[solved]still not able to key in $ by hardware keyboard

Guest yamajiang

Guest yamajiang

SOS!

I tried to flash almost all CSC file available in this forum. but no matter which one i use, no matter what regional i set, everytime I key $ by hardware keypad, it shows Euro Dollar symbol.

all the megalite or full rom i tested through all can not.

any solutions?

------------

problem solved! thanks for alab01p help!

install AEKmap.cab to the phone.

unzip B7610.rar and get B7610.AEK

copy B7610.AEK to \Program Files\AEKMap folder

delete all other *.AEK files in the folder

run AEKmap Setting

select WWE (unicode) for samsung .... at the 1st drop menu

check "Run on Startup"

Save & Restart

AEKMap.CAB

B7610.rar

Edited by yamajiang

Guest daskalos
SOS!

I tried to flash almost all CSC file available in this forum. but no matter which one i use, no matter what regional i set, everytime I key $ by hardware keypad, it shows Euro Dollar symbol.

any solutions?

install the sms-mms for 6.5.x cab and you will get $

Guest ErnstJanF
install the sms-mms for 6.5.x cab and you will get $

Strange.. mine works fine as I type this emoticon; ' :$ ' al lot :P [Tested almost all ROM's]

Guest daskalos
thanks so much.

but after installing Samsung SMS-MMS for 6.5.x.cab, still not able to key in $ by hard keypad.

strange, my $ worked after installing it

Guest alab01p
SOS!

any solutions?

Hi,

I had similar problems and I solved them by using AEK Map app.

It is free and easy to configure.

Guest yamajiang
Hi,

I had similar problems and I solved them by using AEK Map app.

It is free and easy to configure.

pls advise where to find AEK Map. thanks!

Guest yamajiang
strange, my $ worked after installing it

when I was using your megalite rom, (forget version), it works fine with samsung XT9, but incorrect with other IME or even WM soft keypad.

Personally I feel it is Samsung/MS Original problem. Samsung has already noted it so it modified its XT9 IME for different ROMs. But as we flashing without care of country of releasing, the problem happens irregular.

Pls correct me if i am wrong.

• 2 months later...
Guest alab01p
pls advise where to find AEK Map. thanks!

Sorry for the delay... I guess you have already found the solution to your problem but I am replying in case someone else needs it in the future.

The application's full name is AE Keyboard Mapper. I use version 1.3 free version and the url you can find it is "http://ae.inc.ru".

I first discovered it when I needed to use some accented characters (I live in Greece and in our alphabet we have letters like "ύ", "ϋ", "ΰ") but then I used it to be able to type other characters also that my hardware keyboard does not support like "$" and "\".

I hope I was of some help.

Guest yamajiang
Sorry for the delay... I guess you have already found the solution to your problem but I am replying in case someone else needs it in the future.

The application's full name is AE Keyboard Mapper. I use version 1.3 free version and the url you can find it is "http://ae.inc.ru".

I first discovered it when I needed to use some accented characters (I live in Greece and in our alphabet we have letters like "ύ", "ϋ", "ΰ") but then I used it to be able to type other characters also that my hardware keyboard does not support like "$" and "\".

I hope I was of some help.

thanks bro.

your advise is great appreciated!

however, i find the AEKMap interface is too simple to understand. Could you pls kindly write a quick tutorial for us to learn how to set up?

Edited by yamajiang

Guest alab01p
thanks bro.

your advise is great appreciated!

however, i find the AEKMap interface is too simple to understand. Could you pls kindly write a quick tutorial for us to learn how to set up?

All the instructions you need are on their site (http://ae.inc.ru/aekmapsample.php) you can also find some other layouts (http://ae.inc.ru/aekmaplayout.php).

My configuration file is as attached also. I use the "Q" (0051) key on hardware keyboard to type the alternate characters. Probably you will need to choose something else.

Accented_Greek3.zip

Edited by alab01p