[ROM LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Shreedhan

I"m currently in bootloader, i'm at "fastboot" but I think I'm missing that file?

Because no mac commands are working.

I have renamed file m053.img and yes it's in the ASDK/tools/ folder which I have navigated to via terminal.

SO FAR:

cd ASDK/tools

./adb reboot bootloader
Then I'm stuck, phone is bootloader at the mo: I've tried:
./fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery m053.img

./adb flash recovery m053.img

Guest nameless'
Hi all. Do you know how to upgrade CPU to 1GHZ with this release?

Regards,

Josselin

No, without the 2.1 sources from Liquid, it will be hard to do it.

Guest Ethern1ty
No, without the 2.1 sources from Liquid, it will be hard to do it.

Ok, I'm a programmer, if you need help.

Btw we need to wait...

Guest ohoh84

Thank you Liquid_User for providing this rom.

Coming from stock rom, for some unknown reason, I don't have 3G connection anymore. Only edge.

Can someone help me to understand what's going on?

Thank you in advance!

Guest Borkata

Big thanks to you LIQUID_USER!

Any chance you can find kernel source for 2.1, so we have not to wait for Acer to release it, which may happen a while after official release?

Guest bais

Asphalt 5 is functional but laggy... (playable though)

Gameloft really need to optimize this game for Snapdragon, it runs flawlessly on Moto Droid but even on Nexus One it lags...

Guest Nesli

Exactly, you´re right.

But its a next step, 3D performance is a little bit better and more stable in this leak, neocore scores 29fps without sounds, (0.10 leak was 27fps)..

About Asphalt 5 - just the optimalisation by Gameloft now;)

Guest CedricGatay

I am experiencing Data connection problem, it simply does not work on 2 Liquid on BouygTel France, any one faced the same issue ?

Guest saturn3000

The audio of multimedia applications, divx, ring tones are too low compared to Donut. I have the volume to maximum level but the audio is very low :)

Guest CedricGatay
I am experiencing Data connection problem, it simply does not work on 2 Liquid on BouygTel France, any one faced the same issue ?

It seems that it was BouygTel that has issue, after playing a bit with nandroid to come back to the latest one (and the other liquid back to 0.014) it finally came back...

Guest CedricGatay
Anyone know how to change build.prop, or some other way to get access to protected apps in the market with this rom?

I did it with malezRecovery, worked well as I could install HandyBackup...

Guest Auxx
Exactly, you´re right.

But its a next step, 3D performance is a little bit better and more stable in this leak, neocore scores 29fps without sounds, (0.10 leak was 27fps)..

About Asphalt 5 - just the optimalisation by Gameloft now;)

But it was 36fps on 2.000.16...

Guest B1ny

Oh... I wasn't aware of that option, have been modifying the build.prop at every rom change :)

A really amazing recovery.

Thanks ;)

I did it with malezRecovery, worked well as I could install HandyBackup...

Guest jayziac
Hi there!

Did anyone found major bugs on this leak?

And also, any feedback on battery usage? :)

Nothing major, my observations:

- When haptic feedback is off, dialing digits, answering phone, & swipe unlocking still vibrates.

- Media volume seems quieter than 1.6 ROMs. Still when ringtone wakes up phone, volume turns up as it's being played

- Tries to load all contacts from SIM card at every startup, even when I disable it.

- Battery life is perhaps slightly worse than stock 1.6 ROM (very slightly from my unscientific observations)

- Overall UI is also slightly less fluid than 1.6.

But I like 2.1's camera app way more and other features in 2.1. I just hope Acer will support us to 2.2 Froyo now too.

Edited by jayziac

Guest simoneser

A question for all:

do you have Brightness and Contrast options in camera?!

They aren't there since 0.004 and it's a very bad thing :)

Guest jayziac

I noticed that disappeared from 1.6 ROM too. I used to set those to lowest setting anyway and the 2.1 ROM seems to defaulted to a slightly higher value. Speaking as someone who has some photography experience, setting too high of contrast & brightness in camera will often "blow out" the highlights (all bright spots will just be pure white with no texture), which are hard to recover from the jpg. It's better to have a slightly darker picture and then use a photo editing program to increase the gamma setting to boost it up again. A bit more work, but I prefer to keep as much details as possible at the time of capture.

I would much prefer if the camera app had an exposure compensation adjustment like most digital cameras that increases or decreases the shutter speed or ISO sensitivity (aperture in camera phones are fixed), not just digitally enhance the photo after it's taken.

Edited by jayziac