27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bol2riz
I ordered a new kitchen server tonight with a dedicated 100MB connection - it should be online within 24 hours. :P

P

Another quick and perfect reaction (if needed) that shows why and what we've payed for !!!

Paul you definitly rocks!

Guest gigijoey

Hi Paul,

Firstly, thanks. You are an amazing geek. I am even following you on twitter! Don't think I've got a crush, but damn near close.

My question is about the ROM. How similar is it to Cyanogenmod's? I am really after the ability to set proxy settings for wifi. I know that the latest Cyanogenmods for the nexus have this feature. Does MoCaDo's ROM have this too?

Hope its not to inane a question.

Gig

Guest waterc00l
sorry to post this again but any ideas?

try to install with the weather widget ("This option includes the Weather application. Note that removing this may have unexpected impact on other areas of the system (such as Sense)."?) Perhaps thats the problem?

Or do a full wipe and try again.

@Paul:

Bothering you again: Any way to implement the Nexus Lockscreen as an kitchen option? Just say no if you are not interested so i will look for it by myself (already did and dunno how to implement it..)

Guest Golgo
I ordered a new kitchen server tonight with a dedicated 100MB connection - it should be online within 24 hours. :P

P

Nice!

I was wondering - how do you boot the custom recovery image? Do I have to run the step2 root script every time or is there a simpler way?

Guest ascito

@Paul

please Paul, point out about a couple of things:

1_SD partition method: is the one via Recovery Mode good for A2SD or we should use a different method like Gpart on Linux?

2_I have installed in my baked rom only HTC IME Modified, uncheking the stock one. Now my HTC keyboard keep on crushing, I can't use it. is there any way to solve it without having to reflash rom?

THX!

BTW hurry up with server...:P

Guest guitarfreak

Lol i installed ubuntu.. Messed up my sd.. fixed it.. done the ext 3 first then the fat32. Loaded up phone and all my apps were screwed cus id reformatted the sd

wiped, reinstalled rom.. now reinstalling apps. and they are deffo installing on sd card but my memory is going down rapidly again. started with 64mb again

Guest imreezm

try to install with the weather widget ("This option includes the Weather application. Note that removing this may have unexpected impact on other areas of the system (such as Sense)."?) Perhaps thats the problem?

Or do a full wipe and try again.

thanks, will try that (install with weather widget)

Guest guitarfreak

Scratch my earlier post it is working i think.. just slightly less cus of the dalvik cache..

Ive installed everything and im on 37mb

Guest Bol2riz
Nice!

I was wondering - how do you boot the custom recovery image? Do I have to run the step2 root script every time or is there a simpler way?

had the same question...

- Turn off your HTC Desire, then turn it back on with the 'back' button held down. You'll see 'FASTBOOT' written on the screen in a red box. Connect the phone to the computer.

- using the optical trackball, navigate to the 'BOOTLOADER' and then 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.

- In the terminal window, enter either 'recovery-windows.bat', './recovery-mac.sh' or './recovery-linux.sh' as appropriate.

And you'll should be in recovery mode.

Guest jdouce
had the same question...

- Turn off your HTC Desire, then turn it back on with the 'back' button held down. You'll see 'FASTBOOT' written on the screen in a red box. Connect the phone to the computer.

- using the optical trackball, navigate to the 'BOOTLOADER' and then 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.

- In the terminal window, enter either 'recovery-windows.bat', './recovery-mac.sh' or './recovery-linux.sh' as appropriate.

And you'll should be in recovery mode.

the linux.sh is broken... check my post u can get only the recover-linux.sh ... insead of downloading the whole thing again

and look forward to the davik cach update cos its killing my space

also paul how do i turn an apk into an update .zip

i put it in system/app zipped it , signed it.... but how do i make a update-script

Edited by jdouce

Guest Aelred

I can't remember seeing this in the thread anywhere but the Radio update isn't safe for Orange phones yet :D After installing I get presented with the Network Locked screen. Any ideas on how to roll back to the previous version?

Edit: Rolled back the Radio update by unrooting the device :P Now time for a n00b question, do I have to reroot the device before flashing with this custom ROM? Or will it do it all for me?

Any help appreciated,

Aelred

Edited by Aelred

Guest cormie

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me whether if installing a custom rom and using the android stock "contacts" app, is it possible to get the "sync groups" option where you can select which groups (and only one group if desired) to sync to your phones contact list.

I've been trying to solve this problem since I bought my desire and still haven't put my sim card in it yet until it's sorted. Have posted seeking help on about 7 different websites with no luck.

Could this be the solution?

Also, does the contacts app come with pre baked version?

Any feedback appreciated :P

Guest abc27
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me whether if installing a custom rom and using the android stock "contacts" app, is it possible to get the "sync groups" option where you can select which groups (and only one group if desired) to sync to your phones contact list.

I've been trying to solve this problem since I bought my desire and still haven't put my sim card in it yet until it's sorted. Have posted seeking help on about 7 different websites with no luck.

PAMG here btw :D

Guest franciswills

Just a warning. It would appear that the radio update is *NOT* safe for Orange users. I'm being presented with a Network Locked message after having applied it.

Guess I'm waiting for tomorrow so I can flash it back at work on a Windows PC...

Guest burst
When will it be uploaded? It's been 1.5 hour since you made the post, and no ROM :P

The online kitchen is currently only available to my MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus) as it is not yet running on an infrastructure that can support a huge number of users. This will be the case for the foreseeable future as the kitchen system is developed.

Guest thephreak

When you remove flickr from the rom, you cannot enter Settings>accounts & Sync anymore it crashes with:

"The application Accounts & sync (process com.htc.settings.accountsync) has stopped unexpectedly.)Please try again"

so yall know :P

Guest orphy

Thank you Paul for the root and the custom rom for the Desire.

The custom rom works perfectly (for the moment :P ). I have just one thing to say about A2SD.

I have included it on the kitchen and it seems that it not works. I have a 16Go micro SDcard with 600 Mo of EXT3 (at the end of the card).

But when I install a new app, it is installed on the phone memory.

Could you help me ?

Guest thephreak

Paul or anybody else who might know this,

in the Netherlands we cannot properly use google navigation so i found an other way for me to use it *. but it uses an other version of maps.

is there a way to let the "Navigator Panel" use the other version of maps by changing the shortcut ?

thnx for the help!

http://www.sizzledcore.com/2010/01/10/how-...on-outside-usa/

Edited by thephreak

Guest Paul

I updated the first post with new mirrors, as well as ordering a new monster kitchen server on a dedicated 100MB link. Should fix the download speed issues. :P

P

Guest Golgo

Oh god what a weird night!

I'm coming down with something so I had fever dreams about sloooow 2-5 KB/sec downloads :P

Really freaky!

Just made a new baked ROM now though and luckily it's loading ~1 mb/sec. Phew :D

Guest cormie
Hi there,

Has anyone any idea on the above at all? I've only heard reports so far that the stock android "contacts" app doesn't work on the desire. Would be great to hear that it does indeed work now!

PAMG here btw :P

Hi :D surprised I've registered here before you :P