i geht this with the stock contacts app?)

- Nexus One Bootscreen

then it would be perfect for me!

thanks paul

I would like this too and a MoreLocale or i don't know, what is in the 5.0.6, but the news widget was hungaian. Now, it's english :P Where is apps2sd ? I don't find it. But everything is good, the Launcher is perfect, but I really like it originally, not on this way...

Guest yazooo
Ha any one tested WIFI tether yet?

I cant get it to work :P

Cant get it to work either.

Wireless card connects to the netork, however doesn't resolve an ip address or dns server. Have tried setting manually, doesn't seem to work.

Guest waterc00l
I would like this too and a MoreLocale or i don't know, what is in the 5.0.6, but the news widget was hungaian. Now, it's english :P Where is apps2sd ? I don't find it. But everything is good, the Launcher is perfect, but I really like it originally, not on this way...

Use MoreLocal 2 from the market? Should work for you

Apps2sd, not sure, my current rom has an check / uncheck option, but it should work anyway, dont think there is a seperate option for that in this rom.

Guest ernest33

Thanks for all mr Paul.

Just a little remark about sound boot. I don't check that in the kitchen but it still play sound on boot :-)

Guest atconc
Thanks for all mr Paul.

Just a little remark about sound boot. I don't check that in the kitchen but it still play sound on boot :-)

same here

Guest Linkazoid

I am also having the same problems as everyone else. Sound on boot even though not selected and Mod Keyboard forcing close.

Guest waterc00l
Bootsound should be fixed now for new downloads!

P

thx, downloading again argh :P 25 kb/s :D

i am falling on my knees and beg for the n1 lockscreen, the one from htc is unuseable (for me :P)

Edited by waterc00l

Guest Linkazoid

Paul,

Are we able to download the kitchen or is it only online?

Download speeds of cooked roms are really slow.

Guest abc27
Online only i'm afraid - i'm looking at how to boost download speeds.

P

You could off load the kitchen on to a seperate server from the main site? Should improve speeds quite a bit if you haven't done it already (I'm guessing you already have a seperate server but a suggestion nonetheless)

Anyways, do the pre baked roms contain all the "optional" additions like the stock contacts app or are they subscriber only?

Guest evilgeenius

I rooted my Desire a few days ago with great success! Now im trying to follow these instructions and you mention using NANDROID backup. I can't see that in any of my menus.

Has there been a recent development that allows the usage of nandroid? If so, how do I use it? Is it the radio update that you mentioned? If so, have you got the url for that?

Cheers

Chris

Guest Killer X

Thank you for your work Paul.

Does this work on the Nexus one? (rooted and with bootloader unlocked, running r22 with APPS2SD and modaco additions)

Guest Streetdaddy
Just a heads up that in light of issues some people have been having with A2SD, i've tested it as much as I can using a freshly partitioned microSD (4GB SD, 3.5GB FAT32 primary partition followed by EXT3 primary partition in remaining space, partitioned in GParted on Ubuntu).

As you can see, all seems to be working as intended...

P

I am getting a new sdcard and am going to flash the ROM and want to setup A2SD. I'm a noob and don't know a lot about this A2SD process, it 'just worked' on my HTC Hero with MCR 3.1.... I'm quite comfortable with doing the partitioning, but just wanted to confirm:

1. Is this partitioning of FAT32 primary partition followed by EXT3 a prerequisite of A2SD?
  2. Can the partitioning be done on my phone, or does it have to be done using Gparted or similar?
  3. Is the EXT3 partition where the apps will be stored, and therefore I should just make it as big as I think I'll need?

Guest h00pyfr00d
I am getting a new sdcard and am going to flash the ROM and want to setup A2SD. I'm a noob and don't know a lot about this A2SD process, it 'just worked' on my HTC Hero with MCR 3.1.... I'm quite comfortable with doing the partitioning, but just wanted to confirm:
  1. Is this partitioning of FAT32 primary partition followed by EXT3 a prerequisite of A2SD?
  2. Can the partitioning be done on my phone, or does it have to be done using Gparted or similar?
  3. Is the EXT3 partition where the apps will be stored, and therefore I should just make it as big as I think I'll need?

Boot into Recovery Console and partition the card from there. It gives you a default size of about half a meg, which is plenty.

In answer to that other chap's question on Nandroid, that's also in the Recovery Console under Backup/Restore.

Guest Edzilla
Boot into Recovery Console and partition the card from there. It gives you a default size of about half a meg, which is plenty.

In answer to that other chap's question on Nandroid, that's also in the Recovery Console under Backup/Restore.

Half a Go I believe you meant :P

Guest guitarfreak

Im stuck in a boot loop aswell! Ive tried reformatting sd then repartioning.. see if that works

Ive already tried a wipe, didnt work