[CAB] Enable Samsung WM 6.1 Lockscreen on WM 6.5

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Dear Friends,

Many of you will agree that the Samsung lock screen that use to come with WM 6.1 ROMs was better than the lock screen of 6.5 ROMs (Microsoft one) as the Samsung one lets you control radio and touch player, set a different wallpaper than your home screen and uses very less amount of memory in comparison to 6.5 one which seems to keep eating memory on and on.

I have assembled a cab for enabling the default lock screen back. This cab :

1. Copies the Samsung lock screen files to windows directory.

2. Enables it in the registry

3. Disables the Microsoft 6.5 CPR based lock screen.

4. Enables default settings icon in start menu (The reason for doing this is that in the JC2 ROM, if you enable the default settings icon and go to System\Lockscreen, it opens up the old, 6.1 style lock screen configuration to change the display a bit and lets you choose wallpaper. Maybe its a bug, may be its intentional, but for now, it is very useful :) )

5. Enables the Photo Album application to apply a wallpaper to lock screen. It enables the lock screen menu item when you choose Set As in the menu.

Just install the cab and soft reset your phone, preferably using the Power button ;)

NOTES:

1. The files have been taken from the original WM 6.1 rom for India, the B7610DDIJ3 ROM.

2. As the cab is not signed, you may need to disable the certificate checking feature. For this, you can use many utilities, like Schap's Advance Configuration Tool 3.3, available at http://www.touchxperience.com/ . Just install and run this app, go to the Miscellaneous section and set Security Warning to Disabled. Plus you may also need to install SDK certificates. The cab for that is attached with this post. After doing these things, first restart your phone and then install my cab.

Cheers! :D

PS : I know there is a link available in the "B7610 Collection" thread which offers something similar, but this is a complete solution in a single cab.

Samsung_Sumit_LockScreen.cab

SDKCertsWM65.cab

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Klimto

I really would like this, if only my phone would wake up faster :)

Really, sometimes it takes about 20 seconds for it to wake up, even with multiple lock button presses. Any ideas?

Guest Thunder141

Thx. Cab working like a charm. How to edit the settings cause when i use System Lockscreen it enables the default windos lockscreen in the very old style

Possible to get the cab in other languages like german?

Edited by Thunder141

Guest Thunder141

sometimes touch on the screen after pressing the lock button makes wake up faster

I really would like this, if only my phone would wake up faster :)

Really, sometimes it takes about 20 seconds for it to wake up, even with multiple lock button presses. Any ideas?

Guest daskalos

GA B7620's lock screen is like th 6.1 lock screen, but by default, it works on their stock 6.5 ROM without any tweaking :)

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
GA B7620's lock screen is like th 6.1 lock screen, but by default, it works on their stock 6.5 ROM without any tweaking :)

Oh thats wonderful! Can you post the files for it please?

@Thunder141 : This change is deliberate. I think you should stop using the lock command present in the start menu soft key. Lockscreen.dll, the file that is used for both the new 6.5 and old 6.1 style lockscreen eats up memory.and enabling the 6.5 lockscreen will make things unstable. So either you use this lockscreen or uninstall the cab to get back 6.5 style.

No buddy, cant do it in any other language. On the other hand, there are no language files actually. So of you have a German rom, just dump it and copy lockscreen.exe and lockscreen.swf in the \Windows folder overwriting the files installed by this cab. You will get German language then.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest daskalos

Ok but i think it needs reg editing if it's gonna be transferred to B7610

I'll upload it later

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Ok but i think it needs reg editing if it's gonna be transferred to B7610

I'll upload it later

Sure, please take your time :) And thanks in advance!

Guest moxxy

hi, thanks for the cabs but i have a problem, i installed both of them with resetting them in between, i can set up the screen and i got al the options i need, but i can`t seem to active it.

i always get the normal 6.5 lock screen and not the samsung lock screen.

Guest LycanX

Hey Sumit,

I have installed the cab....when i soft reset the phone, the samsung lockscreen pops up...but when i lock it with the lock key, it goes to the default sliding one.

also, i tried to copy the locksreen files into the windows folder and changed the registry setting, also i have placed the locksreen.exe in the startup folder.

same thing happens, in short it only works for the first time when the phone is restarted or soft resetted.

did u face this when u tried it???

I am using Daskalos modified JC2 ROM

EDIT:

after toiling around with it for some time, it is working for me...dont know whether its happening for everyone or not, the lockscreen registry settings were not getting changed to value 2, its working fine after manually changing it...but there is some small LAG where the actual screen is being displayed first before showing the locked screen.

Edited by LycanX

Guest Thunder141

How do I get to those files, if i altready installed a german wm6.5 rom? Do I need an wm6.1 rom and must I flash it to get to those two files?

@Thunder141 : This change is deliberate. I think you should stop using the lock command present in the start menu soft key. Lockscreen.dll, the file that is used for both the new 6.5 and old 6.1 style lockscreen eats up memory.and enabling the 6.5 lockscreen will make things unstable. So either you use this lockscreen or uninstall the cab to get back 6.5 style.

No buddy, cant do it in any other language. On the other hand, there are no language files actually. So of you have a German rom, just dump it and copy lockscreen.exe and lockscreen.swf in the \Windows folder overwriting the files installed by this cab. You will get German language then.

Guest gallant_suri

Dude...

I've installed on nooBody+Rapid I8000 rom, working awesome. Thank you somuch.

Edited by gallant_suri

Guest LycanX
Can we set the background somewhere? ;)

I was looking for the options, but I can't find any! :)

Use the Samsung Photo viewer application, select a picture, click on menu and click on set as lock sreeen

Guest ErnstJanF
Use the Samsung Photo viewer application, select a picture, click on menu and click on set as lock sreeen

I already did ;)

Still black background :)

Guest daskalos
I already did :D

Still black background ;)

Check your installed programs...How many lockscreen were installed? :)

Edited by daskalos

Guest ErnstJanF
Check your installed programs...How many lockscreen were installed? :)

1, as it was the first CAB I installed after reflash :D

I'm on the dutch official JC2.. maybe this is a bug? ;)

Guest ErnstJanF
i have the same problem, also the dutch rom.

I now use the one Tylwith provided [collection thread] with S2U2 and it works fine :)

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Guys, If you are installing this on a stock rom, please remember to disable the security warning thing and install SDKCerts. As I told you this cab is unsigned and it accesses two areas of registry that are prohibited by default : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Lockscreen and HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo. You need to lower your ROMs security.

@Daskalos: My pleasure buddy, its great that I was able to contribute something for the community :)

Guest Freezy1982
I now use the one Tylwith provided [collection thread] with S2U2 and it works fine :)

Hey ErnstJanF,

if you are using S2U2 and it is working fine - you don't have the camera-button-issue? Please try to push the cam button, when you see the lockscreen of S2U2.

- Does the Camera open?

- The same for the Volume-Rockers?

Thanks for reply!