Touchscreen software bug?

Guest x.v_

Guest x.v_

Quick summary: if you touch two points quickly and consecutively, the screen interprets it as you just dragged your finger between the points.

Tell me what you think and if you can recreate it... the easiest way is to do it with the home screen. Try tapping the edges of your phone quickly (to make it actually switch screens, the bug is still present at any distance).

Guest aceofrazgriz

doesn't give me that issue using the normal keyboard.

only issue i've come across with the touchscreen is when playing a game in one of the emulators.

the multitouch is a completely systemwide thing anyway, it has to be supported by apps (even keyboards) to work properly, from what i'm seeing in that video, and from what i just did using the HTC stock keyboard, the issue is with swype in this case. maybe others can chime in their experience.

Guest x.v_
doesn't give me that issue using the normal keyboard.

only issue i've come across with the touchscreen is when playing a game in one of the emulators.

the multitouch is a completely systemwide thing anyway, it has to be supported by apps (even keyboards) to work properly, from what i'm seeing in that video, and from what i just did using the HTC stock keyboard, the issue is with swype in this case. maybe others can chime in their experience.

It ISN'T a problem with Swype. You can do this in ANY app. Swype just simply illustrates it. Try it yourself by tapping quickly on the edges of your home screens. Other people can recreate it as well... :/ This thread has gotten 0 attention, but threads on other forums have gotten slightly more. :rolleyes: