MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest schpinn
i think the problem come from dalvik-cache but not sure....

I hope it will be fixed soon, cause under R3 , superuser permission has some bug for me... when app request root access, SU permission stay at a black screen... ( for exemple : Titanium Backup, SetCPU and probably over...) and nothing more :P

Btw SU Permission app work perfectly under MCR..

I had the same problem with the black screen when I reverted to r3. I fixed it by wiping the phone and redoing the complete rooting procedure. SU permissions work for me now.

Guest ilos

i always wipe each time before flashing.... i will try again if that solve the problem...

EDIT : question : you use the default wipe menu or wipe menu provided by rooting process ?

Edited by ilos

Guest schpinn
i always wipe each time before flashing.... i will try again if that solve the problem...

EDIT : question : you use the default wipe menu or wipe menu provided by rooting process ?

I used the one you get after running recovery-windows.bat and then ran the rooting process from step1.

Guest theintelligent
And still no news about a new release ... strange. I hope that it will be done soon. Even i can survive without it (but my phone's storage begin to need some help).

Have a good day everybody.

Ps: Paul is it possible to use a-swapper? (it would be cool to add 64mb of RAM)

Same here :P

Guest theintelligent
Same here :P

I was able to resolve this by booting in the recovery mode and wiping the cache & dalvik-cache.

Guest Tim80
i think the problem come from dalvik-cache but not sure....

I hope it will be fixed soon, cause under R3 , superuser permission has some bug for me... when app request root access, SU permission stay at a black screen... ( for exemple : Titanium Backup, SetCPU and probably over...) and nothing more :P

Btw SU Permission app work perfectly under MCR..

post-377855-1273310864_thumb.png

My 1st rom installed also have this same problem with you. due to insufficient storage so I decide to redo the rooted and install rom for the second time and the superuser permission fixed and prompted me allow or not allow when i use titanium backup.

I suggest you redo the 2nd time all over again and it will fix your SU request.

Guest schpinn
I was able to resolve this by booting in the recovery mode and wiping the cache & dalvik-cache.

And now you can normally install apps from the market? I think I also tried this, but after a few installed apps and a reboot or two I started getting the "insufficient storage" message again. Can you confirm that this doesn't happen to you?

Guest ilos
My 1st rom installed also have this same problem with you. due to insufficient storage so I decide to redo the rooted and install rom for the second time and the superuser permission fixed and prompted me allow or not allow when i use titanium backup.

I suggest you redo the 2nd time all over again and it will fix your SU request.

Done :P

@schpinn : yes storage problem appear after one or 2 reboot....

Edited by ilos

Guest schpinn
Done :P

@schpinn : yes storage problem appear after one or 2 reboot....

Have you tried booting into recovery mode and wiping the cache and dalvik-cache, as suggested above, and then try to install some apps?

Guest Tim80
And now you can normally install apps from the market? I think I also tried this, but after a few installed apps and a reboot or two I started getting the "insufficient storage" message again. Can you confirm that this doesn't happen to you?

No matter how many times i re-rooted and re-rom or wipe the data in your device, yet the insufficient storage problem still occur.

I suggest you stick to R3 until someone post a method to resolve the problem or wait till R2 rom release.

Guest Nimmo

I think I can confirm that this is working for me too.

Formatted the SD card to have 0mb swap space, 512mb ext space, cleared the cache, then dalvik-cache, wiped the phone and reflashed the ROM and I am no longer getting messages about low disk space.

Guest blabub
same problem after a new fresh install with a cooked rom

Back to R3 for the following reasons : missing market apps, space storage error...

Same problem here too.

Guest Tim80
I think I can confirm that this is working for me too.

Formatted the SD card to have 0mb swap space, 512mb ext space, cleared the cache, then dalvik-cache, wiped the phone and reflashed the ROM and I am no longer getting messages about low disk space.

Ok. i try it. will revert the result back here.

Guest ilos
Have you tried booting into recovery mode and wiping the cache and dalvik-cache, as suggested above, and then try to install some apps?

yes tried many times... all wipe menu was used..

The must strange is after the second boot ( there are nothing on the phone no apps , no setting... after the first boot ) without do anything more than a reboot, all my apps are installed ! and it's why i think that is a cache problem....

My SD card have no swap space and only 2 partitions : 7Go of FAT32 ( in 1st place ) and 500Mb of EXT3 ( in 2nd place ) like Paul advised us.

Edited by ilos

Guest schpinn
yes tried many times... all wipe menu was used..

The must strange is after the second boot ( there are nothing on the phone no apps , no setting... after the first boot ) without do anything more than a reboot, all my apps are installed ! and it's why i think that is a cache problem....

My SD card have no swap space and only 2 partitions : 7Go of FAT32 ( in 1st place ) and 500Mb of EXT3 ( in 2nd place ) like Paul advised us.

Are you using apps2sd (I would guess so, judging by the way you partitioned your SD card)? Apps2sd installs apps to your SD card, so that's why your apps are still installed after a wipe. If you want to get rid of the apps too, you should wipe your EXT partition as well (it doesn't get wiped with just the phone wipe/factory reset).

Edited by schpinn

Guest rodriguezstyle

Sorry but schpinn is right Pauls r1 is not a working Rom...

- A2SD don´t Works "Insufficient storage" all the Time (you can´t install apps with this Rom)

- error messages comes every minute "com.HTC blabla.. Forced Close"

- sadly not Faster as a Stock Rom and no Overclocking possible...

- no Support here for this Rom

no reason to install this Rom for me at the moment...

Guest vib_
Sorry but schpinn is right Pauls r1 is not a working Rom...

no reason to install this Rom for me at the moment...

- a2sd works in my Legend ok, apps installed in cdcard

- error mesagges? all works good

- faster as a stock rom ? I dont know, but not slowly

in my HTC with r1 ROM not working wifi tethering - this is only one bugs

Guest blabub

You got livewallpapers working? It's does nothing here.

Guest ilos
Are you using apps2sd (I would guess so, judging by the way you partitioned your SD card)? Apps2sd installs apps to your SD card, so that's why your apps are still installed after a wipe. If you want to get rid of the apps too, you should wipe your EXT partition as well (it doesn't get wiped with just the phone wipe/factory reset).

i'm bored to try one more time.... i stay under R3 until all bug are fixed..

EDIT : i've already wipe EXT , cache, dalvik-cache, data etc...all wipe menu was used.... during my last try...

Edited by ilos

Guest pogo1975

modify tether.edify:

this is section for motorola droid modified by me

file_exists("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko") && (

#

# Motorola droid

#

module_loaded("sdio") || log(insmod("/system/lib/modules/sdio.ko", ""), "Loading sdio.ko module");

module_loaded("tiwlan_drv") || log(insmod("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko", ""), "Loading tiwlan_drv.ko module");

run_program("/system/bin/tiwlan_loader -f /system/etc/wifi/Fw1273_CHIP.bin -e " +

"/proc/calibration -i /system/etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini");

sleep("5");

#

# Bring up wifi interface

#

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/ifconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface") + " " +

getcfg("ip.gateway") + " netmask " + getcfg("ip.netmask")) &&

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/ifconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface") + " up"),  "Activating WiFi interface");

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " mode ad-hoc"), "Setting ad-hoc mode.");

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " essid " + getcfg("wifi.essid")), "Setting essid.");

+ " channel " + getcfg("wifi.channel")), "Setting channel.");

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " commit");

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig "+getcfg("wifi.interface")+" mode ad-hoc essid "+getcfg("wifi.essid")+ " persist &");

);

tested with stock rom should work with custom too

or use a file in attachment

I've corrected the files and i'll test it later with custom rom

tether.zip

Edited by pogo1975

Guest starsonic777

hi,paul!

I have rooted legent by r3. But when I upgrate this MCR, I choose install r1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and Chinese input .

It display "signature verification failed" on recovery .

How can i resolve it ?

thanks!

Guest evil_lcf

hi, first of all i wanna thank you all :P got my legend rooted and custom rom, but i got a few problems now. it's possible to unistall some of the app from the chinese input rom? how do i use the chinese input? anyway to boost it up in the booting process (it seems to me that it got a bit slower with this rom)?

thank you :D

Guest Liquid211
modify tether.edify:

this is section for motorola droid modified by me

file_exists("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko") && (

#

# Motorola droid

#

module_loaded("sdio") || log(insmod("/system/lib/modules/sdio.ko", ""), "Loading sdio.ko module");

module_loaded("tiwlan_drv") || log(insmod("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko", ""), "Loading tiwlan_drv.ko module");

run_program("/system/bin/tiwlan_loader -f /system/etc/wifi/Fw1273_CHIP.bin -e " +

"/proc/calibration -i /system/etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini");

sleep("5");

#

# Bring up wifi interface

#

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/ifconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface") + " " +

getcfg("ip.gateway") + " netmask " + getcfg("ip.netmask")) &&

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/ifconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface") + " up"),  "Activating WiFi interface");

+ " mode ad-hoc"), "Setting ad-hoc mode.");

+ " essid " + getcfg("wifi.essid")), "Setting essid.");

+ " channel " + getcfg("wifi.channel")), "Setting channel.");

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " commit");

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig "+getcfg("wifi.interface")+" mode ad-hoc essid "+getcfg("wifi.essid")+ " persist &");

);

tested with stock rom should work with custom too

or use a file in attachment

I've corrected the files and i'll test it later with custom rom

Thanks mate. Works like a charm now... only little thing is when I enable WEP encryption my network doesn't work. Without encryption it works fine... any advice?

Best Regards - Liquid211