Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4

Guest jebise

cool that worked but at the top it says 1.02 anywho is there a way to keep the folder list so you don't have to scan each time?

Guest fclifton

Using 1.03, everything worked the first time I did the settings. Then I moved some files and directories around, and now it crashes after adding just 3 or 4 directories to the list. First detail listed is "DirectoryNotFoundException".

Guest Rapid81
Maybe it is possible to change the Samsung default UI Widget interface background too? :-)

If you tell me where that UI stores the wallpaper (probably a registry entry), then it's possible.

Guest Rapid81

I guess I solved this "I want to select the directories on my own" and "why the apps runs through the whole system" problems. :D

Now you have a "file explorer"-like thing and a second list where is the app stores the selected directories. The directories stays checked and reloaded on settings app restarts.

Still testing, but if I'll not found problems, I'll upload it soon.

The solution is not 100% finger-friendly...

Something like this: :rolleyes:

post-624700-1274433749_thumb.jpg

Guest jebise

nice work i been using 1.03 for almost 12 hours and cannot imagine how i lived without it. This just completes the phone (well animated wallpaper would be nice). Besides the folder selection which you fixed in 1.1 i have one major problem. The problem is using the phone opening different apps then going back to sence sometimes i get a full white background aka similar to the white squares problem, if i wait for the next interval the wallpaper dose change. This again might be the same reason why i get white squares on the tabs (not so often btw with the new core).

Also noticed a few times a cursor pops up for a few seconds within a application as the background is changing.

Edited by jebise

Guest Rapid81
nice work i been using 1.03 for almost 12 hours and cannot imagine how i lived without it. This just completes the phone (well animated wallpaper would be nice). Besides the folder selection which you fixed in 1.1 i have one major problem. The problem is using the phone opening different apps then going back to sence sometimes i get a full white background aka similar to the white squares problem, if i wait for the next interval the wallpaper dose change. This again might be the same reason why i get white squares on the tabs (not so often btw with the new core).

Also noticed a few times a cursor pops up for a few seconds within a application as the background is changing.

The white background is cause by the 16quicklinsk&back4all tweak. You should remove it and find another one to resolve this problem.

Yes, the waitcursor is spinning while the bakgournd is changing.That's the windows.

Guest Rapid81
i dont have 16 quick links but do have bak4all that your provided so maybe you have a updated version?

No, I haven't. I'm using it too, but I'm not experiencing white backgrounds. :rolleyes: Maybe the 6.5.3.

Guest fclifton

With 1.1 this is still not working for me. I can select in the directories but as soon as I get to the last directory, where the files are that I want, I get "DirectoryNotFoundException". However, I can select a different directory fine. I don't know what is the difference. The one I can select is "\My Storage\My Pictures\WVGA\Portrait" and the one that causes the crash is "\My Storage\My Pictures\Today Backgrounds". They both have a combination of .jpg and .png files. Any ideas? Would you like the log?

Guest Rapid81
With 1.1 this is still not working for me. I can select in the directories but as soon as I get to the last directory, where the files are that I want, I get "DirectoryNotFoundException". However, I can select a different directory fine. I don't know what is the difference. The one I can select is "\My Storage\My Pictures\WVGA\Portrait" and the one that causes the crash is "\My Storage\My Pictures\Today Backgrounds". They both have a combination of .jpg and .png files. Any ideas? Would you like the log?

When did you get the error? When you check the checkbox or when you want to save the list?

Guest Rapid81

Anybody can tell me where the SPB MS and Samsung Today (TouchWiz? I don't know which is which) stores the wallpapers? I want to put these in the program too.

Guest WovW
Anybody can tell me where the SPB MS and Samsung Today (TouchWiz? I don't know which is which) stores the wallpapers? I want to put these in the program too.

SPB Mobile Shell read from a configuration file the background, and if you change it, SPB has to "restart"... so I suppose is not so easy... Read this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=468547

For samsung "work-business" today: same difficult see:

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to-b58/ch...-samsung-today/

:-(

Bye

Guest jebise

i had the same error it seems this is the case if you had 1.03 installed. What i did to fix it was disable the app changed wallpaper in sense manually re enabled app took it of sense and just checked and unchecked everything one by one and it seems to have stopped my errors. But i have noticed a increase of white backgrounds since 1.1 may go back to 1.03. Or Rapid maybe you know a way to make the white squares into black squares (yes i know error inn 6.5.3), everything gets so much harder to read on a white background and black everything seems fine so if that could change i would not mind them as much.

Edited by jebise

Guest fclifton
When did you get the error? When you check the checkbox or when you want to save the list?

When I attempt to save the list

Guest Rapid81
When I attempt to save the list

Then something is wrong with the directory. The name or the contents, I don't know. When you save the list, the program checks the contents of it for picture files. The error means, the program cannot change the current dir to that directory.

I'm working on the 1.2 (not beta) version. Lots of new settings and different setting interface. :rolleyes:

post-624700-1274949544_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1274949549_thumb.jpg

post-624700-1274949553_thumb.jpg

Guest WovW

Fantastic... but this new version give me an error when check "Change only in idle state" and save...

Re-opening the program the check is not checked...

Always directory not found error... :-(

Bye

Guest Rapid81
Fantastic... but this new version give me an error when check "Change only in idle state" and save...

Re-opening the program the check is not checked...

Always directory not found error... :-(

Bye

I updated the cab. Now the "Change only in idle state" is stays checked.

When you save the Settings and you checked the "Start with Windows", then the application is create the shortcut in \Windows\StartUp folder. Something is wrong with that folder in your phone. Because I check the existance of the lnk before delete, and before creating it too and only if it's not exists, then create it, and only if it's exist, then delete it..

Guest WovW
I updated the cab. Now the "Change only in idle state" is stays checked.

When you save the Settings and you checked the "Start with Windows", then the application is create the shortcut in \Windows\StartUp folder. Something is wrong with that folder in your phone. Because I check the existance of the lnk before delete, and before creating it too and only if it's not exists, then create it, and only if it's exist, then delete it..

I've found the question... I've no "windows\startup" folder.

I've "windows\esecuzione automatica" folder (Italian original samsung rom)...

This should be the issue... I've create "your desired folder" and all is ok! Then I've manually cut-paste the link in mine right folder...

Bye