Omnia, no power, not charging, nothing

Guest Gayan

Guest Gayan

Hi all,

My Omnia suddenly refused to charge with the Wall charger, I checked with a USB charging cable bought off eBay and it didn't work either (Which was working like a charm before)

I was watching a Video last night (Battery was 10%) and it was switched off since the battery went empty, Today I connected it to the Wall charger and it started to charge as usually, just after 2 seconds I heard a small noise (Like short circuit)from the wall charger, I believe it was due to improper contacts with the wall socket,not a big deal, but I switched off the wall charger immediately when I heard the sound,

Now the phone refuse to charge with the Wall charger or the USB charger, not any Red/Green light, What is wrong here, help me please :rolleyes: :D :(

Guest Billus

Judging by the "small noise", I think your Omnia short circuited, especially since no light whatsoever appears. Not really worth repairing, best off to get a new phone.

Guest Junoman

Sorry to hear your situation,

Does the phone in good working order now? Try to borrow a similar charger from a friend and have a try! Unless take your phone to a mobile shop in Pettah and try a suitale charger.

J.

Guest carpcmelee

You probobly already tried this, but when my Omnia doesnt charge or turn on, I press the reset button and it works instantly

Guest Gayan
Sorry to hear your situation,

Does the phone in good working order now? Try to borrow a similar charger from a friend and have a try! Unless take your phone to a mobile shop in Pettah and try a suitale charger.

J.

To my amazement it started to charge with the USB charger the day before yesterday :rolleyes:

But wall charger is still not working, seems I'll have to buy a new wall charger :D

Thanks for the reply mate!

Guest Gayan
You probobly already tried this, but when my Omnia doesnt charge or turn on, I press the reset button and it works instantly

I tried but it didn't work :rolleyes: