[CAB] Enable Samsung WM 6.1 Lockscreen on WM 6.5

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest ErnstJanF
Hey ErnstJanF,

if you are using S2U2 and it is working fine - you don't have the camera-button-issue? Please try to push the cam button, when you see the lockscreen of S2U2.

- Does the Camera open?

- The same for the Volume-Rockers?

Thanks for reply!

I just pressed the camera button and it said 'Loading..' but then just quit.. ;)

The volume buttons are not working either, but I'd like to see them working! :)

Guest Freezy1982
I just pressed the camera button and it said 'Loading..' but then just quit.. :D

The volume buttons are not working either, but I'd like to see them working! ;)

For me the camera is still useable in S2U2 LockMode (VolumeRocker also) :) I love this app, but this is absolutely unfunctional with using a case which pushes the Buttons if you pull out your phone ...

Have you installed the Samsung VolumeControl.cab? I use a MEGAlite and had to insall it after flashing... It will activate the "old round Volume Skin"

Samsung_Volume_Control.cab

Guest Ignition

will uninstalling this cab return everything to normal ??? ie. old lock, etc... in case i dont like the samsung one.. :)

Guest Freezy1982

Hey Daskalos,

after installing your ArmaniCAB & Restart, I get an error: "LockScreen cannot be opened. Missing Zertificate ore one of its components"

What did I do wrong?

Guest daskalos
Hey Daskalos,

after installing your ArmaniCAB & Restart, I get an error: "LockScreen cannot be opened. Missing Zertificate ore one of its components"

What did I do wrong?

Install SDK certs posted by Sumit

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
will uninstalling this cab return everything to normal ??? ie. old lock, etc... in case i dont like the samsung one.. :rolleyes:

Yes, as far as standard WM cab uninstallation system works, everything should get back to normal. If it doesn't, post here your problem and I (and/or the other smart guys in this forum :D ) will try to resolve it.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Freezy1982

Version 2.2 installed already... :rolleyes:

... but i will install once again...

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey buddy, is Flashlite working fine in your Armani ROM?? Coz the Samsung Lockscreen uses SWF file which runs on flashlite. Just a thought about the problem of Freezy1982. :rolleyes:

@Freezy1982: Do you have certificate warning disabled on your rom?

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Freezy1982

I think so... But where to look it up?

BTW after installing your Certs and rebooting I get the following error:

Error: (OrientationNofity)

Register Smi Orientation Notify Error

Check the Samsung Mobile SDK runtime library

What do I need? Something wrong with the App OrientationDetection?

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

I guess Daskalos will be able to say more about this error as this is his ROM. It should not come by just using SDKCerts coz all SDKCerts does is install developer certificates which are available for developers to test their applications while they are developing them. Many of the users who develop freewares sign their apps with these certificates. On device they are just used for matching certificates, nothing else.

Guest Freezy1982

Ok, I will check my system settings again and will reinstall all Certificates - probably the error is caused by too many installed Cert-Versions...

Guest Ignition

argh... daskalos i installed your armani lock screen.. was working fine.. cool... then i went into system settings and played with the lock screen settings and now i have some weird lock screen i've never seen before.. it isnt even the 6.5 one... arrrgghhh.......

that'll teach me to play with any settings i guess.. haha... might just try an uninstall and then re-install...

Guest daskalos
argh... daskalos i installed your armani lock screen.. was working fine.. cool... then i went into system settings and played with the lock screen settings and now i have some weird lock screen i've never seen before.. it isnt even the 6.5 one... arrrgghhh.......

that'll teach me to play with any settings i guess.. haha... might just try an uninstall and then re-install...

Yup you must not edit the lock screen via Samsung Settings, activating it will change something in the registry. Reinstall the GA lockscreen again to get it back.

If you want to change background, do it via Photo Album

Guest Ignition

ok cool... thanks dasaklos.. yeah doesnt seen to to like edit settings at all.. but i'd never clicked that before and yeah the settings in it are useless anyhow.... :rolleyes:

Guest Freezy1982

For me it doesn't work with installing the SDK Certs.. I think a hardreset would help to solve this problem (too many different SDK installations done)

But before I spend a lot of time with installing I would like to know, if the lockscreen doesn't have this behavior:

(Perhaps someone who is using this lockscreen could tell me)

- If it's locked Cam Button & Volume Rockers are still useable (visible or in backround)

- Call somebody without unlock by pressing "green call button" twice

- no standby available when locked (saving Batterypower)

THX 4 Info!

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
For me it doesn't work with installing the SDK Certs.. I think a hardreset would help to solve this problem (too many different SDK installations done)

But before I spend a lot of time with installing I would like to know, if the lockscreen doesn't have this behavior:

(Perhaps someone who is using this lockscreen could tell me)

- If it's locked Cam Button & Volume Rockers are still useable (visible or in backround)

- Call somebody without unlock by pressing "green call button" twice

- no standby available when locked (saving Batterypower)

THX 4 Info!

- Cam button is not usable but i think volume rocker is. Not using it right now so cant tell exactly.

- You can use the call button to receive a call but not calling.

- It does goes to standby after some time if you leave the phone locked.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Freezy1982
- Cam button is not usable but i think volume rocker is. Not using it right now so cant tell exactly.

- You can use the call button to receive a call but not calling.

- It does goes to standby after some time if you leave the phone locked.

Thank you for your Info Sumit! :rolleyes:

Question: What Lockscreen do you use right now? Does your App lock your phone properly? I heaven't found a dependable Lock for B7610 yet :D

Can someone who use it tell me, if the Rockers are available and other settings could be reached (calls could be made) while Rockers are pushed?

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Thank you for your Info Sumit! :rolleyes:

Question: What Lockscreen do you use right now? Does your App lock your phone properly? I heaven't found a dependable Lock for B7610 yet :D

Can someone who use it tell me, if the Rockers are available and other settings could be reached (calls could be made) while Rockers are pushed?

I have made myself a custom JC2 ROM with 12 MB pagepool. I am using it along with AutoClosePatch 1.1 . Now I use WM 6.5 default lockscreen along with Titanium and face no problem at all. I have 48-50 MB RAM available all the time and dont have to reboot my phone everyday. The problem with WM 6.5 lockscreen was that in my previous ROM I was using 8 MB Pagepool which was not adequate. So many times the phone did not ring at all on incoming call but when the call disconnects it shows a call for 2 seconds with Unknown Caller and Unknown Number. After increasing the page pool in my rom, this problem is gone.

I used this 6.1 lockscreen for a while but I faced two problems. 1. If you lock the screen by lock button and immediately after that a call comes, the phone doesn't shows the call for first 7-8 rings. Also, you cant immediately wake the phone too. 2. When memory gets full, in 6.5, the lockscreen process gets killed. This did not use to happen in 6.1. So I fall back to 6.5 lockscreen and tried to find a solution for it. Now I am quiet satisfied with it, just I dont get media control buttons on it. But you can't have all the good things :|

Guest gallant_suri

Hi,

I've installed on my Samsung Omnia II which is currently running nOObody + Rapid HTC sense. Lockscreen is working fine when I use unlock from touch screen by tapping click+hold, but it's not working If I use hardware lock key + hold.

Does anyone help me out in this issue!!

Thanks in advance!!

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Hi,

I've installed on my Samsung Omnia II which is currently running nOObody + Rapid HTC sense. Lockscreen is working fine when I use unlock from touch screen by tapping click+hold, but it's not working If I use hardware lock key + hold.

Thanks in advance!!

It works but sometimes it takes upto a minute to respond. Try to read atleast the last post before posting your queries. I was also talking about known problems.

Guest Del1701
Hi,

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all, same as the above post, I put this on my omnia 2 using a stock JE2 rom and the lock screen works fine with the exception of it not unlocking when you press and hold the lock button. Not a biggie for me, thanks for sharing this I've been looking for this for ages :rolleyes:

Guest Ignition
Here's the GA B7620 6.5 lock screen for B7610

Credits to Sumit for the initiative

I have been using this lockscreen, from the B7620 rom and i must say its awesome.. i really like the slide down media player controls when locked... brilliant !!

thanks for the upload !!

Guest Ignition

oh.. one more thing... the default windows lockscreen is configurable in that you can use your own graphics, etc.. and there is an xml file you can edit..... its very powerful and you can pretty much make it look however you wish...

does the samsung one have this type of configuration too ?? or are we just stuck with exactly what we currently see ????

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
oh.. one more thing... the default windows lockscreen is configurable in that you can use your own graphics, etc.. and there is an xml file you can edit..... its very powerful and you can pretty much make it look however you wish...

does the samsung one have this type of configuration too ?? or are we just stuck with exactly what we currently see ????

No with Samsung one, customizations are not possible as it runs off a SWF file. So unless you are able to edit that in Adobe Flash or something, its pretty much not configurable. There are two variations possible in its display which can be configured through the Lockscreen icon in Windows Mobile settings menu (not the samsung one).

Now even though it shows controls for media player, I still prefer 6.5 lockscreen over it. I was having problem with 6.5 lockscreen because of low pagepool in my rom previously. After I increased it to 12 MB, I am having no problems whatsoever. I am using it along with titanium and sometimes touchwiz and samsung today, and I don't get any trouble, my phone is running without restart since 4 days now :rolleyes: