Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4

Guest Rapid81

Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4

Created by Rapid

I created a wallpaper changer application (WaPaC), to the scheduled wallpaper changing on WM's Today and on Sense. Tested on Samsung Omnia 2 with Sense 2.5 and everything is working fine.

The program is not a beta anymore, but still under development and may contains some bugs.

Changes in 1.4

• No maximum files number anymore (maximum folders number is still 100)
  • A "Change NOW interface" added to select the needed UI to the change
  • Now the settings app shows the next time of the schedule
  • Random and continuously change setting added (you'll see randomizing popup window sometimes)
  • Intervals minimum set low to 1 minute with 1 minute steps
  • Besides the interval, now you can change the wallpapers at a specific time, like 8:00AM every day
  • The "back to the previous wallpaper" function is added and accessible with the "-prev" parameter and will change all choosen UI's wallpapers back to the previous one (not 100% if you use more than 1 directory for wallpapers storing).
  • The installer creates a "Change Now" and "Previous wallpaper" shortcut
  • Because I cannot create a setup.dll, the additional shortcuts is downloadable from the bottom of this post, but you need to edit the files, if you're not install the app to the device.
  • Several minor and major bugfixes
    • The program is now compatible with CHT 1.8.X. You can change the wallpaper of the Home tab, All tab and CHT Lockscreen.
    • When you plug your phone to USB with Mass Storage settings, and the needed folder is not available to the WaPaC (or you deleted a selected folder), the app not crash.
    • Context menu added to the Selected Folders list to remove folders (if the folder is not available anymore, etc.)
    • The application is pops up a warning in the case you not select any UI, when you want to save the settings (not when you uncheck all).
      • The folderchanging bug fixed (when you tap on a folder, and jumped in another folder in the selected one)

Changes in 1.2

[*] Redesigned interface

[*] Separated setting for "Change on Windows start" (If you have an earlier version installed, then you need to uncheck and save, then recheck and save the "Start with Windows" option, because the shortcut contents is changed)

[*] You can choose Minutes or Hours format at Interval settings

[*] Interval changed to 5-1440 minutes or 1 to 24 hours

[*] "Change NOW" button added

[*] "Change only in idle state" option added (This means, if you're using the phone (the backlight is on) in the time when the scheduled change comes, the changing is delayed)

[*]Maximum selectable folder number is 100

Changes in 1.1ß

- Folderselection is now free

- Maximum picture number changed to 10000/folder

- No need to refresh the list when you put new pictures in a selected folder

- Selected folders list stored and displayed after start and easy to modify.

- You can add a folder to the selected folders list by checking the checkbox near the folder's name. You can remove by the same method.

The program's not listing the directories with the following names:

- Windows

- Program Files

- Application data

- ConnMgr

- Documents and Settings

- Temp

Changes in 1.03ß (1.02 skipped, because some real trouble):

- S2U2 background change added (not tested)

- Settings saving corrected (HKCU\Software\WaPaC\)

- Interval steps changed to 5 mins

- Settings application supports all resolutions (tested on VGA, QVGA, WQVGA, WVGA, Square)

Changes in 1.01ß

- Start with Windows option problem fixed

- Clear Sense Background option added

Features:

- maximum 10000 pictures from multiple folders

- changeable interval from 10 to 720 minutes (12 hours)

- chooseable user interface to change background (Today and Sense)

- same wallpaper for the 2 UI or not :)

- start with Windows possibility

- not use memory at all, the changing starts with schedule and then quit

- separate settings application (only WVGA resolution supported yet)

- you can start/stop the scheduling in the settings app

Special thanx:

mohitsapru from XDA for his help

It is possible the program is working on other Sense, Manila or TouchFlo versions than Sense 2.5, if the wallpaper stored in the same place.

If you want to test it, download the cab and please give me some feedback and ideas, if you have any, to improve the app.

Download

If you appriciate my work, don't forget to buy me a beer...

Big thanx to who's appriciated my work 'till now!

[*]5€ Matthiew Marks

[*]7€ donwhann

[*]5€ Joao Costa

[*]5€ Naga01

Change_Now.zip

Previous_Wallpaper.zip

post-624700-1278406384_thumb.png

post-624700-1278406391_thumb.png

post-624700-1278406397_thumb.png

post-624700-1278406403_thumb.png

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jebise

holy s*** dude i was just thinking the same thing, only thing thats missing from the phone and a feature i love using on win7 and got so used to it and now you brought it to our phone amazing. Will this work for all tabs in sence? coz i have back4all installed and since you said it changes the today background i would assume that also means the background in the start menu.

Edited by jebise

Guest Rapid81
holy s*** dude i was just thinking the same thing, only thing thats missing from the phone and a feature i love using on win7 and got so used to it and now you brought it to our phone amazing. Will this work for all tabs in sence? coz i have back4all installed and since you said it changes the today background i would assume that also means the background in the start menu.

Yeah. Today and Start Menu and LockScreen, and if you have back4all, then the all tab. :)

Guest WovW
I created a wallpaper changer application (WaPaC)...

Really THANKS!!!

GRAZIE!!!!

I suppose that if you were a woman... I should fall in love with you! :-D

Now testing, hoping it will not conflict with s2u2.

Possible new implementation:

5 minutes interval range should be possible?

Change also s2u2 wallpaper itself? (the random s2u2 change is not a real random...)

Anyway:

THANKS Rapid81!!!

Guest Rapid81
Really THANKS!!!

GRAZIE!!!!

I suppose that if you were a woman... I should fall in love with you! :-D

Now testing, hoping it will not conflict with s2u2.

Possible new implementation:

5 minutes interval range should be possible?

Change also s2u2 wallpaper itself? (the random s2u2 change is not a real random...)

Anyway:

THANKS Rapid81!!!

Yeah, 5 minutes possible. Even 1 minutes, but that's not make any sense. :rolleyes:

If you find out and tell me, where the s2u2 stores the wallpaper (registry, I suppose), then I can add that option too.

Right now, I'm working on a universal settings interface to work on all resolution.

Guest WovW
Yeah, 5 minutes possible. Even 1 minutes, but that's not make any sense. :rolleyes:

If you find out and tell me, where the s2u2 stores the wallpaper (registry, I suppose), then I can add that option too.

Right now, I'm working on a universal settings interface to work on all resolution.

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2

The Key "Wallpaper"

Should have a value, for example \Scheda memoria\BackGrounds\pippo.jpg

If you change the value it is istantanely applied into s2u2. So it should be easy change... I suppose.

Another (more difficult) change should be: change background of original Samsung LockScreen??? Should it be possible?

Thanks again.

Guest Rapid81
In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2

The Key "Wallpaper"

Should have a value, for example \Scheda memoria\BackGrounds\pippo.jpg

If you change the value it is istantanely applied into s2u2. So it should be easy change... I suppose.

Another (more difficult) change should be: change background of original Samsung LockScreen??? Should it be possible?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it.

Under losckscreen, you mean the slider version or the default winmo one? The slider version's background is changing with the Today.

Guest WovW
Thanks for the info! I'll look into it.

Under losckscreen, you mean the slider version or the default winmo one? The slider version's background is changing with the Today.

I mean The "Omnia 2 LockScreen (Updated by you: 04/02/2010)"...

If Omnia 2 LockScreen should change the background every 5 minutes thanks to your app... I'm going to uninstall S2U2... :-D

Ciao

Guest Rapid81
I mean The "Omnia 2 LockScreen (Updated by you: 04/02/2010)"...

If Omnia 2 LockScreen should change the background every 5 minutes thanks to your app... I'm going to uninstall S2U2... :-D

Ciao

Yes, this program changes the background of the lockscreen. :rolleyes:

I think, I managed to create the "resolution-free" settings app. :D

post-624700-1274344551_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1274344557_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1274344561_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1274344565_thumb.jpg

Guest WovW
Yes, this program changes the background of the lockscreen. :rolleyes:

I think, I managed to create the "resolution-free" settings app. :D

Great improvement!!!

I've only an error selecting "start with windows": DirectoryNotFoundException.

Another improvement: when re-start the configuration, the list of "previously selected folders" should be shown... or not?

Ciao

Edited by WovW

Guest Rapid81
Great improvement!!!

I've only an error selecting "start with windows": DirectoryNotFoundException.

Another improvement: when re-start the configuration, the list of "previously selected folders" should be shown... or not?

Ciao

Just take a look at the first post. I fixed the problem with start with windows settings in 1.01.

The folders list only shown when you tap on the button. It's a long process to check out all the folders for pictures and I don't want that every time, when you start the program. You saw the wallpapers number and if you want to select a new folder, tap the button and select all folders what you want, then save. The wallpapers list will overwritten with the new list.

I'm thinking about a new, easier solution. But without a SelectFolderDialog (not exists in NETCF), is not so easy. :rolleyes:

Guest WovW
Just take a look at the first post. I fixed the problem with start with windows settings in 1.01.

Ehm, I'm using 1.01... :-(

The folders list only shown when you tap on the button. It's a long process to check out all the folders for pictures and I don't want that every time, when you start the program. You saw the wallpapers number and if you want to select a new folder, tap the button and select all folders what you want, then save. The wallpapers list will overwritten with the new list.

I'm thinking about a new, easier solution. But without a SelectFolderDialog (not exists in NETCF), is not so easy. :rolleyes:

Your solution is perfect to avoid time loose... I suggest only to "show in the list" only the selected entries... but forgive it... It is perfect how is it NOW :-P

Bye

Guest Rapid81
Ehm, I'm using 1.01... :-(

Your solution is perfect to avoid time loose... I suggest only to "show in the list" only the selected entries... but forgive it... It is perfect how is it NOW :-P

Bye

Interesting. I'll look into it, but it is possible, the previous settings messed up the new version. The "Start with windows" checked right now, or unchecked?

If checked and the error pops up when you want to uncheck it, then go to the

HKCU\Software\WaPaC

and change the StartwithWM to 0

Then try it again.

The show selected ones is a good idea.

Guest WovW
Interesting. I'll look into it, but it is possible, the previous settings messed up the new version. The "Start with windows" checked right now, or unchecked?

If checked and the error pops up when you want to uncheck it, then go to the

HKCU\Software\WaPaC

and change the StartwithWM to 0

I've not "HKCU\Software\WaPaC" in the registry... and The "Start with windows" is obviously not checked if I restart che settings...

The error pops when I try to check "start with windows"...

:-(

Guest Rapid81
I've not "HKCU\Software\WaPaC" in the registry... and The "Start with windows" is obviously not checked if I restart che settings...

The error pops when I try to check "start with windows"...

:-(

I messsed up the settings save a little. Sorry. I'll correct it.

Guest WovW
I messsed up the settings save a little. Sorry. I'll correct it.

Never ask SORRY, never... I'm glad of your work!!!

Mandami un cv che ti assumo :-D

Bye

Guest enrico988

Great work Rapid, when I'll have some time I'll test it.

(If I can help you in something, I have a bit of knowledge of coding in C# for mobile devices).

Mandami un cv che ti assumo :-D

He's not Italian :rolleyes:

Edited by enrico988

Guest WovW

He's not Italian :rolleyes:

OOOps, u're right! the flag is a "little" different :-D

Guest Rapid81

1.03 added. Changelog in first post.

(If I can help you in something, I have a bit of knowledge of coding in C# for mobile devices).

I'm doing it in VB.NET in VS2008. :rolleyes: But Thanx!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jebise

yeah it kept crashing for me yesterday, can you have it so it dose not scan for folders but rather allows you to manually add them. For me it started to add all my music folders and half way through the scan it crashed.

Guest Rapid81
yeah it kept crashing for me yesterday, can you have it so it dose not scan for folders but rather allows you to manually add them. For me it started to add all my music folders and half way through the scan it crashed.

Try 1.03. I changed the maximum folder 100 to 1000.

Guest jebise
Try 1.03. I changed the maximum folder 100 to 1000.

i will when i get home, why not just allow us to select the folder we want rather it having it scan?

Guest Rapid81
i will when i get home, why not just allow us to select the folder we want rather it having it scan?

Because no SelectFolderDialog in NETCF and I need to run through the storages to scan the folders with pictures. I'm thinking an other solution but with that, you cannot select multiple folders and cannot scan in subfolders for pictures. I mean, if you select a folder and that one have subfolders with pictures, that subfolders cannot add to list.

Guest jebise
Because no SelectFolderDialog in NETCF and I need to run through the storages to scan the folders with pictures. I'm thinking an other solution but with that, you cannot select multiple folders and cannot scan in subfolders for pictures. I mean, if you select a folder and that one have subfolders with pictures, that subfolders cannot add to list.

alright, maybe before it scans folder files maybe have a selection of folder that it will ignore and you can select music as one of them which should solve a hudge problem.