27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest twisted_mind

Thanks zw4mp :rolleyes: it worked !!!!!!

at the shell command i typed exit and then

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk

now that bugger wavesecure is gone :(

Many thanks to andrew and daveba too :D

Guest daveba
this is the error i get when i follow daveba's commands :rolleyes:

capturexu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what am i doing wrong?

Strange, you never typed the commands exactly as i specified. You missed 'mount /system' before the 'rm' command and you chnaged my 'reboot' to 'remount'. ?!?

At least someone else helped while i was having lunch ;-)

Guest KcKepz

I apologise for the noob question. But I have a Telstra HTC Desire. Will this custom ROM work for me and my version of the Desire?

Thanking you in advance.

Edited by KcKepz

Guest Rdy2Go
Has Paul commented on this missing Quickoffice from R3 at all?

Y2J

Yeah - I baked it myself (R3) and... no office at all... is it a known bug? [x] Quick Office checkbox was checked of course...

Guest Deerhunter48
Yeah - I baked it myself (R3) and... no office at all... is it a known bug? [x] Quick Office checkbox was checked of course...

Seems to be so, there are some users with the same problem - missing QuickOffice

Guest miguelsanchez79
Hi, I didn't read all the 61 pages. Is there a possibillity to enter the "apply update zip"-mode without using a pc?

simply no

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Seems to be so, there are some users with the same problem - missing QuickOffice

I suppose you included A2SD+ as well?

I suspect there is a problem with the script running the first time when copying the .apks from /data.

The .apks are indeed in the ROMs you bake (just open it up using any archiver), just somehow they aren't getting properly installed into /data/app.

Guest Deerhunter48
I suppose you included A2SD+ as well?

Yep

I suspect there is a problem with the script running the first time when copying the .apks from /data.

I think so too.

The .apks are indeed in the ROMs you bake (just open it up using any archiver), just somehow they aren't getting properly installed into /data/app.

I´ve seen them and tried to install them separatly - doesn´t work.

Guest ragflan

Yeah I just noticed there's no QuickOffice. Not sure if this was discussed but I also selected the Nexus One boot animation but I still get the HTC boot animation. Not an issue at all but just noting.

Guest irishandrew
Yeah I just noticed there's no QuickOffice. Not sure if this was discussed but I also selected the Nexus One boot animation but I still get the HTC boot animation. Not an issue at all but just noting.

Yep a few of us have had this too - and the notes widget not working... it's all discussed back there somewhere in the depths of this thread!

-Andrew.

Guest cerede2000
Yep a few of us have had this too - and the notes widget not working... it's all discussed back there somewhere in the depths of this thread!

-Andrew.

Yep not working on the r3 for me too :D I like note widget i'm verry sad... But i know Paul fix that :rolleyes:

Guest Luqq
someone who has already tested well the Rom r3,how long is the battery autonomy?

I am currently running r3 with ucov v7 kernel running at stock speeds, drained ~13% to 87% in about 6 hours which seems pretty good. Didnt use the phone that much, but still, its pretty good :rolleyes:

Guest fatwolf
someone who has already tested well the Rom r3,how long is the battery autonomy?

i get about 4-6 hours out of my battery.

HOWEVER

I have it net connected constantly with vpn to my server keeping my sip session active.

I also use wireless tethering alot.

I keep 4 spare batteries and a battery pack on the side.

I am not a good example of how to be nice to your battery.

Guest Dr_Ash

Just a noob question. I recently moved from iPhone to Desire, best move I ever made.

I have rooted my phone successfully and and am running MCR R3 with A2SD+ no problems at all. I have never flashed a radio update (that I am aware of) and it sounds like scary business.

Should I have? And if so, why? What does it do? (My phone seems to be working 100% fine, even have FM radio still working...)

thanks in advance...

Andy

Guest afiorillo

It strongly depends on what you do with your Desire: just surfing the WEB via EDGE for an hour will drain more than 50% of the juice, giving that such an activity implies heavy use of the touchscreen and CPU (zooming, panning, etc.).

Guest kevin612

I have problem with r3, once i flash the r3 rom and reboot.

Although nexus boot animation is not on, I got a force close after the HTC wizard. its the com.htc.wizard thing

Any fix?

Thanks

Guest Iyakisung

I try r2+A2SD everything are OK. then r3 release I also update on my device by use r3+A2SD.

Before I flash r3, I already did full wipe include wipe ext:SD.

After flash r3, why still have old application that install in previous rom ? I also did reset to factory but it still there.

Guest NiTroZiK
I am currently running r3 with ucov v7 kernel running at stock speeds, drained ~13% to 87% in about 6 hours which seems pretty good. Didnt use the phone that much, but still, its pretty good :rolleyes:

My situation is similar but my battery is fastest to drain...Now i'm going to try the new Ucov V11 kernel...