[PC Application] GoldCardTool

Guest klutsh

Guest klutsh
Didn`t tried yet but anyway thanks a lot for the effort!

With your permissions i would like to translate it and use it in the Bulgarian Android Community forum?

Thanks in advance!

all4android.com

Sure, not a problem.

Not really much to translate though :rolleyes:

Guest josifbg
Sure, not a problem.

Not really much to translate though :(

Thanks mate :rolleyes:

Well actually i`am not going to translate the program but the procedure ...how to :D

Thanks again much appreciated!

Regards

Josifbg

Guest s7yler
I keep getting "failed to get CID."

I formated the sd card, put it back in the phone (htc legend), rebooted my phone and connected it with pc using HTC sync and started program, without any succes...

any tips=

First I got the same error, but found a solution to it. I installed the newest HTC sync software and connected the phone again, after the drivers was installed ok on the PC, I was able to make connection with the tool when selecting MMC0 :( Seemed like the connection from the phone was missing somehow, even though I was able to connect as diskdrive.

Edited by s7yler

Guest RetardedMunkey

Phone: HTC Desire

Use this walk through if you are still having any issues.

1; Download and install the latest HTC Sync program from the HTC website.

2; Run the HTC Sync app from your computer and connect your device and select "HTC Sync"

3; Allow enough time that both devices can see and talk to each other - [maybe 30 seconds or 30 minutes]

4; Once they can see each other just go ahead and kill the HTC Sync app and change connection type to "Disk Drive"

5; From "My Computer" select your SD card and right click to select "Format..."

6; Under "File System" click the drop down box and select "FAT32" and then click "Start" - [maybe 30 seconds or 30 minutes]

7; Once the format has been done, disconnect your device and check if USB Debugging is enabled - [Go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development and enable "USB Debugging"] Make sure this is selected.

8; Connect your device to the computer and select "Charge Only"

9; Open Klutsh GoldCard Tool and click "Get CID" - [change between MMC1 or MMC0 if first choice didn't work]

10; Copy the CID number and click on the link under "Gold Card Gen"

11; Fill out your details including CID and wait for the .img file to be sent to your email and download.

12; On your device now change to "Disk Drive" and make sure that the GoldCard program can now see the drive.

13; Click on "Load GoldCard.img" and find and select where you downloaded your img to.

14; Click on "Patch MMC"

15; Done.

16; Make sure you give respect to Klutsh for going out of his way to make this program for us. :(

Cheers,

Edited by RetardedMunkey

Guest ermacwins

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

------------------------

Could not locate CID in output

Guest klutsh

* daemon started successfully *

------------------------

For Hero make sure you have MMC1 selected and have USB Debugging enabled.

The error your seeing is because adb isn't seeing your Hero, have you tried in a different USB port?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DesireableHTC

iv tried this mate, but keep getting stuck at the "get CID" This is what i got.

Reading adb output

------------------------

------------------------

HTC desire

Guest klutsh
iv tried this mate, but keep getting stuck at the "get CID" This is what i got.

Reading adb output

------------------------

------------------------

HTC desire

Make sure you have the latest HTC Sync installed and your Desire is using those drivers, then enable USB debugging in Settings > Applications > Development.

I'll try to help as best I can if that fails, would like to get this app working correctly with all devices.

I have tested on my own desire now, with HBOOT 0.80, and OS 1.21.

Edited by klutsh

Guest DesireableHTC
Make sure you have the latest HTC Sync installed and your Desire is using those drivers, then enable USB debugging in Settings > Applications > Development.

I'll try to help as best I can if that fails, would like to get this app working correctly with all devices.

I have tested on my own desire now, with HBOOT 0.80, and OS 1.21.

Yes, i have downloaded the latest HTC sync enabled debugging, just cant seem to get it to work...

Edit, I have just tried it again, and it still is not getting CID..... It must be the memory card, i will have to wait until i have a new one.

Thanks anyway Klutsh

Edited by DesireableHTC

Guest hazi1964

It's still confusing the hell out of me cos there are so many guides on this site and I have read them all and got myself into a right old tizwoz. lol.

Formatted my card but that's as far as I can go cos I am so confused.

Thanks!

This will help some n00b people to get things done. :lol:

Guest klutsh
Yes, i have downloaded the latest HTC sync enabled debugging, just cant seem to get it to work...

Edit, I have just tried it again, and it still is not getting CID..... It must be the memory card, i will have to wait until i have a new one.

Thanks anyway Klutsh

I faced this problem yesterday, fixed it by removing HTC Sync, rebooting PC, then installing HTC Sync again.

Guest gmunday
I faced this problem yesterday, fixed it by removing HTC Sync, rebooting PC, then installing HTC Sync again.

im having problems too, i can get the cid, and select the mmc, but get errors when i click patch, done everything properly, just doesnt work, doesnt work either if i try to create a goldcard manually, tried different sd cards, still the same, is it possibly because im using a sony vaio laptop with a built in card reader, so the phone sd comes up as a logical disk and not a removable one?

The error i get with goldcard tool is when i click patch mmc;

An error occured Object reference not set to and instance of a object.

Guest klutsh
im having problems too, i can get the cid, and select the mmc, but get errors when i click patch, done everything properly, just doesnt work, doesnt work either if i try to create a goldcard manually, tried different sd cards, still the same, is it possibly because im using a sony vaio laptop with a built in card reader, so the phone sd comes up as a logical disk and not a removable one?

You might have just found the cause of the error, card readers, I will look into this more.

It should work fine if you try manually though.

Guest captain answer

Thanks so much for this, when trying the application through my VAIO I too recieved the Object reference error

However on trying this on my PC this worked effortlessly, both are the same OS (xp) and both are running .NET 3.5

Guest klutsh
Thanks so much for this, when trying the application through my VAIO I too recieved the Object reference error

However on trying this on my PC this worked effortlessly, both are the same OS (xp) and both are running .NET 3.5

It seems that the error is being caused by card readers, I'll have to buy one to be able to see exactly what's going on, I suspect it is caused by drive's being present but having no media in them.

Guest DreamWalkerGuy
It seems that the error is being caused by card readers, I'll have to buy one to be able to see exactly what's going on, I suspect it is caused by drive's being present but having no media in them.

programs works great but for some reason I always get the "no image found" error when trying to flash the sappimg.zip to my myTouch 1.2

Guest Thalantyr

just wondering: if i use the original micro-sd card from my desire and turn it into a goldcard, can i still use this card afterwards as an ordinary one? Is re-formatting enough to "ungoldcard" it?

thanks in advance

Guest klutsh
just wondering: if i use the original micro-sd card from my desire and turn it into a goldcard, can i still use this card afterwards as an ordinary one? Is re-formatting enough to "ungoldcard" it?

thanks in advance

You can still use it while it's a gold card.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xshingami

I had the same error windows 7 64 bit

Right click the gold card app and go to the compatibility tab, tick the compatibility box and select windows xp (service pack 3)

im supreised it even worked, just gave it a shot and it did !

Guest StuN_UK
I had the same error windows 7 64 bit

Right click the gold card app and go to the compatibility tab, tick the compatibility box and select windows xp (service pack 3)

im supreised it even worked, just gave it a shot and it did !

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it still wont work on my Viao either :)

Guest rexton270
Thanks a lot! It worked like a charm and saved me a lot of trouble :)

OK...Made an gold card and after flashing generic ROM (1.21.405.2) the screen stayed black(no response&no homescreen)... Bootloader 0.83...

Edited by rexton270