15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest robertopero
Massive upgrade/improvement from Cupcake to Eclair (r1), the touchscreen is MUCH more sensitive .. i can now place my phone flat on the table and still use it (as opposed to having to hold it in my hand)

PS: Thanks so much for all your efforts. This forum rocks! :P

Don't wanna make a video of your phone? I haven't got time now to try it, but i am very intrested the phone's speed. Thanks.

Guest starkos

Anyone else have this problem?

Open contacts, click on a contact that you know has more than one number, click on call contact to see their numbers, their numbers show but at the top it gives the name/picture of a different contact :P ?

I'm on r2 with an o2 sim..

Guest _melchett

Great work Bobo, not just on this but previously for multitouch etc. Its always been worth checking out this forum thanks to your work. Now Paul has something to work with too it looks like a promising time for the Pulse.

I'll definitely be flashing this once apps2sd works.

THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!

Guest le_lutin
i can now place my phone flat on the table and still use it (as opposed to having to hold it in my hand)

That's great news as it was very hard to user in a car holder as you always had to touch the back of the phone as well.

Guest vsandz
Don't wanna make a video of your phone? I haven't got time now to try it, but i am very intrested the phone's speed. Thanks.

Sorry mate .. I'm at work at the mo so cant do video. Personally I think 2.1r1 is a bit laggy but it is brilliant bearing in mind its an early beta.

But here's a video Dan ("Lurve Party") made yesterday:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1269854

Guest tux880

awsome rom very speedy love it,

wifi works now :P

Bugs i have encountered,

1) icons at bottem of screen still dont corrispond to there picture (some 1 said this could be my SIM? i some how cant understand that)

2) vibration dont work

Guest Jan M
Anyone else have this problem?

Open contacts, click on a contact that you know has more than one number, click on call contact to see their numbers, their numbers show but at the top it gives the name/picture of a different contact :P ?

I'm on r2 with an o2 sim..

nope...correct contact appears on top...using r2 with T-Mob service.

Guest Paul

r3 now online! See changelog below.

P

Changelog

r3

• Replaced build fingerprint with HTC Legend production fingerprint to ensure Market compatability
  • Added Quick Boot
  • Removed some not-needed APKs
  • Fixed su / Superuser functionality
  • Fixed 'reboot' command
  • Added 'terminfo' to allow apps such as 'nano' etc
  • Added A2SD+
  • Added version number to software about screen
  • Updated Google Maps to 4.2.0

Guest Jan M
Personally I think 2.1r1 is a bit laggy but it is brilliant bearing in mind its an early beta.

it was a laggy for me at first (and lots of force closes until I rebooted) but after a while the speed picked up...I guess syncing google contacts/calendar slowed it down.

Guest starkos
nope...correct contact appears on top...using r2 with T-Mob service.

Thanx for replying, maybe it's a non t-mob problem like the menu button problem, anyone not on t-mob confirm?

Guest adencool

i was on the vanilla 1.5 rom

i installed 1.5.2. pulseamonrarecovery and did a nand backup (accessed this thru reboot application from market)

wiped system, and installed this rom

now the phone is stuck in a boot loop, is there anyway to get to the recovery menu, or it the phone now a brick?

Guest BigBearMDC
i was on the vanilla 1.5 rom

i installed 1.5.2. pulseamonrarecovery and did a nand backup (accessed this thru reboot application from market)

wiped system, and installed this rom

now the phone is stuck in a boot loop, is there anyway to get to the recovery menu, or it the phone now a brick?

PWR + Menu + Red (end) key :P

Guest Tar672

r3 looks brilliant. Thank you very much BigBear and Paul (especially for the amazing speed this has happened) I'm definitely going to go ad free for this :P .

Tar

Guest de_shepherd

Great work ... shows that the 2.1 work is pretty real ... but also, given the various bugs being reported, I think explains why the "official" verson has not been released. While people here may be happy to cope with a few "issues" to get 2.1 asap it would be commercial suicide for Huawei to release a new ROM along with a warning that vaious icons will start the wrong app, etc etc.

I think I'll wait a few days to see if the official release comes out (in any case, I'm going on a training course in France next week so probably best not to risk having phone issues for that!)

Guest menno2

Wow, Paul goes like a rocket,

I waited for the features r3 has, so ill upgrade tonight.

Thanx Bear for your initial work, great work by both of you!

Guest robertopero
r3 now online! See changelog below.

P

Changelog

r3

• Replaced build fingerprint with HTC Legend production fingerprint to ensure Market compatability
  • Added Quick Boot
  • Removed some not-needed APKs
  • Fixed su / Superuser functionality
  • Fixed 'reboot' command
  • Added 'terminfo' to allow apps such as 'nano' etc
  • Added A2SD+
  • Added version number to software about screen
  • Updated Google Maps to 4.2.0

Great job man!

What issues are needed to solve to release the final ROM?

Guest adencool
PWR + Menu + Red (end) key :P

tried that with a quick press of all three and also holding all three down, an its still stuck in the loop

Guest robot1000

Great thanks for the Update!

Would it be possible to add speech recognition app (or whatever the app is called) that is required to run Google Navigation?

Guest Jan M
Great work ... shows that the 2.1 work is pretty real ... but also, given the various bugs being reported, I think explains why the "official" verson has not been released. While people here may be happy to cope with a few "issues" to get 2.1 asap it would be commercial suicide for Huawei to release a new ROM along with a warning that vaious icons will start the wrong app, etc etc.

I think I'll wait a few days to see if the official release comes out (in any case, I'm going on a training course in France next week so probably best not to risk having phone issues for that!)

only thing that doesn't work for me is vibrate...the rest of the issues are with non-t-mobile providers (which makes sense since this is t-mobile branded)

Guest Paul
Great job man!

What issues are needed to solve to release the final ROM?

I guess the final ROM will come when the actualy final ROM leaks.

I'm not particularly inclined to spend much more time on this, it's probably as good as it's gonna get being a Beta leak... :P

P

Guest Jan M
tried that with a quick press of all three and also holding all three down, an its still stuck in the loop

1. turn the phone off completely by pulling out the battery

2. put the battery back in

3. hold down the menu+red buttons

4. tap the bower button

5. when recovery mode appears, let go of menu+red buttons

Guest adencool
1. turn the phone off completely by pulling out the battery

2. put the battery back in

3. hold down the menu+red buttons

4. tap the bower button

5. when recovery mode appears, let go of menu+red buttons

no doesn't work for me