RaduG's Vanilla Eclair on the Hero is awesome!

Guest prupert

Guest masterpfa

I too have been using VannillaEclair from the start. I had since the early days with AychTeeSee's ROM been looking for a Sense free ROM and with cyanogenMOD for HTC Hero I had something close with a 2.1 flavour but for me too many FC's and reboots. That was until I found Radu's ROM and have been there ever since

Working 2.1 ROM with only a few minor issues which for me are not necessary. It's smooth and now with Over Clocking, very fast with working FaceBook sync, camera at 5M etc. Worth a look

Please Help what do you mean by wipe? is it wipe data/manufacture data ??

thanks

If you are using AmonRa 1.6.2 recovery under the "wipe" option you would need to wipe the top 3

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe Dalvik-cache

Wipe SD:ext partition

Just make sure you carry out a Nandroid Backupfirst

Also works best with ext2or ext3 partition. It would also be advisable to back your SD card to your computer (copy the entire contents to a new folder)

Check out the thread over at XDA or have a look at his site VanillaDroid :(

Edited by masterpfa

Guest prupert
I too have :(

Looks like you might know the answer to this.

I've been using AmonRa 1.5.2 so far. Is there a need to upgrade to a newer version?

And if so, how? I can't find where to download the newer version nor instructions on what to do??

Cheersio.

What version on RaduG are you using, I am still using 3.0, since it seems 3.2 had some serious issues...?

Guest masterpfa
Looks like you might know the answer to this.

I've been using AmonRa 1.5.2 so far. Is there a need to upgrade to a newer version?

And if so, how? I can't find where to download the newer version nor instructions on what to do??

Cheersio.

What version on RaduG are you using, I am still using 3.0, since it seems 3.2 had some serious issues...?

The latest version Amon_Ra 1.6.2 has a few added feature's such a "Switch Off" option as well as "Reboot" option. Plus there were a few issues, which I cannot remember what they were, that had been sorted out from 1.5.2

Confession time, I last installed VanillaEclair 3.2, but with the current issues which Radu said he would resolve by Sunday, I have been running, in the interim, aHero 1.0, plus I will probably try one or two other ROMS released today as way of experimenting until I settle on VannilaEclair 3.3 (I think that's what oit will be called) :(

Edited by masterpfa

Guest subhramani

I have been using aHero for the past couple of days and I have had no issues apart from the battery losing charge pretty quickly.

I fell in love with Launcher Pro and have been using it. Very smooth.

I love my phone :(

Guest prupert
The latest version Amon_Ra 1.6.2 has a few added feature's such a "Switch Off" option as well as "Reboot" option. Plus there were a few issues, which I cannot remember what they were, that had been sorted out from 1.5.2

Confession time, I last installed VanillaEclair 3.2, but with the current issues which Radu said he would resolve by Sunday, I have been running, in the interim, aHero 1.0, plus I will probably try one or two other ROMS released today as way of experimenting until I settle on VannilaEclair 3.3 (I think that's what oit will be called) :(

Cheers for the linkie.