19/May - Installing a custom recovery image on your device

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

To go with our freshly rooted Pulse Minis I have created versions of AmonRA and Koush's custom recoveries for the mini. Note that these are created by me and are in no way officially endorsed by AmonRA or Koush (although an official clockwork recovery is coming).

The custom recovery allows you to do all sorts of lovely things such as installing ROM update zips (for the forthcoming custom ROMs), wiping various parts of the device, backing up and restoring and much more.

You can enter recovery mode by turning your device on while holding down 'volume up' and 'send' (green) then powering on your device.

Downloads

• AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 65d4dcbbedb956a9f88dd1981fb31ef8
  • Koush's Clockwork Recovery 1.8.1.4 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 19f9f365e220c56f19e783ce1f69d7d4

• Download the recovery image of your choice above and extract the zip file
    • Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys
    • WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
    • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'
    • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-recovery-linux.sh'
    • That's it, job done! Enjoy! :)

P

Guest thfc5975
Typo-tastic! :(

P

Have tried this every way I can and still cant get it to work. As soon as I double click on the .bat it flashes up and nothin happens.

Guest chrish2009
Have tried this every way I can and still cant get it to work. As soon as I double click on the .bat it flashes up and nothin happens.

And thats why people should get a mac.

Rubbish windows lol

I dunno about ur problem, u will have to wait for a more talented person than me, or use linux or mac, you could download linux as its free and create a boot disc,

no need to install it then, just run straight from disc :(

chris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Beagleux

Can't get it to work. I get same problem as thfc5975. I double click and the cmd window opens up and sais that everything went great. But after the window close down it's still on the Huawei screen and i can't reboot without removing the battery. And also I'm not seen the phone explorer, should I do that? (I'm running windows 7 32 bit btw)

Edit: Got it to work. Missed that you needed superboot first.

Edited by Beagleux

Guest Gjole86

1.6.2 amonra for pulse mini cant mount the sd card on PC. somewhere the job is broken i guess coz when USB_MS is selected a drive appear in My Comp, but no disk in it. i hope i explained nuff. need this option alot since im flashing alot :)

Guest Simon O
1.6.2 amonra for pulse mini cant mount the sd card on PC. somewhere the job is broken i guess coz when USB_MS is selected a drive appear in My Comp, but no disk in it. i hope i explained nuff. need this option alot since im flashing alot :)

Use Clockwork instead. Much better and it's updated often. The latest version is 2.5.0.4 which you can install using ROMManager from the Android Market. If you need to install a recovery image to start with then you can use the clockwork provided above.

Guest Gjole86
Use Clockwork instead. Much better and it's updated often. The latest version is 2.5.0.4 which you can install using ROMManager from the Android Market. If you need to install a recovery image to start with then you can use the clockwork provided above.

well i tried to install this

http://koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/re...k-pulsemini.img

and

http://koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/re...1-pulsemini.img

unpluged usb cable, removed battery for few sec and powered up with recovery combo (call/green key volume up and power) but phone booted into bootloader mode O_o. didnt tryed the version posted here coz it seems pretty old version. ow i installed em via fastboot from amonra zip file, edited the .bat script ofc :)

i guess gonna stick with amonra for a while ..

btw 2.5.0.4 is latest for pulse, 2.5.0.1 for minis

Edited by Gjole86

• 2 weeks later...
well i tried to install this

http://koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/re...k-pulsemini.img

and

http://koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/re...1-pulsemini.img

unpluged usb cable, removed battery for few sec and powered up with recovery combo (call/green key volume up and power) but phone booted into bootloader mode O_o. didnt tryed the version posted here coz it seems pretty old version. ow i installed em via fastboot from amonra zip file, edited the .bat script ofc :huh:

i guess gonna stick with amonra for a while ..

btw 2.5.0.4 is latest for pulse, 2.5.0.1 for minis

I get the same problem, those new recoveries don't work for me. Also now I'm stuck because I can't mount my USB so can't copy any roms to update. How did you solve this problem? And what is fastbooting?

Guest jasonXXx
I get the same problem, those new recoveries don't work for me. Also now I'm stuck because I can't mount my USB so can't copy any roms to update. How did you solve this problem? And what is fastbooting?

OK i get same problem. Fastboot is how you installed the recovery in the first place and the way to flash back and get original recovery download any of the stock roms and extract them then place the update.app on sdcard and turn your phone off then back on but press end call key and volume up at the same time that will install the update.app of the sdcard and restore you recovery image hope this helps.

Guest Jerry786

Im after a ROM, The pulse isnt bad in terms of usablity now that i have tweaked it to my liking but im fascinatted by these ROMS, Do they make the phone run any faster? The thing is, the last thing i want to do right now is wipe all my data out... BUT if there is a custom ROM which boosts performance on the mini...I think it would be worth it

Fill me in please.

Guest jasonXXx
Im after a ROM, The pulse isnt bad in terms of usablity now that i have tweaked it to my liking but im fascinatted by these ROMS, Do they make the phone run any faster? The thing is, the last thing i want to do right now is wipe all my data out... BUT if there is a custom ROM which boosts performance on the mini...I think it would be worth it

Fill me in please.

Again yes thay will boost peformance a bit but like with the custom recovery and superboot there is usb mounting problems i cant understand why this is not fixed by now. If you need better speed etc i would install launcher pro plus that is way faster then the pulse mini stock homescreen. also use taskpanel x.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ahat :D!

I was able to get the latest ClockworkMOD recovery by flashing a .zip [2.5.0.1(find it HERE)] in the old recovery(1.8.1.4).

EDIT: it doesn't seem to stick :) so i have to flash it every time i want to use it

Edited by ahat :D!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have instaled Clockwork Recovery from this post, i flashed rom succesfuly and now when i press volume down + red button + power button i'm stuck at t-mobile logo. It wont load the clockwork recovery mod, any help?

Guest cedric123
Hello everyone,

I have instaled Clockwork Recovery from this post, i flashed rom succesfuly and now when i press volume down + red button + power button i'm stuck at t-mobile logo. It wont load the clockwork recovery mod, any help?

try volume up + call(green button) and power:)

that 0one you use is boot loader for fast booting