What happened to my joystick??

Guest msmith0957

Guest msmith0957

I'm not sure what has happened, but it seems that I have lost the functionality of the optical joystick. So, I can't switch between homescreens using it, pick diff links on a web page, or most importantly, take pictures! I have a feeling this may have something to do with the mass amount of apps I have installed, but what app would just ruin the joystick functionality? I downloaded a couple photo apps that take pictures with special effects which force you to press an icon on the screen (not the optical joystick) to take the pictures, is it possible it never returned functionality to the joystick ? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd prefer not to have to reset the phone and start over though.

Guest msmith0957
Try wiping data / cache and see if its still not working

hm.. I'm sure that's really easy to do, but could you tell me where I can find the option to do so? Thanks.. this is my first android phone so I still don't know where everything is :rolleyes:

Guest msmith0957

or did you mean just the data and cache directories? Because I have a file manager, but it appears that these directories, along with several others, are completely empty. I'm assuming I just don't have permission to see the files though, but is that normal ?

Guest msmith0957

So I took the phone into verizon and after doing a hard reset they just decided to have me receive a new phone.. which won't be shipped until June 12th... great.