Guest PaulOBrien

Guest le_lutin
it contains market update.

my current "best of" is

- starkos vanilla rom

- DownloadProvider updated from G1

- SetCPU configired as above

starkos rom is way more stable than anything else

Got to agree. I've had his ROM since it came out and have had very few issues.

Might make the jump this evening to install the vibration fix. Have you installed it and how is stability for you compared to before you installed it?

Guest Simon O

Ok I've downloaded the Starkos rom and it's a lot more stable that the other one I was using. However I miss the FileManager from 2.1 and I wanted to add the DownloadProvider from G1 that works better, and update ADW. So I made my own little update based on this :rolleyes:

Going to test it now. Nothing else was changed apart from that.

If it works fine and if Starkos doesn't mind, I'll upload it for people to try?

Got to thank Starkos for editing the rom edited by Sh4d0w940 which was edited by BigBearMDC and Paul from 2.1beta :D

Guest SoundSurfer
Ok I've downloaded the Starkos rom and it's a lot more stable that the other one I was using. However I miss the FileManager from 2.1 and I wanted to add the DownloadProvider from G1 that works better, and update ADW. So I made my own little update based on this :rolleyes:

Got to thank Starkos for editing the rom edited by Sh4d0w940 which was edited by BigBearMDC and Paul from 2.1beta :(

Add RoadSync to it and I'll try it :D

Guest Simon O
Add RoadSync to it and I'll try it :(

I'll give it a go :rolleyes:

Off out now, so going to test my phone in the real world. Make sure it runs OK :D

Edited by flibblesan

Guest starkos

Got to thank Starkos for editing the rom edited by Sh4d0w940 which was edited by BigBearMDC and Paul from 2.1beta :(

Nah i don't mind at all, but just for the record mine wasn't based on Sh4d0w940's at all :D All credit on these vanilla roms should go to zerosignull who got the ball rolling & gave help & instructions on various things: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...-1-on-my-pulse/

Edited by starkos

Guest Simon O
Nah i don't mind at all, but just for the record mine wasn't based on Sh4d0w940's at all :D All credit on these vanilla roms should go to zerosignull who got the ball rolling & gave help & instructions on various things: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...-1-on-my-pulse/

Aha, I get mistaken with all these rom edits :rolleyes:

Right I'm back and reported that the phone was mostly OK. However, phone locked up and rebooted very often when trying to use 3G. When I set to use 2G only then it doesn't lock and reboot. At home I use wifi so it's always stable. Google Maps locked up and caused a reboot when on 2G also, so that's two things I need to look into (unless somebody else has fixes for these?)

Update: GPS randomly stops finding my location. Google Maps still unstable. Never had problems with Google Maps using the r6 vanilla roms.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest chombium
Aha, I get mistaken with all these rom edits :rolleyes:

Right I'm back and reported that the phone was mostly OK. However, phone locked up and rebooted very often when trying to use 3G. When I set to use 2G only then it doesn't lock and reboot. At home I use wifi so it's always stable. Google Maps locked up and caused a reboot when on 2G also, so that's two things I need to look into (unless somebody else has fixes for these?)

Update: GPS randomly stops finding my location. Google Maps still unstable. Never had problems with Google Maps using the r6 vanilla roms.

Flashed my phone with starkos rom.

The phone works stable when not using 3g, got few FCs on the first boot, but after rebooting no FC appear.

Problems:

1. very frequent reboots when using 3g

2. few lockups when using android market (i guess there is a problem with the Internet connection when using 3g)

I didn't experience any problems with Google Maps and GPS

--

chombium

Guest Simon O
Flashed my phone with starkos rom.

The phone works stable when not using 3g, got few FCs on the first boot, but after rebooting no FC appear.

Problems:

1. very frequent reboots when using 3g

2. few lockups when using android market (i guess there is a problem with the Internet connection when using 3g)

I didn't experience any problems with Google Maps and GPS

--

chombium

I've switched to using upd8-r6-2.1-pulse-a2sd+-vanilla-signed and 3G works without reboots. Market works also :rolleyes:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...la-based-on-r6/

Guest chombium
I've switched to using upd8-r6-2.1-pulse-a2sd+-vanilla-signed and 3G works without reboots. Market works also :D

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...la-based-on-r6/

hm.... did that too, but still rebooting when using 3g, not very often, thought :rolleyes:

I might reflash it, but I don't think it will help...

@flibblesan: did you make any modifications to the original rom? changed configuration files etc...

Anyone else having problems when using 3g with starkos and Sh4d0w940 roms?

Guest Simon O
hm.... did that too, but still rebooting when using 3g, not very often, thought :rolleyes:

I might reflash it, but I don't think it will help...

@flibblesan: did you make any modifications to the original rom? changed configuration files etc...

No, I didn't make any changes. I just installed SetCPU and set the minimum speed to 245MHz

Guest chombium
No, I didn't make any changes. I just installed SetCPU and set the minimum speed to 245MHz

Installed SetCPU and set the minimum speed to 245MHz, but the phone is still restarting on 3g :rolleyes:

If nobody has the same problem I guess there is something wrong when connecting to with

my provider's (T-Mobile Macedonia) 3g network.

I will continue testing...

Guest makmondeja
Installed SetCPU and set the minimum speed to 245MHz, but the phone is still restarting on 3g :rolleyes:

If nobody has the same problem I guess there is something wrong when connecting to with

my provider's (T-Mobile Macedonia) 3g network.

I will continue testing...

I have the same problem (Movistar Chile). When connected to 3G the phone reboots in a 5 minutes basis. If I disable 3G, and use only EDGE it behaves excellent. No FCs, no reboots. I'm using the starkos ROM, by far the most estable I've tried until now.

Guest pandinusimp

Hello,

i got a problems with my contacts.

I did it like Rizzly and took the Vanilla 2.1 Rom and copied the apps and framework from this ROM into the Vanilla Rom. I can see the contacts in the T-Mobile contact app that's not the problem. The problem is when i open Navigon Mobile to navigate with the contacts there are no contacts. I also installed ePhonebook. This app also doesn't see the contacts. The screen is empty.

Any idea what the problem is?

Edited by pandinusimp

Guest Lord_Shaithis

Got an odd problem with r8.....I am sure wifi was working to begin with but now it keeps disabling itself....scanning for networks for a few seconds then it turns off.

It may have started happening after restoring y5, power manager or setting profiles from a titanium backup taken with 1.5 but I have now removed all apps that can mess with wifi on/off and its still doing it.....

Any ideas?