2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Rizzly
Hej Rizzly! :D

Hur väl flyter live wallpapers på då?

Hejhej :)!

Sådär faktiskt, fungerar relativt laggfritt (beroende på vilket av dem man använder) om man inte har något annat igång i bakgrunden, annars inte.

Oh and sorry for the swedish jibberish, I'll stop with it from now on ;).

Guest thisweb
that's a nexus one homescreen...if you want that you'll need to buy the nexus one (to have it standard) or port it over...

have a look at some sdk screenshots to see what the true vanilla looks like:

http://androidrelease.com/2010/01/13/insta...-your-computer/

Ah, thanks, sorry for the double post earlier. I assume those nice nexus 2.1 features aren't open sourced. Wonder why google did not include them in the 2.1 SDK? Shame. I especially like the gallery!

Guest niko1986
Ah, thanks, sorry for the double post earlier. I assume those nice nexus 2.1 features aren't open sourced. Wonder why google did not include them in the 2.1 SDK? Shame. I especially like the gallery!

The SDK is bare boned and developers can add and use what they want from it for their device. Some do a simple skinning others a whole reimagining like with sony and motarola.

Guest Minus616
Where do you get the smart HTC clock and weather from for the pulse?

That's the weather widget/clock from Beautiful Widgets

where is that keyboard app?

The keyboard app looks like 'Smart keyboard'

Both are available on the market.

Guest Csöpi

Im really looking forward to this. Version 1, with normal phone calling would be perfect. It was amazing fast, no force closes and reboots. I would instantly change to that for everyday use.

Guest starkos
If anyone's interested, I have managed to get AnderWeb's AdvancedLauncher (from here: http://www.jbthemes.com/anderweb/adwlauncher.html) working with this vanilla 2.1 rom. It adds some useful features to the desktop, including a preview and more desktop screens, that I sorta miss from the default T-mobile rom.

I decided to make my own vanilla rom yesterday and replaced the launcher with this one as well, works really well and seriously useful after tweaking the settings to suit ur needs

Guest le_lutin
I decided to make my own vanilla rom yesterday and replaced the launcher with this one as well, works really well and seriously useful after tweaking the settings to suit ur needs

Would it be worth sharing this ROM? Sounds like it could be the best yet.

Guest chote

I noticed a few more problems, if someone else noticed them too, you can add them to the list in the begining of this thread.

1. Ringtone volume is variable ,most of the time its very quiet, no matter which ringtone u use, or on which level the volume is set to.

2. The phone restarts, sometimes, its stable for 10 hours, sometime restarts every 10 minutes. :)

cheers!

Guest masterpfa
This is the 2.1 rom from Paul and Bobo revision 6 but with the vanilla apps from stock 2.1

Thanks Sh4d0w940, this is exactly what I have been looking for, a Vanilla style ROM, thanks for your efforts on providing a mod to Paul and BoBo great work for this ROM for the Pulse

The only thing for me, (sounding like a noob :)) , is I just can't get ADB to work for me on Win 7, for my pulse, I have tried this to no evail. So would only be ably to flash and not modify or add anything like I normally do via adb.

I will keep an eye out for your updated ROM

If anyone's interested, I have managed to get AnderWeb's AdvancedLauncher (from here: http://www.jbthemes.com/anderweb/adwlauncher.html) working with this vanilla 2.1 rom. It adds some useful features to the desktop, including a preview and more desktop screens, that I sorta miss from the default T-mobile rom.

VERY NICE, I've use this launcher on my VanillaEclair 2.0.1 Hero, I like the desktop effect in the 3rd screen, I didn't even realised it did this (back to experimenting some more ;))

Edited by masterpfa

Guest starkos
Would it be worth sharing this ROM? Sounds like it could be the best yet.

Scared of messing up someone's phone lol! I will need to remake one first tho as I included a load of apks to be auto installed on sdcard.

What launcher & status bar colour should be included? This how mine is with adw launcher and tmob black status bar (no pink tho):

Guest le_lutin
Scared of messing up someone's phone lol! I will need to remake one first tho as I included a load of apks to be auto installed on sdcard.

What launcher & status bar colour should be included? This how mine is with adw launcher and tmob black status bar (no pink tho):

Looks fantastic. Personally I prefer the black bar.

Guest Csöpi
+1 though I don't like the dark gray background when you pull it down.

Yep this looks nice. Is it that fast then the vanilla rom in the first post? If yes could you make one only with the programs wich where included in R6 of Bobo and Pauls rom? Or you could remove servo search and RoadSync?

Guest starkos

I've just tested this rom that I'm attaching and it worked fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will for u so it's your choice!

Basically it's the r6.1 rom with A2SD and some vanilla features/apps included, as well as the launcher being replaced with the ADW launcher (not sure if that's allowed but credit/source below?) I haven't done much so all credit goes to the guys below:

zerosignull for setting the path for vanilla roms and explaining how to do it, as well as the custom framework-res.apk that he provided

anderwebs for the ADW launcher http://jbthemes.com/anderweb/adwlauncher.html (sorry if not allowed to use it)

eckengucker1 for the device id fix

Paul & BigBear obviously!

*Just realised that I took the file manager app out as I was using root explorer. There's no way I'm re-doing/uploading it agin lol, so u will have to get one from the market!

Would be good if people tested it so I can find out quicker if there are problems for my sake too :)

Edit: The adw launcher can take a while to load on first boot so don't try moving the screen around otherwise u will get force close/wait error ha

http://rapidshare.com/files/388320125/r6.1...aish-signed.zip

Edit: Different status bar background colour: Deleted due to causing market to stop working for some strange reason!

Edited by starkos

Guest feelmychi

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but this rom also lacks the ability to completely turn off data services.

feelmychi

Guest starkos
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but this rom also lacks the ability to completely turn off data services.

feelmychi

In the one I just attached above you it appears to be working fine?

Guest starkos
+1 though I don't like the dark gray background when you pull it down.

Just realised what you were talking about, pretty nasty lol. I've changed mine now (see pic).

I've attached a signed.zip to flash through recovery for people using the rom I just attached a couple posts above

Link deleted due to causing my app installation on the Market to stop working for some reason!

Edited by starkos

Guest Csöpi

i just tested. And it works nice. Its up and running now for 20 minutes. No FC no reboot. Looks nice for now. I will write later if something happens.

EDIT:

Looks like i was to quick. I just hanged up and it rebooted:(

Edited by Csöpi

Guest gusthy
i just tested. And it works nice. Its up and running now for 20 minutes. No FC no reboot. Looks nice for now. I will write later if something happens.

Then it flashes :)

Köszi, Csöpi:)

Guest gusthy

EDIT:

:(No matter, I give it a try

Guest starkos

EDIT:

Does it happen every time, as it hasn't happened to me (yet)? I've only tested it with about 3 calls tho

Edit: Also were you on 2g or 3g? As people seem to suggest that the leak may have problems/restarting when switching between

Edited by starkos

Guest biron_w

Starkos - how long should the intital boot of your rom take?I've done a wipe,flashed it and it just seems to be stuck on the t-mobile rotating circle screen.

Guest starkos
Starkos - how long should the intital boot of your rom take?I've done a wipe,flashed it and it just seems to be stuck on the t-mobile rotating circle screen.

Could take 5-10 mins, if u watch it carefully it should always be spinning except for short stops. If it stops completely n screen flashes black then starts again (loop) then may be something wrong lol?