24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CellJr
I'm hitting 3.5mbps downloads in orange county CA on T-Mobile with the new radio

It blows away my friends Droid on Verizon who is lucky to get over 1mb

Honestly though I didn't ever really get over 1mbps down before the new radio.

I definitely feel a huge difference browsing and tethering.

IMO the radio update is much better.

Btw. What state and city are you in. Your speeds sound really good.

I don't even know how you guys are getting more than 1mb...

I have t-mobile 3g and at most after the speedtest from speedtest.net i get 500-700 kbps down and 200-400 kbps up.

That is sad compared to what you guys get.

Guest CellJr
i am on stock froyo but did a quick root.... does this update allow me to install apps to sd?

As far as I can see, no. At least I cannot move any of my apps to the SD card.

As far as I can see, no. At least I cannot move any of my apps to the SD card.

That's because none of the apps on the market support that feature. The feature has to be implemented on the app by the developer

Guest Vegito168
I don't even know how you guys are getting more than 1mb...

I have t-mobile 3g and at most after the speedtest from speedtest.net i get 500-700 kbps down and 200-400 kbps up.

That is sad compared to what you guys get.

It's not actually megabytes, it megabits. Big difference. Its actually more like 350kb/s or so. I'm not sure of the exact conversion to kb/s from Mbps. Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

Guest Pinko_Commie
It's not actually megabytes, it megabits. Big difference. Its actually more like 350kb/s or so. I'm not sure of the exact conversion to kb/s from Mbps. Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

Divide by 8.

8 bits = 1 byte.

1 Mbit/s = 128 kb/s

On a seperate note, loving Froyo. No issues what so ever on mine. Well apart from the lack of Rosie, but I can wait for that. :-)

Guest wrxtc714

You are right. My mistake. I should have thought about That

So I am at 3megabits per second donwnload

And around 2 megabits per second up

Wouldn't 1000kbps equal 1mbps though.

It actually says 3445kbps on the speedtest app

Guest sunpotion
Problem: After installed the Froyo image over Cyanogen 5.0.6 I have no Phone or Contacts app. The phone does pop up if I receive a call, but I can't call out. My phone and contacts apps on the desktop have been replaced by generic icons, but there are no phone or contacts apps in the apps drawer ... ?

I too have the same problem. Installed Froyo pre=rooted update zip + radio (and later + online kitchen) on my rooted N1 over Desire ROM. Now, no phone, contacts, browser, market, gmail...bascially all the google tools won't work. They either FC or saying "Application is not installed on your phone". All 3rd party apps do work with no problem. I'd appreciate if anyone can guide me to fix the problem. Many Thanks.

Edited by sunpotion

Guest aaca0712
I too have the same problem. Installed Froyo pre=rooted update zip + radio (and later + online kitchen) on my rooted N1 over Desire ROM. Now, no phone, contacts, browser, market, gmail...bascially all the google tools won't work. They either FC or saying "Application is not installed on your phone". All 3rd party apps do work with no problem. I'd appreciate if anyone can guide me to fix the problem. Many Thanks.

Did u wiped before installing the new ROM?

I faced the same issue, but after iwped, it's all solved

Guest jiggs817

hi, did you guys have any problems withy mybackup pro? mybackup pro has stopped unexpected while restoring my applications.

Guest sunpotion
Did u wiped before installing the new ROM?

I faced the same issue, but after iwped, it's all solved

Got it. After doing a complete wipe, all the google apps are working now. Thank you so much in solving my problem. You are the best.

Guest CellJr

Yes I know, what I stated is in bits... If I convert it to bytes then it is around 40-70 kilobytes/s

Edited by CellJr

Guest CellJr
You are right. My mistake. I should have thought about That

So I am at 3megabits per second donwnload

And around 2 megabits per second up

Wouldn't 1000kbps equal 1mbps though.

It actually says 3445kbps on the speedtest app

You can go to the settings inside that app and change it to bytes or bits.

My 3g internet is SLOW compared to what you guys are getting...

Guest MooMooz
I'm hitting 3.5mbps downloads in orange county CA on T-Mobile with the new radio

It blows away my friends Droid on Verizon who is lucky to get over 1mb

Honestly though I didn't ever really get over 1mbps down before the new radio.

I definitely feel a huge difference browsing and tethering.

IMO the radio update is much better.

Btw. What state and city are you in. Your speeds sound really good.

I'm in NY, NYC... Even so, It depends on area within NYC, some areas still suck, but overall it's pretty damn fast. We have HSPA+ turned on here finally.

I hit 5.6 Mbit/sec DL a few times, highest I ever got, too bad N1 does not support full HSPA+

Unless the Radio Update screws up people who lives in a HSPA+ enabled area, who knows. :rolleyes:

And yea, screw the Droid/Verizon, TMOB FTW!

I don't care what those commercials says, but in NYC, TMOB has the fastest 3G!

Guest dogei22
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing serious lagging with Froyo, especially when returning to the home screen. Performance was much smoother with 2.1. I've tried the traditional wiping + reflashing twice now but still feel like I'm back on my old HTC Hero.

Seriously annoying as Froyo seem to be a huge improvement otherwise.

Also, any way to change the default dialer link in the dock to open Dialer One as the stock dialer is just not keeping up with other alternatives?

Problem appear to be solved, my CPU was for some reason stuck at 384MHz, no wonder it was slow. I had to manually force the min CPU speed to 998MHz with SetCPU before I got my speed back. Strange, not sure if SetCPU itself caused the problem initially. I'm still noticing a short lag ~2-300ms when unlocking the phone and wanting to immediately switch home screen but I guess that is a feature of Froyo, otherwise it runs very smooth.

Guest stevenz

I get 6Mbps on my girlfriends cheap wifi router and about 4Mbps on my good one (wtf!?). Pretty quick either way!

I get around 1.5MBps over HSPA which isn't too bad considering the local network.

Guest serotizm

Great work Paul. Thank you.

2.2 is much faster, new Car Home is better than the old one.

But can you please add SIM Toolkit to the kitchen? This is very important for me.

Guest ChrisChros

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the Titanium app on my N1. When I start the app I become an error message that I can't use it because I have no root privileges. Can anyone help me to find the problem?

Christian

Guest Morgren
Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. Like I said I am using the Raven's BFS 800mv version, and I have no issues at all. Everything works as it should. Not sure why you are still having those issues.

Do you try copy some files on SD before unmount? I think you'll get funny "no unmount possible" effect. I copy files using ClockWork recovery mounting future for now. And yes, I am using the last Raven's BFS 925mv now.

Guest greywolfnz
Hey guys,

I have a problem with the Titanium app on my N1. When I start the app I become an error message that I can't use it because I have no root privileges. Can anyone help me to find the problem?

Christian

try the Problems ? button it will install busybox

Guest Shuflie
I get 6Mbps on my girlfriends cheap wifi router and about 4Mbps on my good one (wtf!?). Pretty quick either way!

I get around 1.5MBps over HSPA which isn't too bad considering the local network.

I'm assuming your gf's cheap wifi router is connected to a different phone line, the wtf is probably just that she has a faster internet connection than you do. Nothing to do with the router.

Guest SR Eyes
Great work Paul. Thank you.

2.2 is much faster, new Car Home is better than the old one.

But can you please add SIM Toolkit to the kitchen? This is very important for me.

+1. Please include SIM Toolkit.